Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-10-2006, 13:33   #16

Re: Thankyou very much Hereford...

"whats changed in the land of sheep sha gging and inter family marriage, same old inter breed were better then you"

....and you're concerned about the quality of the banter?

Give me strength.

For the record, the covered terrace to which you refer is not "condemmed" it simply is subject to regular safety checks which cost money. It is simply not worth getting a certificate issued every time the ground is open particularly when our seated accommadation is a pound or two cheaper than most League two clubs charge to stand...and there are no pillars in the seated area. There are support pillars in the standing area. However, this area holds around 450 and rarely accommadates more than 200 or so visiting fans. Now then, if you want to stand behind a piller, that's up to you but most intelligent people wouldn't.

Have you considered the possiblity that a bit less radio coverage might actually encourage fans to go to the games? The media facilities at Edgar Street comply with the league rules. It is also worth mentioning that The League sold the rites to live broadcast to PremTV and maybe we are trying to support the League contract rather than undermine it?
ExLandlord HUFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-10-2006, 17:48   #17

There's full match commentary on radio lancs tomorrow i've just heard...
sarah_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2006, 18:45   #18
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah_d
There's full match commentary on radio lancs tomorrow i've just heard...
Thank you Sarah_d. Makes for a better afternoon all round for those of us who can't get down there.

Especially for those who can’t get off there a*** and support Stanley like proper supporters because of things like Work, ill health, old age or caring for others.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2006, 19:02   #19

So whats dan on about then. he led us to believe it was the poor facilities at the ground. I think we have been used to have a go at hereford.
Old 27-10-2006, 19:24   #20
Dan
Senior Member+

BBC Hereford and Worcester own an ISDN point at the ground, which they are lending to Radio Lancs for the match. Every ground, down to about Conference North/south has a local BBC point. According to Hereford, that is the only facility in the press box.

So because 2br aren't BBC, we can't use a BBC point and there are no other options.

So sorry to those who might've listened because we can't do commentary, sorry to anyone offended by my initial flippant post and sorry for opening my gob in the first place.

If it is going to cause so many problems, I'll stop using this messageboard to inform people about the coverage.
Like I said, sorry.

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2006, 19:33   #21
Senior Member+

Gutted no 2BR coverage tomorrow, I'll listen out for the updates though rather than than being put to sleep by Radio Shanks!!!

The Dan and Karen show, crowd specials will be enough for me!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2006, 20:11   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymo66
get off your lasy arse and go to the match.
after all aint that what TRUE SUPPORTERS DO.
Well, that does it. My secret is out. I can't be a true supporter because I don't attend all of Stanley's matches. Whatever will I do now?
MichiganRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2006, 22:50   #23
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
BBC Hereford and Worcester own an ISDN point at the ground, which they are lending to Radio Lancs for the match. Every ground, down to about Conference North/south has a local BBC point. According to Hereford, that is the only facility in the press box.

So because 2br aren't BBC, we can't use a BBC point and there are no other options.

So sorry to those who might've listened because we can't do commentary, sorry to anyone offended by my initial flippant post and sorry for opening my gob in the first place.

If it is going to cause so many problems, I'll stop using this messageboard to inform people about the coverage.
Like I said, sorry.
If I had to express an opinion or a choice I would want to listen to b2r’s commentary. Dingle lover’s aside, my reasoning is that the best Local Radio coverage available to any passionate <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[IMG] /><st1:City w:st=[/IMG]Stanley </ST1</st1:City>fan is provided by Dan and is recent side kick Karen. Nothing against Cotty or that nice chap Mr Dibble.

Keep posting Dan, despite the alternative commentary I’ll still be listing for the updates.

:engsmil:

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2006, 08:15   #24
God Member

Don't you dare stop posting here Dan the Man.With no commentry to listen too,I will attempt to sleep in to a normal hour instead of getting up at 2:55 AM....but me thinks my biological clock will wake me and I won't be able to resist the exitement of 'Football 365 ' text updates.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2006, 09:46   #25

only one radio socket at edgar street?????
very TINPOT
glosterred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2006, 11:34   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by zayno14
I emailed them yesterday morning about the mascot and they still haven't got back to me!
sorry pal NO way is a milkfloat allowed onto the hallowed turf at the street.:engsmil::engsmil::engsmil::engsmil::engsmi l::engsmil::engsmil::engsmil::engsmil::engsmil::en gsmil::engsmil::engsmil::engsmil::engsmil::engsmil ::engsmil::engsmil::engsmil::engsmil::engsmil::eng smil::engsmil::engsmil::engsmil::engsmil::engsmil: :engsmil:
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2006, 11:35   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymo66
why dont you numptys stop moaning about not being able to listen to the game on the radio and get off your lasy arse and go to the match.
after all aint that what TRUE SUPPORTERS DO.
P.S PLUM IL SEE YOU SATURDAY FOR A BEER IF YOUR IN THE CLUB :engsmil:
well said:engsmil::engsmil::engsmil::engsmil::engsmil:: engsmil::engsmil::engsmil::engsmil::engsmil::engsm il::engsmil::engsmil:
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2006, 11:18   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullmac
Instead of moaning about HUFC facilities,which incidentally,are light years ahead of your slum.
'Lightyears ahead' What planet are you on? It might not be the theatre of dreams but it's not falling to pieces! And at least when you lot come to FES the lasy arse (not my words) supporters who dont come will be able to listen to full match commentry on the radio because beleive it or not we have more than one radio socket!

Not everyone can go to every game, it doesn't make you any less of a supporter!
nadsw2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2006, 11:51   #29

I've missed a few games this season due to work commitments, I'm such a part-timer armchair fan!!

Oh well, turning up to Colchester on a Tuesday night, getting back at 4 in the morning knowing I had to turn in for work at 7, must not be as committed as turning up to Hereford.

Although, I did actually go to Hereford, just through luck of finding a lift a couple of days before the game.

I absolutely refuse to use trains, ever!

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2006, 16:06   #30

For the record, the covered terrace to which you refer is not "condemmed" it simply is subject to regular safety checks which cost money. It is simply not worth getting a certificate issued every time the ground is open particularly when our seated accommadation is a pound or two cheaper than most League two clubs charge to stand...and there are no pillars in the seated area. There are support pillars in the standing area. However, this area holds around 450 and rarely accommadates more than 200 or so visiting fans. Now then, if you want to stand behind a piller, that's up to you but most intelligent people wouldn't.

That would explain the mass of barb wire to the side of your main HOME stand then that if you stood next to was below head height and very dangerous right next door to a confectionary bar, also highly enjoyed seeing a rat (and trust it was a rat, not a hamster, Dan will verify me running out very, very quick) in the Ladies loos on the home end, how on earth you have got a safety certificate is beyond my comprehension. Says a lot about your fanbase that you don't need that third end doesn't it!!!!!! Can I say at Stanley there is 100% nothing blocking your view apart from if you're unfortunate enough to have Jase standing in front of you in his red afro wig!!!!

Have you considered the possiblity that a bit less radio coverage might actually encourage fans to go to the games? The media facilities at Edgar Street comply with the league rules.

The media facilities at Edgar Street DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT comply with league rules at ALL!!!! 'They have been in the League before' so why should they update their gear!! Hold on a sec, does that mean Stanley don't have to update their gear neither seeing they have been in the League previously too, one rule for one, another for another!!!! As for less radio coverage you wouldn't know the bonuses of having radio coverage as NO ONE covers you! Maybe you wouldn't be as cocky if you knew the positive effects there are in having radio stations covering you!

It is also worth mentioning that The League sold the rites to live broadcast to PremTV and maybe we are trying to support the League contract rather than undermine it?

PremTV are a separate deal that commercial broadcasters do not have anything to do with that's like saying BBC or Sky can't broadcast if PremTV broadcast, that's rubbish!!! You are undermining League rules by not following them in the first place!!!!!

Sorry for the rant guys!!!!!

Last edited by KarenFaz; 29-10-2006 at 16:08.
KarenFaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..