Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Accrington Jobs
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Jobs Situations Vacant & Wanted/Further education/Career Advice Advertise job vacancies. Let people know you are looking for a position. Advertise your skills. Give or ask for info on Further Education. Which are good firms to work for?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2006, 08:55   #61
Junior Member+

Re: Not good firms to work for

hansons brickyard in huncoat, they have layed 100+ workers off for three weeks without pay!!!!!!!
niceone is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-05-2006, 17:12   #62
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
MacDonalds - Ultra ****e
i am of the opinion that macdonalds does provide a structured training program for the young worker. my son progressed from new trainee to shift manager.
bad breath brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 14:53   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad breath brown
i am of the opinion that macdonalds does provide a structured training program for the young worker. my son progressed from new trainee to shift manager.
I worked there for a few weekends. It is a pretty nasty company to work for, but it is possible to get promoted quickly if you can cope with the high pressure and all the grief you get off your bosses and the customers, and the rather pathetic pay.

I hated my time there and I have vowed never to use a mop ever again. Worst job ever!

I have worked at Express Gifts before. In fact I worked over 2-3 years during the Christmas periods. It's wasn't that bad when I was there because everyone knew each other and could have a laugh. Good work for college students who need a part-time job after college.
Old 12-05-2006, 18:46   #64

McLaren Foods, New company opened up 3 months ago rent a building at the back from hollands, They expect you to be paid for 8 hours per day but want you to work and mad you work 11-12 hours per day with no overtime, The excuse being you get a salary not an hourly rate!! So PLEASE EVERYONE AVOID THIS PLACE ITS SLAVE DRIVERS!
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 23:53   #65

Harrisons Engineering in Whalley.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:19   #66

I have been very lucky and have never really worked for a company I didnt really like. I did at spell at MyTravel a few years ago - and I hated it, but that was the job - not the company.
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 18:04   #67

Here's my one - Walsh Electrical in Nelson. So bad it made me ill...........literally. Hope that firm goes spectacularly down the swanee.
Old 11-02-2007, 21:22   #68
Senior Member+

crikey..this thread is over 3 years old...

the date of the 1st post was....10-10-2003..
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 00:27   #69
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy View Post
crikey..this thread is over 3 years old...

the date of the 1st post was....10-10-2003..
Time doesn't alter the fact that there is a lot of crap firms out there.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 00:35   #70
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

worst i ever worked for was giron freres used to be on factory bottom, they sacked me for attending a friends funeral. that was mid 60s an i still bare a grudge.
Old 13-02-2007, 17:08   #71
I am Band

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady McGough View Post
Here's my one - Walsh Electrical in Nelson...
I have heard from others in the trade that Walsh Electrical are the worst electrical contractors in the area. Usually the dead-ends that get found out at decent electrical firms end up there.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2007, 01:04   #72
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkologist View Post
I have heard from others in the trade that Walsh Electrical are the worst electrical contractors in the area. Usually the dead-ends that get found out at decent electrical firms end up there.

i like to put thos square 9v batteries on my tongue

you reackon they will give me job
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2007, 11:47   #73
I am Band

Talking Re: Not good firms to work for

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1 View Post
i like to put thos square 9v batteries on my tongue

you reackon they will give me job
Licking batteries as well, Chav?

I just had you down as a window-licker. I didn't realise that you were multi-skilled.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 18:11   #74

A little haulage company in Blackburn called "kenyons".... grandad and dad .. fantastic.... the sons....... well.. lack of alcohol and brewery springs to mind.... employes 70 people... during 2006 turned over more than 100 staff............. now thats quality.....
jimmyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 18:12   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
I'll agree there!! the wages was sh*te as was the supervisors that ran the floors lol
Express Gifts, didn't enjoy my first stint there. Second stint wasn't as bad but as accymel says the wages were awful. Some slave driving going on on the factory floors too in my opinion.

Nowhere near as bad as Crown Eyeglass where I worked for over a year. Awful place, awful wages, and some not so nice people working there... In my opinion of course.

Just reminded myself that on Christmas Eve the millionaire owner of the company walked into the office at 4.58pm and said... "You can go early."

Home time was 5.00pm

And if anyone left the company and the owner wanted to wish them well he'd always do it in our time not the companies.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..