Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2006, 11:39   #1
God Member

any fit players for tomorrow?

cav, tretts, rocky and welchy all missing from the back four. shame Julien went this week he may have played if he weren't injured as well

back four for tomorrow? Ventre, Baynes, Edwards and Leam maybe

Proctor and Boco deffo out of midfield, maybe Harris as well would mean Craney having to come back to midfield prob alongside Byrom. Todd and Sean make up that quartet. Mully and Brown? Elliot to win back his place tommorrow? That would make four of the team being usual first teamers, five if you include Sean (wasn't regular until Gary went three games ago). Can you get fined for playing an under strength team?

Have we enough people for the bench? Are Coley and Jimmy gonna put their trackies on tomorrow? Oh well Horwich beat us with a patched up side and only three subs including their 42 year old manager playing with a bandage round his head like a turban!
Old 10-11-2006, 11:54   #2
Senior Member+

Re: any fit players for tomorrow?

Can we not call Foyle Back?
Old 10-11-2006, 11:54   #3
Full Member+

McGivern is available to play
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 12:33   #4
God Member

so the bench would read Mangan, Elliot or Bavs, Foyle (if we can get him back) and McGivern?

Stan,, get Grimmy on!!
Old 10-11-2006, 12:38   #5

I bet Welchy plays; I think Baines would acquit himself well, though; looked sound in the reserves games I've seen.

Bit ironic that Foyle goes on loan because of lack of games, then misses a possible place in the line up! He should be back for next week.

I do think with those two we have got decent cover for the centre half spots - Phils fine, particularly against nippy strikers, but is less effective if he comes up against anyone too tall!
Arkwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 14:08   #6

So the squad players will get a chance then will they? Good cos they can't be any worse than Cav and Williams....there we go I have said it and I feel a lot better now. And another thing too, no matter if they play a blinder you can bet your arse that they will be dropped for the next game if the two aforementioned will be available again!...WHY!!!!!

What Elliot has to do to get a regular game is well beyond me. And whilst Iam at it, why spend an entire summer chasing a player (N'da) and then simply refuse to give the fella a chance.

Rant over!!
(fume)
PaulMullinsForehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 14:18   #7

im with paulmullinsforehead, some of colemans waya are bizarre, and yes i know he has been a success, but even a broken watch is right twice a day.
kimberly-clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 14:58   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMullinsForehead
So the squad players will get a chance then will they? Good cos they can't be any worse than Cav and Williams....there we go I have said it and I feel a lot better now. And another thing too, no matter if they play a blinder you can bet your arse that they will be dropped for the next game if the two aforementioned will be available again!...WHY!!!!!

What Elliot has to do to get a regular game is well beyond me. And whilst Iam at it, why spend an entire summer chasing a player (N'da) and then simply refuse to give the fella a chance.

Rant over!!
(fume)
I knew it wouldnt be long to the "anti rocky" fans were back!!!
Old 10-11-2006, 15:07   #9

its got to be:

elliot (gk)
richardson (LB)
baynes(CB)
edwards(CB)
ventre(RB)

toddy (RM)
craney (CM)
byrom (CM)
Doherty (LM)

Mully(CF)
Mangan (CF)

Depending on mangys performance McGivern should come on at half time
stan-er-ley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 16:00   #10

Unhappy Re: any fit players for tomorrow?

Just heard Mullin could be out as he has been in all week
stan-er-ley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 16:13   #11
God Member

Yep it's in the L.E.T tonight.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 17:35   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy
I knew it wouldnt be long to the "anti rocky" fans were back!!!
I used to be one of the anti Rocky fans - but to be fair, I have to say recently, he has acquitted himself very well. Even Cav, who I thought was a yard to slow earlier in the season has come on leaps and bounds, but, and it is a big BUT, it is time to give some of the squad players a chance. I personally would give Ricki Baines a chance in midfield and Danny Ventre (welcome back BTW) a defensive berth. As for the goalies, I am not convinced. Robbie Elliott did wonders for us last season, but I haven't seen too much this except for the Blackpool game when he let in 4 goals. Defensively both teams were rubbish that night, but to be fair he saved the penalties, but so did Bav's at Mansfield to keep us in the game but is prone to errors (Hereford the most recent). Maybe it is time for the Charlton stopper to be given a run. Whatever happens this weekend, ie win, lose or draw Lets keep the faith with JC, He knows what he is doing and he is paid for his decisions.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 17:55   #13
Senior Member+

JOHNNY COLEMAN FOOTBALL GENIUS

Have you friggin forgot 3 promotions

See you ALL at Mansfield?

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 21:45   #14
God Member

every season he proves the doubters wrong heres for another might lose tomorrow but as long as we stay up thats what i would have been happy with at the beginning of the season and then build on it eveything else is a bonus just thinking he,ll probably prove me wrong tomorrow.....
cmon stanley we are staying up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 09:17   #15

It's all very well saying "I would" or "I would play" or "the system should be" etc. But at the end of the day, all the supporters see is the odd 90 minutes at the end of the week. Coley sees the players day in, day out at training. He knows who's doing what, how fit the players are etc and spends the week preparing to play a side he believes can win. To say he only plays Cav and Rocky for sentimental reasons is utter tripe. Coley always plays to win and if he thought for a second any player was hindering the side, I have no doubt he would drop them.

3 promotions
The 01/02 treble. etc

The man is God.

KEEP THE FAITH!!!!:engsmil:

« idea | swindon town »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..