Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2007, 09:39   #1
Super Moderator

Rovers Reduce Season Ticket Prices

Does anybody think that Rover's plans to cut their season ticket prices will have a detrimental effect on Stanley's attendances? Apparently, there are going to be 5,500 tickets available for just £249 and the cheapest prices in the Blackburn End will be £299. Compare that with a ticket for the Clayton End at £275 and you can see the size of the problem we're facing. Very worrying news, in my opinion.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:50   #2
God Member

Re: Rovers Reduce Season Ticket Prices

Preston North End have also announced their prices for next season. If you purchase a season ticket it will work out at less than £15.00 per match. A junior season ticket in the family stand will be £70.00 and accompanied children under 8 are free. I paid a hundred quid for my son's current Stanley season ticket. Will I be buying one for next season? No thank-you.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 09:58   #3
Super Moderator

Neither will I and neither will any of the other loyal supporters. But what about the floating fans?
Old 02-03-2007, 10:06   #4
God Member

The rich clubs get richer and the poor clubs get poorer and eventually driven out of business.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:08   #5
God Member

By the way don't forget that comparing £299 against £275 is not a true comparison. They have 5 games less for that and have to watch all that tippy tappy football
Old 02-03-2007, 10:25   #6
Senior Member+

This is an Accy Stanley MB - not for Rovers or Burnley or PNE - lets worry about our own problems and leave the board to sort out pricing for next season etc etc

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:31   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
This is an Accy Stanley MB - not for Rovers or Burnley or PNE - lets worry about our own problems and leave the board to sort out pricing for next season etc etc
I guess you don't think it's going to affect Stanley then ?
Old 02-03-2007, 10:45   #8
I am Banned

Oh gawd dont want to see me breakfast come back for this load of I'd rather be shot, & even before i'd step anywhere near that ground even if stanley were playing there

SO stanleys moneys save here Even me dad goes to stanley more now rather than those rubbish, come on maccy bout time u saw sence an all!!!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:47   #9

Quote:
This is our problem. Loyal fans will buy a season ticket no matter what. Kids aren't loyal. You can't attract them to a game the club's got no future. They would rather see the players they see on TV playing for their country than Stanley.

I have said this for the past 3 seasons Stanley would make more money with lower prices, there are too many high quality alternatives to lure away fans, and sometimes you have to face it Stanley are the cheap alternative for many fans, with if a better club is at a similar price they'll go there.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:48   #10
Senior Member+

Sorry Ozzy but this is our problem.

All our so called bigger clubs in the area, with the expception so far of burnley, are either freezing or reducing season ticket prices. I think this could have a detrimental effecton those people who were perhaps thinking of watching real football (with very few facilities) next season, as opposed to pansy football (where you're somewhat pampered by our current standards). All those fence sitters will be sliding off towards pansy football.

This can't be good for stanley can it?
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:48   #11
Super Moderator

Quote:
lets worry about our own problems and leave the board to sort out pricing for next season etc etc
The point is, this IS our problem if it affects our attendances!
Old 02-03-2007, 10:50   #12
I am Banned

Not always the case SamF, my kids are at awkward stages with getting them to come along but i did teach them well - THEY wouldnt be tempted or cheapened by that offer < spit >
Old 02-03-2007, 10:56   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
Not always the case SamF, my kids are at awkward stages with getting them to come along but i did teach them well - THEY wouldnt be tempted or cheapened by that offer < spit >
Of course it's not always the case, I myself am an exception. But I do know that there used to be 5 or 6 of us going to Stanley games and now I'm the only one, the others either don't go to watch football anymore due to it being too expensive or have figured for the difference in price they'd rather watch Premiership football.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:59   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
I have said this for the past 3 seasons Stanley would make more money with lower prices,
It's a fine line between reducing prices and and returning to the non-league days unless the club gets bankrolled as the premier league clubs have done.

Cheaper admission prices do not always get bigger crowds. Winners get bigger crowds.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:03   #15
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Of course it's not always the case, I myself am an exception. But I do know that there used to be 5 or 6 of us going to Stanley games and now I'm the only one, the others either don't go to watch football anymore due to it being too expensive or have figured for the difference in price they'd rather watch Premiership football.

Who'd wanna pay do much to watch divers, ballerina's...oh & lilly savage??? Premiership football is seriously not football anymore but battle of cheating & how expensive your players are, also clubs being taken over by foreigners!!

Football is championship downwards!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..