Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2006, 16:15   #46
Junior Member+

Re: ItS ALL OVER!!

I have posted this post elsewhere on the forum so apologies if you have already read it. Some facts for some of you who weren't at the game:-

1. You are 16 points clear of your nearest rivals. Our Manager conceded that if we didn't beat you yesterday that the title was all but won. Yes it is a nerve wracking run in but the way that some of you are 'talking' you would think that you are facing relegation not promotion. The championship is yours for the taking - for goodness sake enjoy your best season in years!!

2. There are often two sides to any controversial decision - that's often what makes football such a talking point. The sending off of Ventri (I hope I have spelt this correctly) was certainly pivotal in the game. Check out the photo on our fans forum and judge for yourself.

3. The six minutes added on were for injuries to your players and some of the actions of your bench who twice held up play by calling for a substitution and not making it.

4. Your keeper was outstanding - one penalty save and two one handed saves, one when he was diving the wrong way immediately spring to mind. And this was despite him taking a knock earlier in the game.

5. You looked very lively up front - some very neat interplay but created very little (see point 5.). It makes a change for us Hereford fans to see Brown stay on his feet when a ball came his way rather than going to going to ground almost every time which he did when he was with us.

6. We could and should have won this game although having gone two nil down we looked dead and buried. Some match facts for you from the Non-League paper:-
Shots on target - Hereford 11 Accy 2
Shots off target - Hereford 4 Accy 4
Corners - Hereford 11 Accy 7
Fouls conceded - Hereford 11 Accy 20

We had a goal disallowed, at least one cleared off the line, two great saves by your keeper and a second penalty appeal turned down.
Need I say more!

7. All credit to your fans who made the long trip and got behind your team. I suspect that there may be a shortage of loo rolls in your area over the next few days, though!!

8. Coleman upset a lot of people with his antics such as time wasting during the game and taunting the Hereford fans at the end of the game. It is a shame that someone who has achieved so much this season should resort to this.

9. We beat Halifax a couple of weeks ago and on current form, we have nothing to fear from any team in the Conference (including yourselves).

Finally, it will be great to see such a 'famous old name' as 5 Live put it go back into the football league. I just hope that you have a better pre-season next season than you did this one!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
accy visitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-03-2006, 16:27   #47
Senior Member+

Cavanagh - Inj
Tretton - Inj
Procter - Inj
Richardson - Suspended
Boyd - On the bench because not match fit
Jagielka - On the bench because not match fit

Danny Ventre (4 starts)
Rob Elliot (14 starts)
Andy Mangan (3 starts)

Comprenda???!!!???
Old 12-03-2006, 16:53   #48

Indeed, but I did not need to be told that what I had said was not true when it was!

Don't think I have said anywhere that the draw was not the right result or that it was not a good game to watch. My point was simply that I don't think you are as good as your excellant league position suggests compared with previous years winners.
ExLandlord HUFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 18:23   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by accy visitor
I have posted this post elsewhere on the forum so apologies if you have already read it. Some facts for some of you who weren't at the game:-

1. You are 16 points clear of your nearest rivals. Our Manager conceded that if we didn't beat you yesterday that the title was all but won. Yes it is a nerve wracking run in but the way that some of you are 'talking' you would think that you are facing relegation not promotion. The championship is yours for the taking - for goodness sake enjoy your best season in years!!

2. There are often two sides to any controversial decision - that's often what makes football such a talking point. The sending off of Ventri (I hope I have spelt this correctly) was certainly pivotal in the game. Check out the photo on our fans forum and judge for yourself.

3. The six minutes added on were for injuries to your players and some of the actions of your bench who twice held up play by calling for a substitution and not making it.

4. Your keeper was outstanding - one penalty save and two one handed saves, one when he was diving the wrong way immediately spring to mind. And this was despite him taking a knock earlier in the game.

5. You looked very lively up front - some very neat interplay but created very little (see point 5.). It makes a change for us Hereford fans to see Brown stay on his feet when a ball came his way rather than going to going to ground almost every time which he did when he was with us.

6. We could and should have won this game although having gone two nil down we looked dead and buried. Some match facts for you from the Non-League paper:-
Shots on target - Hereford 11 Accy 2
Shots off target - Hereford 4 Accy 4
Corners - Hereford 11 Accy 7
Fouls conceded - Hereford 11 Accy 20

We had a goal disallowed, at least one cleared off the line, two great saves by your keeper and a second penalty appeal turned down.
Need I say more!

7. All credit to your fans who made the long trip and got behind your team. I suspect that there may be a shortage of loo rolls in your area over the next few days, though!!

8. Coleman upset a lot of people with his antics such as time wasting during the game and taunting the Hereford fans at the end of the game. It is a shame that someone who has achieved so much this season should resort to this.

9. We beat Halifax a couple of weeks ago and on current form, we have nothing to fear from any team in the Conference (including yourselves).

Finally, it will be great to see such a 'famous old name' as 5 Live put it go back into the football league. I just hope that you have a better pre-season next season than you did this one!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
Ha ha, what a muppet!! A better 'pre season'!! What the hell does pre season matter??

All that matters chump is the league and if you want to gtake a look at it it says that we have blown you and the rest of the no mark teams in it clean away!!

We are going up, you are going into the lottery that is the playoffs.

Due to your bitterness I sincerely hope you get dealt some serious punishment in them too. We are Champions, you are nothing. Go make your excuses to someone whos interested.

The league doesn't lie and it says that we are miles better than the rest. Go and kiss some cows and ring some bells.
Staveros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 18:30   #50
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staveros
Ha ha, what a muppet!! A better 'pre season'!! What the hell does pre season matter??

All that matters chump is the league and if you want to take a look at it it says that we have blown you and the rest of the no mark teams in it clean away!!

We are going up, you are going into the lottery that is the playoffs.

Due to your bitterness I sincerely hope you get dealt some serious punishment in them too. We are Champions, you are nothing. Go make your excuses to someone whos interested.

The league doesn't lie and it says that we are miles better than the rest. Go and kiss some cows and ring some bells.
What an educated bloke you are. If you read the post it actually congratulates your team on winning the league (all bar the shouting) but of course you failed to recognise that. As for bitterness - no. The most consistent team are at the top of the league - results don't lie. Shame you can't be more conciliatory when an 'opposing' fan actually comes on here to congratulate you and actually praise some of your play yesterday, particularly your keeper. I'm not going to enter into an argument with you - you obviously can't see beyond your own narrow minded point of view.

Good luck to the rest of you for next season.
Old 12-03-2006, 18:35   #51

Before the game i had respect for what your manager achieved, and was looking forward to the game, as i did when Champions Barnet and Chester came to our place at the end of the season.
But your manager acted like a 12 year old on saturday, is he always like this or was it because it was his FA cup final?
He really embarassed your club,
Even before the game kicked off, our players were going through their warm up routine and your Keeper, coach and sub keeper started practicing goal kicks, kicking into our players!!!!
I've never seen anything like it, our manager went across and started going off on one, did it stop your lot? Nope, total disrespect!
It went on the whole game as mentioned earlier.
If that's what you have to do to win championships then i don't want to win it!

I'm just interested to know if this was a one off, or he's been like this all season.
F.O.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 18:47   #52
God Member

F.O.D. wipe your eyes mate
Old 12-03-2006, 18:49   #53

FA Cup Final? It was a must-win for you, not us

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 18:52   #54
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
F.O.D. wipe your eyes mate
If you are the 'official' club photographer as your signature seems to suggest, is it any wonder that people will cast aspersions on the conduct of your club's officials. You're hardly an example of how to behave are you - and I'm not just talking about your comments on this thread.
Old 12-03-2006, 18:56   #55
God Member

oooer arn't you .. well at least I turned up after hereford fans threatened me if i came anywhere near with my camera... perhaps they saw how big I was and changed there mind eh?

Hereford fans are now officially the biggest cry babies in the conference.. have a look around son.. all you and your mates have done is cry and moan since the final whistle... there isnt a single thing you havent tried to attack or cry about... are there no men in your town?
Old 12-03-2006, 18:58   #56
Senior Member+

Compliment or not Mr Visitor, why are you here? We played yesterday, it twas a draw, now goodbye!

This is a Local Forum for Local People

F.O.D. seriously, couldn't give two hoots about what you think, respect us or not, the people of ASFC only care about ASFC. I lose little sleep worrying about what the rest of the teams in this League think about Stanley, its fans, players or staff. I forgotten Hereford already!

In terms of yesterday, 4,000 HUFC fans & silent until the ref threw a lifeline, changed the direction of the game but, a draw a fair result. We were in your ground singing from 2:30 & finished singing in Preston City Centre at 4:15 Sunday morning! It was the unofficial "5 more wins" pre promotion Ultras drinks because Hereford failed to beat the Accy at home & with us down to 10 men!

Had a good day in Hereford, would have taken a draw before we set off. Back 4 & goalkeeper were exceptional! Coleman IS God (Bad tempered, aggressive, sometimes rude God but Hell can he get a football team promoted!)

Now, people of Accrington, get yourselves to the next 2 away games on our lovely air conditioned coaches as there will be only 1 Conference Championship winning season

Say you saw the rebirth of Stanley (1968) FC!!! On Stanley On!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 19:03   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.O.D.
Before the game i had respect for what your manager achieved, and was looking forward to the game, as i did when Champions Barnet and Chester came to our place at the end of the season.
But your manager acted like a 12 year old on saturday, is he always like this or was it because it was his FA cup final?
He really embarassed your club,
Even before the game kicked off, our players were going through their warm up routine and your Keeper, coach and sub keeper started practicing goal kicks, kicking into our players!!!!
I've never seen anything like it, our manager went across and started going off on one, did it stop your lot? Nope, total disrespect!
It went on the whole game as mentioned earlier.
If that's what you have to do to win championships then i don't want to win it!

I'm just interested to know if this was a one off, or he's been like this all season.
Before the game, I read some messages on our forum from you

Now you think we're mates? Clear off, jesus, talk on your own board, troll boy!

WE ONLY CARE ABOUT ASFC, get it?

Jase (Stanley Ultras "Official" Flag Man)

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 19:53   #58

Wink Re: ItS ALL OVER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accy visitor
What an educated bloke you are. If you read the post it actually congratulates your team on winning the league (all bar the shouting) but of course you failed to recognise that. As for bitterness - no. The most consistent team are at the top of the league - results don't lie. Shame you can't be more conciliatory when an 'opposing' fan actually comes on here to congratulate you and actually praise some of your play yesterday, particularly your keeper. I'm not going to enter into an argument with you - you obviously can't see beyond your own narrow minded point of view.

Good luck to the rest of you for next season.
No dummy, its you who is a little slow. You think disguising your condescending nonsense with the odd shallow compliment will throw me off the scent? Think again. I know your game chump and it aint 'lets be friends'.

You're a bunch of losers and we've accounted for you no trouble!!! It was YOUR cup final hence all the rattles coming out of prams at the result. We've done for you, ended it once and for all, get used to it bitch!

I'll not pretend to wish you well Hereford. I hope you get smashed up real bad in the playoffs and then end up fighting relegation next season. Plus maybe find some really bad financial trouble along the way. And I hope your cow gets BSE.

All the best though, eh
Staveros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 20:11   #59
God Member

Hereford, Halifax, Morecambe, Stevenage, Exeter all hate the Stanley, crappest team, crappest fans, crappest ground etc.

Canvey, Grays, Crawley, Southport Gravesend even Burton all complimentary about the Stanley, good team, good fans good day out.

Big Club - little club syndrome eh?

Goddamn tinpot league with their tinpot proper clubs. Goodbye and good riddance.

Best Club, best fans, best website,, best photographer, best forum, best be going now.....
Old 12-03-2006, 20:13   #60

LOL
Yeh all the best Staveros,
Good luck next year, hope we can join yah!:engsmil: :engsmil: :engsmil:
F.O.D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..