Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-12-2006, 12:54   #1

January Transfer Target

Luke Rodgers

http://www.football365.com/story/0,1...801129,00.html

seem to recall our old mates on confguide being less than complimentary about him - must be lazy and wants loads of cash.
Bradshaw Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-12-2006, 13:10   #2
God Member

Re: January Transfer Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradshaw Boy View Post
Luke Rodgers

http://www.football365.com/story/0,1...801129,00.html

seem to recall our old mates on confguide being less than complimentary about him - must be lazy and wants loads of cash.
Yep, that just about sums him up or it did when he was a Shrewsbury, seem to remember their fans thought he was God's gift to football. Personally I didn't rate him then but don't know what he's been like at Crewe.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2006, 14:12   #3

a mate of mine who's a shrewsbury fan used to love him when he was down there. good signing i reckon if we manage to pull it off. he's pretty similar to mcgivern, in that he's a nippy little striker who likes to get stuck in.
the debonaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2006, 14:56   #4
God Member

played five games (7 as sub) this year scoring 3 goals, 24 years old (25 on new years day), fans favourite at Gresty Road for his whole hearted displays.
73 goals in 204 appearances for Shrewsbury and a former England Semi-pro interntaional. Seems to fit the bill of whats required but I reckon he'll be a greedy ****** with his wages. Never mind, get him on crap wages and top bonuses Eric and watch him shoot us to safety.

I'd also like to see Coley try to get Evil back. I dont care whether folk thought him a big time Charlie last time he was here, he scores goals, he bullies defenders and he is a crowd pleaser.

Still not keen on reading about transfer targets on other websites though, any press conference should be broadcast on our site first.
Old 27-12-2006, 15:09   #5

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot..._3/6200937.stm
See this Lee McEvilly gave Wrexham the lead on 47 minutes after coming on as a sub...

We could do with this type of player, strong and powerful. Doubt we will get him though.

I wish we had Barry back. Excellent defensive midfielder, just what we need at the moment especially now Gary and Ian are on their way. Make our midfield stronger less pressure on the back four and less pressure on the team in general.
stanleyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2006, 15:13   #6

Any news on DAVID MANNIX coming back.
rumour was he'd be back in january and anyone at the grimsby game could see he had huge potential!!!
ANY JOY???
jiffy bag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2006, 15:25   #7
Senior Member+

Does this ring any bells?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ra/6204275.stm

Unknown League 2 club?
Old 27-12-2006, 15:44   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post

Unknown League 2 club?
Oh well, looks like terry fearns on loan

I know perkins got sent off yesterday, is he still available from morecambe?
RossendaleRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2006, 15:57   #9

Actually just found this article on fearns from Aug 2005 that i for one didnt know about

Fearns rejects move to Stanley

Aug 24, 2005, Midweek Visiter.
SOUTHPORT'S top striker Terry Fearns has said he wants to stay at Haig Avenue.

After recent speculation linking Peterborough with Fearns, Liam Watson revealed at the weekend that Accrington Stanley had made an official request to speak to the player.

Watson said: "I gave Terry permission to talk to John Coleman so he could decide if he wished to pursue his career at a club with full-time training

"Terry's initial reaction was that he wanted to stay with us and compete for his place. That's what I wanted to hear. I will never stop a player developing as long as we profit at the same time. Terry is tied here on a long contract and I have no need to sell."

The ball is now back in Accrington's court. See Friday's Visiter for any further developments

Has scored a lot of goals in his career, nearly 30 years old, could he cut it in league 2? I know he struggled in the conference, but that could have been due to the players around him and the service received..

Am i just convincing myself or am i expecting too much from Droylsdens centre forward?
RossendaleRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2006, 18:32   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post

Unknown League 2 club?

well that was a week ago, maybe Coley will go back in with a bigger offer on personal terms. I doubt he went in with his best offer first.
Old 27-12-2006, 21:25   #11
Junior Member+

wish some one would go and look at a certain mark smith at my home club buxton top of the unibond 1st he is as good a striker than what we have got at the moment
Old 28-12-2006, 20:48   #12

More info on Luke Rodgers.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2982161.stm
sarah_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2006, 21:19   #13

Dont see the relevance!!!
Sorry!!
jiffy bag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2006, 10:18   #14

Luhe Rodgers is defo not coming to Stanley. Watch out tommorrow for an ex West Brom defender signing for us. Spoke to David Mannix Sat night offered a permanent deal but as yet undecided. A few other irons in the fire but no names as yet. Watch this space .
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2006, 12:59   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy McQueen View Post
Spoke to David Mannix Sat night offered a permanent deal but as yet undecided.
The juxtaposition of the words "David Mannix" and "permanent deal" would make me seriously pleased if he accepted subject his injury problems being behind him.

I saw him at Grimsby. The bloke stood out head and shoulders.

It would be great for both because Stanley should be a great shop window for his talents.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..