Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2006, 10:16   #46

Re: Stanley v Burnley - Commentary on 2BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozz
What dream!!? 2nd division club? What the hell does that mean these days? Stanley to play Burnley and Rovers in the league in next 40 years? Ha! OK!
And as for the Rovers following, wait and see, just wait and see.

Like the murphys, you're not bitter!
THE BLUE 'N' WHITES, try reading some of the posts first, the above being one of many.

So, according to Ozz, either Stanley have no chance of progressing further, which in my book, is looking down his nose at us. Or he thinks that Blackburn are so big, they'll never go down (Nottingham Forest, Leeds United, West Ham anybody?), which in my book, is arrogance. I try not to tar you all with the same brush, but it is quite bloody difficult with pillocks like that.

Why exactly does he think we won't play Burnley or Blackburn? Maybe he'd like to explain...?

Blackburn, fair enough, have a much larger town and bigger catchment area than us, but Burnley certainly don't, and they're in the Championship! So why can't we go as far as Burnley?

At the end of the day, I am of the personal opinion we'll play both Clubs in League matches one day. I'm also of the personal opinion that Blackburn fans are snooty and arrogant, and Burnley fans are thick idiots who can't handle their drink.

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Accrington Web
Old 09-07-2006, 10:20   #47

Rob has fequently said he believs Accrington could sustain a decent Championship team, and he's right. Look at the likes of Rotherham and Crewe. They lived the dream, and as a club we've got far more potential then they ever did. And just for the Rovers/Burnley fans we have no debt and we own our own stadium.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:25   #48

Do we actually own the Stadium Alvin? I'm not 100% on the business side of the Club, sure somebody will enlighten me though

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Old 09-07-2006, 10:28   #49

I think so. Not like Burnley who have to sell theirs and then lease it back.

PS: Anyone else notice the IES sign was still up?
Old 09-07-2006, 10:30   #50
ozz
Junior Member+

I really hope Stanley do well, an was genuinely chuffed to see them get back in the league. I get the feeling that you feel the same way about Rovers, that Rovers feel about Chelsea, Liverpool, United etc. Their arrogance and snootiness gets on Rovers fans nerves just as we do to you.
We all have our chips on our shoulders to bear.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:33   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
In no way arrogant? What planet are you from? He reckons Blackburn will bring more than the whole of the Stanley v Burnley attendance. As for the dream,
i dont reckon we will bring more than 1,700

i know, weve already sold around 1,000 tickets at LEAST

and yes i am living the dream, and i know its unlikely to last, as stanley zoom past us in the leagues
Old 09-07-2006, 10:34   #52

Quote:
Blackburn, fair enough, have a much larger town and bigger catchment area than us, but Burnley certainly don't, and they're in the Championship! So why can't we go as far as Burnley?

i`ll think you`ll find burnley have the biggest catchment, nelson, pendle, colne, burnley, the rest of the towns around that area, no big teams to the right hand side of them till, bradford/leeds
Old 09-07-2006, 10:41   #53
Dan
Senior Member+

As much as I hate to drag this back to the topic of the thread, did anyone listen to the coverage?

I'm after some feedback (good or bad; it doesn't matter. Will help me learn for next time I get the opportunity)

If you listened, your comments would be welcome.

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Old 09-07-2006, 11:17   #54
Senior Member+

Quote:
Christ, couldn't wait to put the boot in, eh? I wonder if you'll be so quick to post stuff like that if a) Rovers don't bring as many as Burnley or b) Blackburn fans cause trouble as well
the first post of the so called arrogance shown on this thread and oooooopsy daisy look who posted it...

deisel you really are one opinionated jumped up red spectacle wearing PRAT

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
Old 09-07-2006, 11:39   #55
I am Banned

todays match emphiases we still need another top striker
Old 09-07-2006, 11:56   #56
God Member

Today's match??
Old 09-07-2006, 12:00   #57

think hes still in a time warp ?
Old 09-07-2006, 12:27   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk
I think so. Not like Burnley who have to sell theirs and then lease it back.

PS: Anyone else notice the IES sign was still up?

i noticed the Sophia Kahn terrace/stand had moved and had a roof
Old 09-07-2006, 13:47   #59

Thumbs up Re: Stanley v Burnley - Commentary on 2BR

[To quote=Alvin the chipmunk]

Eric has helped the club to become self-sustainable. He is by no means dipping into his own pocket all the time, as some of you suggest. He puts as much enthusiasm and passion into the club as he does money. And it's a sorry state of affairs if any club has to be dependant on a rich backer to keep going.[/quote]

Good post this, Erics astute dealings in the transfer market (along with the Gaffer) as well as managing the ongoing club improvements is first class.

The clubs history tells us all steady progress and a healthy cash flow is much better than boom and bust.

Give us a green to Bayer !!
Old 09-07-2006, 13:58   #60
I am Banned

i meant yesterdays great to be back .............in................................... .................................................. ................the groove............................................ .................................................. ........................................
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..