Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-06-2006, 18:02   #31
I am Banned

Re: spreading the gospel

shouldnt it be the good name of accrington stanley we should be spreading not anybody else ...............................
waltergalbraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-06-2006, 18:11   #32
FC.

yawn .............
FC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 18:33   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltergalbraith
:engsmil: probably because the good people of accrington think your acting elitist e.g. at a stanley match watchin the game oh look there,s the ultras over there pictures in the paper oh look theres the ultras again watchin the telly oh theres the ultras again watchin the news oh out of our way we want to get on telly do you know who we are ? yea were the ultras and nothin goes until we say
Sounds like a your a bit jealous of the ultra's here pal...looking at your karma you could never be a member of the ultra's.

Why?...only friendly and sociable folk with summat constructive to say are welcome.
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 19:28   #34
God Member

look mate i will freely admit i havent been at every stanley game all my life....so chuffing what...if uve got a problem deal with it, it doesnt bother me,

I came to stanley when i was young and enjoyed it but then didnt come back for around 5 or 6 years, then i started to get intrested again when i was around 13/14 when i could freely get to stanley my own and didnt need to drag a parent along with me who arent football fans thats now around 4/5 years that i have been at stanley, I have always stood in or around the ultras...i didnt need to initiation test, no exam, nothing, just met a group of people who i have become very good friends with and whos ideas to help the club progress i agree with and they are probably one of the main reasons why i am still coming to stanley

If you want to be an ultra just come and stand with us, say hello and show your enthusisam for the club.
If you dont want to be an ultras fair enough, if u want to do your own thing go for it... but please dont slag off our efforts

I believe the "split" in the surport is because of what many people have said on here before its just that some people are doing one thing to help the club and the others are doing their thing...nobody should be taking the high road because both groups are doing what they beilive will help the club, and in their own way they are!

oh well rant over

Ps..ultras games night on sunday at 5pm all welcome!!!
Old 18-06-2006, 09:23   #35

Sorry only just read the thread.

We can make stickers & whack em on Vic's milk bottles............

In the interest of Health and Hygeine the idea is not possible. However a leaflet drop to all my customers wouldn't be a problem, if someone can provide them.
Old 18-06-2006, 09:25   #36
I am Banned

see your still missing the point ..........but lets start a new positive thread
Old 18-06-2006, 09:31   #37

can we have red and white milk bottle tops made especially for that fortnight?

is it do-able?

stickers is deffo do-able

already have red/siver tops which denote semi skimmed.

stickers like I say not do able.

Please note my customers already play a huge part for Stanley by being members of the Gold Bond Draw, I currently have 286 who pay into the draw every week, Stanley is always a talking point with many customers when I am collecting payments for the draw/milk.

I personaly have done a great deal for Stanley over the last few years with ad boards/match/ball sponsorship etc.

Watch out for a new sponsorship deal coming shortly!! sorry all hush hush at the moment!!!! <!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Old 18-06-2006, 09:38   #38
I am Banned

top bloke putting his money where is mouth is !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 18-06-2006, 09:56   #39
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltergalbraith
top bloke putting his money where is mouth is !!!!!!!!!!!!
Unlike you you're just full of s*ite !!!

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2006, 10:15   #40
I am Banned

well i used to be. but today ive changed have you added anything to positive sunday ????????????????????//
Old 18-06-2006, 10:34   #41
God Member

This is the postive sunday thread you started by mentioning infighting is it? how ironic
Old 18-06-2006, 10:42   #42
I am Banned

ok i might have worded it wrong you always get the wrong end of the stick but if have u got any good ideas post it
Old 18-06-2006, 10:45   #43
God Member

who me? nagh.. the only good idea i have you wouldn't go for... involves a hot poker and a lot of screaming from you
Old 18-06-2006, 10:55   #44
I am Banned

oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 18-06-2006, 15:42   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins
look mate i will freely admit i havent been at every stanley game all my life....so chuffing what...if uve got a problem deal with it, it doesnt bother me,

I came to stanley when i was young and enjoyed it but then didnt come back for around 5 or 6 years, then i started to get intrested again when i was around 13/14 when i could freely get to stanley my own and didnt need to drag a parent along with me who arent football fans thats now around 4/5 years that i have been at stanley, I have always stood in or around the ultras...i didnt need to initiation test, no exam, nothing, just met a group of people who i have become very good friends with and whos ideas to help the club progress i agree with and they are probably one of the main reasons why i am still coming to stanley

If you want to be an ultra just come and stand with us, say hello and show your enthusisam for the club.
If you dont want to be an ultras fair enough, if u want to do your own thing go for it... but please dont slag off our efforts

I believe the "split" in the surport is because of what many people have said on here before its just that some people are doing one thing to help the club and the others are doing their thing...nobody should be taking the high road because both groups are doing what they beilive will help the club, and in their own way they are!

oh well rant over

Ps..ultras games night on sunday at 5pm all welcome!!!
Aye, well said JT, Im in the same boat. I owe a lot to this club. When I was young I detested football with a passion. Wouldn't play it, wouldn't watch it, nothing. Then, seeing as it was only £1 to get in, my father dragged me up to see us play Barrow at home. I was instantly hooked. So what that the ground was tiny, and that we were in the 6th tier of English football? It didnt matter to me. The atmosphere etc, evertything about the place captivated me. I instantly invested in a season ticket and the rest is history.
In short, the one thing I believe that makes Accrington Stanley FC stand out from a lot of clubs is the friendliness of the place. You are instantly made welcome, a fact that has not changed whatever level we have played at over the years. And the creation of the Ultras has enhanced this. You make it sound that they are elitist and are seperating themselves from the rest of support, when in fact they want to get more people involved. Your trouble making has no evidence to back it up, and you simply sound to me like a bitter, twisted individual. A far cry indeed from the friendly folk in and around the club.

Rant over.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..