Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2005, 11:36   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: Stewarding

What does that tell you ?[/quote]
It tells me we were very lucky that only York lost ! (I think)
Accrington Web
Old 02-11-2005, 11:47   #32
God Member

Come on if the carry on that surfaced on Saturday is because they lost what can we expect in the CCL 2?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 02-11-2005, 11:55   #33
God Member

Ahhh but at the time of most of the problems they hadn't lost. In fact the pitch invasion happened when they equalised!!!

Let's just point out that it was a minority of York Fans that caused the problems and most york fans are passionate supporters of their team just like ourselves.

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
Old 02-11-2005, 12:11   #34
God Member

So again the minority shame the majority who came to support ther team win lose or draw. Its sad that it happens especially after the good humour I saw with the Worcester fans.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 02-11-2005, 19:54   #35
God Member

having just spent an hour reading the various york forums on saturdays trouble I have to make comment, we all agreed that various York idiots were idiots but,
1 Jimmy Bell was out of order belting the ball at their fans.
2 Gary Roberts was out of order inciting an already volatile crowd with his goal celebrations
3 Darren Randolph gave as good as he got, which is not helpful to the coppers and stewards trying to hold back the tide.
4 Bouncers have no right to be working within a football ground. If they must then FFS put them in some sort of stewarding jacket not black and whites. BOMBER JACKETS?
5 Many of their fans had been drinking since 11. Having been turned away from Stanley matches in the past for smelling of drink after only a few pints I cannot understand how a large quantity of fans got in.
6 As per Jase's comments earlier, why were they allowed in the aisleway. We get moved every time. Give em an inch and they'll take an aisleway
Old 02-11-2005, 20:27   #36

OMG another one siding with york fans against the club

1. was he? did he?

2. no he was not out of order. players do that all the time at every level.

3. i see you leave out the racist monkey chants aimed at him

4. says who? you? they are not stewards they are security and have every right to be there. they have been there all season and no one complained. you didn't complain before did you?

5. just like many of our fans. me and many others. turn away everyone you think has had a few and you will have an empty ground. we also have the sports bar open all the game

6. stewards could not move them. police in riot gear could not move them. what are you talking about "allowed"

The only people to blame are the York City fans who caused the trouble. stop looking for scapegoats. the game has gone and all you people can do is slag off the club and staff.
Old 02-11-2005, 20:41   #37
Senior Member+

I think a lot of points york fans have made have correct but i dont think for one minute that excuses how they behaved, our problem was our ineffciency to enforce the rules of a football ground, Yorks was breaking them, in the end though its our responsibility being the home team to keep them under control and it never happend which is why it escalated as fast as it did.

When frank lashed out at a woking player he was ejected immediatly at that was in the 90th minute, would it happen at stanley?

Lee
Old 02-11-2005, 22:56   #38
God Member

frankly Someone, yes Jimmy Bell fired the ball into the crowd at pace on purpose, yes Gary Roberts was out of order, whether it happens at every level or not, yes Randoplph was out of order responding to the abuse monkey chants or not, Yes I say that bouncers have no right to be in a football ground wearing black and whites, they are tantamount to incitement in the wrong situation, drunken fans should not be in a football ground Stanley fans or otherwise. We were expecting a lot of York fans and we know or should have known that they have an unruly element (see NLP or York website or even ask the police as that is what they are there for) and as for allowing, they should have been made to observe ground safety rules from the moment they got in.

I am not for one moment siding with York, their behaviour was was unacceptable. But, from the moment this game was scheduled we could have had better plans underway. The comments levelled on this forum are not necessarily to slag off the club or its officials but to point out where things are wrong that shouldn't be. We know that representatives of the club read this forum and hopefully they will take on board what we as fans think or see that just maybe they haven't, ie, the supposed bouncers taking money at the gate and whether the club know anything about it. York fans have been quick to level blame at their own undesirables but also have laughed at our ground, fans, club, stewards and matchday organisation. They have come from higher levels of football whereas we have come from a lower level and some of their criticism is unfair and unwarranted, but some is true, And they are not the first club to call comments like this. We are in the top tier of non-league football and have aspirations of going higher, we need to get our house in order and this is not looking for scapegoats or slagging off ASFC. There are lessons to be learned from saturday and I hope they are learned.
Old 03-11-2005, 00:08   #39

Learn what? Some lads stood in the walkway. Big deal.

Give it a rest. your making a big fuss about nothing. What could have been? what might have been? Duh. go to the york forum and tell them off for there part and we might have some respect for you. The officials of ASFC saw what happened on Saturday. your just making it worse by banging on about it over and over again.

Third in the league and having a laugh.
Old 03-11-2005, 00:10   #40
God Member

no-one... lets see who's having a laugh when its more serious next time and you or someone with you gets a kicking because of ineptitude
Old 03-11-2005, 03:31   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone
Learn what? Some lads stood in the walkway. Big deal.

Give it a rest. your making a big fuss about nothing. What could have been? what might have been? Duh. go to the york forum and tell them off for there part and we might have some respect for you. The officials of ASFC saw what happened on Saturday. your just making it worse by banging on about it over and over again.

Third in the league and having a laugh.
When we eventually get in to the next round of A cup lets hope we don't draw a Millwall or Luton or someone like them we would be on here talking about far worse then a few Yorkies causing trouble, lets get the house in order then No one can complain.

Old 03-11-2005, 10:49   #42
rob

from graham charnley & mick schultz:

Many comments have been made about the Stewarding of our last home game against York City. We would like to take the opportunity of congratulating everyone involved in stewarding the match, particularly all the people who worked so hard in controlling the visiting fans.

Our stewards exercised great patience with the few visiting fans that insisted on breaking the ground regulations by blocking the walkway behind the goal. Stewards are in place within the ground to help people, support the ground rules and make sure that everyone including visiting spectators enjoy the experience of match days here in Accrington.
Without doubt the training and qualification of our stewards, on this occasion proved to be valuable.

The afternoon ended without any real problem other than a few boisterous fans at the away end who clearly did not want to do as our stewards were asking of them.

The events on the field against York City were also successful a 2 – 1 win, climbing to 3rd place in the table and a great crowd combined to give Accrington Stanley an excellent day.

Graham Charnley - Ground Director
Mick Schultz - Safety Officer
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..