Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos > User Photos
Donate! Join Today

User Photos Got any interesting pictures? If you want to share them with us then post them here. Holidays, friends, whatever...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Do the rules need changing ??
yes they need changing 1 4.35%
No its just a fun competition 22 95.65%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2008, 21:05   #31
I am Banned

Re: Do we need new rules in the photo competition

I dont think they should be changed - it is just a bit of fun.
people dont vote for pics that are good "technically" they vote for the idea behind a pic i suppose but that is good - it isnt an online art site - if it were then i would expect that people would improve their skills a little as some pics just wouldnt be accepted -
so yeah just a bit of fun!!
what i dont like is when pictures that are obviously not the poster's photos are uploaded i seem to remember one once being uploaded that had a watermark on it -which wouldnt have been there had it been their own photo but it was removed soon after.
if you enter a photo competition - even thought it is a bit of fun for gods sake at least take a photo lol
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-09-2008, 21:19   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by keetah992000 View Post
I dont think they should be changed - it is just a bit of fun.
people dont vote for pics that are good "technically" they vote for the idea behind a pic i suppose but that is good - it isnt an online art site - if it were then i would expect that people would improve their skills a little as some pics just wouldnt be accepted -
so yeah just a bit of fun!!
what i dont like is when pictures that are obviously not the poster's photos are uploaded i seem to remember one once being uploaded that had a watermark on it -which wouldnt have been there had it been their own photo but it was removed soon after.
if you enter a photo competition - even thought it is a bit of fun for gods sake at least take a photo lol
So pleased by your comments here Keetah, I have voted for your photos on many occasions to no avail, because they have been imaginative, truly beautiful and very professional. Thought you may have been insulted by some of the results, but happy to see that you are not ... 'tis usually the subject isn't it and how it relates to the voter?

Haven't voted yet (on the poll), as feel shouldn't be able to vote until all entries are in, but then we might miss a few votes, as only gives us 48 hours to cast a vote, and many people may not be available to do this.

Suppose the old cliche ... 'if not broken, why mend it?' ... so will probably vote to stay with the original formula that has worked for the past 51 comps.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 21:24   #33
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
So pleased by your comments here Keetah, I have voted for your photos on many occasions to no avail, because they have been imaginative, truly beautiful and very professional. Thought you may have been insulted by some of the results, but happy to see that you are not ... 'tis usually the subject isn't it and how it relates to the voter?
Ah arent you sweet - no really - I dont mind its just fun. I am lucky that I have had time to invest in a hobby that will soon be turning (partly) into a profession. I appreciate that not a lot of people have that time - but it doesnt mean that they dont have imagination x so keep it up everyone
and thanks katex x
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 22:31   #34
Resident Waffler

I think as it's just supposed to be a bit of fun we shouldn't take it too seriously. It's not as if someone's life was at stake or anything. Like Katex I think if there is one change I would agree with it would be not to open the voting until all the photos have been uploaded and the uploading is closed. The only problem I see with the current system is that someone may vote and then not look back in and there could have been another photo added that they like better.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 22:55   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

if its just supposed to be a bit of fun, why give the mods more work by altering summat? if people forget n do not vote fer a later addition they like better, so what? its only a bit of fun, some on here question every rule they can find to question, they do a damn good thankless job, why not leave things alone until summat IS serious?
Old 29-09-2008, 05:51   #36
Resting in Peace

The point about not opening the voting until uploads has closed can be sorted no problem.
but this will only give members 48 hours to vote.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 06:44   #37
Resident Waffler

How about having the competitions once a month with 3 weeks to upload and one week for voting?

P.S. This is just a suggestion before anybody accuses me of inventing new rules!

Old 29-09-2008, 07:21   #38
God Member

i notice some people have suggested possible changes, yet, if they voted they voted for no change, it hasnt been a problem for 51 competitions, until somebody decided to enlighten everybody to a potential slight issue, I voted no change, therefore wont be suggesting changes hence more work for the mods.
Old 29-09-2008, 11:24   #39
Resident Waffler

My suggestion wasn't an implication that it's a problem as is, just a way of perhaps pleasing some people. We can live in hope can't we?

Old 29-09-2008, 14:23   #40
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
How about having the competitions once a month with 3 weeks to upload and one week for voting?

P.S. This is just a suggestion before anybody accuses me of inventing new rules!
The comp I believe, originally was run over a month, if we are going to get as many fiddles as we can in, surely we should have daily competitions?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 21:01   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
The comp I believe, originally was run over a month, if we are going to get as many fiddles as we can in, surely we should have daily competitions?
With comments like that I think you should retire to your fireproof box.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 22:02   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
With comments like that I think you should retire to your fireproof box.
well i thought it was funny.
Old 29-09-2008, 22:11   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well i thought it was funny.
Good.........................

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..