Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2006, 09:20   #16
Full Member+

Re: Ince Or Roof

The people who would pay money solely to watch a player like Paul Ince are the same type of people who would be most appalled at the conditions for spectators. Their infrequent attendance would scarcely pay any of his wages.

The club needs a solid core of supporters and from what I read on this forum, that is dwindling rather than rising this season!
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-10-2006, 12:37   #17
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalley Red
The club needs a solid core of supporters and from what I read on this forum, that is dwindling rather than rising this season!
There were over 2000 Stanly supporters on Saturday, that is not attendances dwindling
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 12:49   #18
Full Member+

but there have been more and more complaints from the "solid core" on this forum over the last few months.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:57   #19
Senior Member+

What happens if we sign Paul Ince on a 2year deal, these fans that hes gonna fetch in will more than lighly come for 3 games and then go, you could say that its money that we wouldnt have had, but when they wont come back he will be taking the money that we could be using to buy a roof.

The roof will be there in many years to come, will Paul Ince??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF
Perhaps signing somebody like Paul Ince would be a way to get more money through the gate.
Old 09-10-2006, 13:25   #20
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy
What happens if we sign Paul Ince on a 2year deal, these fans that hes gonna fetch in will more than lighly come for 3 games and then go, you could say that its money that we wouldnt have had, but when they wont come back he will be taking the money that we could be using to buy a roof.

The roof will be there in many years to come, will Paul Ince??
When will people realise - WE CANNOT AFFORD A ROOF
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 13:57   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Ave attendance 2004/5 - 1537
Ave attendance 2005/6 - 1895
This season, to date - 2428

Wouldn't believe what you read on here, never seen dwindling though.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 16:23   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF
When will people realise - WE CANNOT AFFORD A ROOF
Maybe people realise it's being said, but it's not very believable is it?

On the matter of Ince - he would be useless!
Over a grand a week wages for a player with a huge ego & no legs?
Not for me ta.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 16:30   #23
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy

Wouldn't believe what you read on here, never seen dwindling though.
Do you want to go back a season?

Ave attendance 2003/4 - 1797

Attendances fell 15% in our second season in the Conference [novelty factor, increased media attention, away fans visiting ground for 1st time, etc.] and similar downturns are experienced by other teams in their second season in a league, so don't be so selective with the stats.

Plus, there have been games with very large away followings that are far bigger than anything we have seen in the last few years in the Conference [e.g. Rochdale, Wrexham, Swindon], so even your figure of 2428 overstates the rise in Stanley supporters through the gate.

We can't do much more on the playing side of the club, but never have there been so many complaints about the business/commercial side of it and it's not even the three-year-old complaints about the once-promised Clayton End roof.

In business, you need to raise revenues before increasing your expenditures. A lot of effort has gone into doing this via commercial sponsorship (different parts of the players' kit, injury time, etc.), but so much more could be done to raise income through through the gate and you only need to read the threads about the club shop, the Clayton End "bar", the roof, etc. to see that.

Look to raise revenues via investment and then you can talk about buying players, not when your revenue base is undeveloped.
Old 09-10-2006, 16:39   #24

Roof all the way.
Not only do we need a roof on the Clayton end as Sooooooooo frequently complained but how many away fans are going to come back next time after getting drenched and riding all the way home to Torquay on a bus that smells like a wet dog by the time it hits the M65.
Remember a past (it) legend who came to stand around in the middle of Turf Moor a couple of seasons ago. Wonder if they consider that a good investment now ?
Roof
Roof
Roof
Roof
Roof
Roof

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 16:46   #25

A roof please, oh and a bar
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 19:50   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
but there have been more and more complaints from the "solid core" on this forum over the last few months.
That always happens mate, take it from me, the vast majority of paying folk are more than happy. I've had a ball this season & the last. I appreciate everything that is done for ASFC & wish more people would just air their greivances with Eric, John, Frank, Big Ste, Rob, Boggles in the bar after the game rather than whinge like girls on a tinternet forum.

I mean Barrow fans may browse & spread rumours that all isn't\well in Accy LAnd

Long Live Accrington Stanley & all who steer the rudder

PS Accy Stanley Ultras 3 Liverpool Fans 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 21:05   #27
Junior Member+

The roof is a big issue with most fans, and I know what they mean about getting soaked, as I was at the Darlington match when it was freezing and lashed it down.However I can understand the club not wanting to fork a load of money out for a roof if we were to get relegated for instance, as it may leave us in financial trouble.But in saying that could the club not afford to set up scaffolding covering the clayton end and put a big tarpaulin over, i'm sure this would cost a lot less than erecting a proper roof.It may look a bit tacky, but at least it would keep us all dry.Then hopefully we can consolidate our position in the league over a few seasons and generate enough money to build a proper roof.These are my own thoughts, what does everyone think.
Alan D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 21:19   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Do you want to go back a season?

Ave attendance 2003/4 - 1797

Attendances fell 15% in our second season in the Conference [novelty factor, increased media attention, away fans visiting ground for 1st time, etc.] and similar downturns are experienced by other teams in their second season in a league, so don't be so selective with the stats.

Plus, there have been games with very large away followings that are far bigger than anything we have seen in the last few years in the Conference [e.g. Rochdale, Wrexham, Swindon], so even your figure of 2428 overstates the rise in Stanley supporters through the gate.
So we dwindled 3 years ago, bit late aren't we?

Don't be so selective, go back a few more years.

The present average is just that, not an overstatement - just a statement of fact.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 22:20   #29
God Member

tarpaulin idea, cheap, tacky. I like it
Old 09-10-2006, 22:43   #30
God Member

i could just see it those to the left in the clayton end push the roof up towards the right hand side theres water gathering
on top he he
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..