Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2007, 12:07   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Free Admission

How many can FES hold out of curriosity.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:18   #17
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Osbornello View Post
Thing is my Dad loves Stanley, but he isn't exactly the.... rowdy type so to speak. He wouldn't sing and he states that he prefers 'side on' view rather than goal to goal... that's why I often leave him behind

I could at least possibly try to get him to go in the cow shed...
Yeh know what u mean simular thing with mine altho he will stand on clayton end....cow shed pmsfl...erm macca was on about packing that out for the noise acoustics
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:18   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Ask that bloke to come along, you know the one. The Dingle

I suggest we get there very early......
Would it be good value for the money ?
Old 12-03-2007, 12:19   #19
I am Banned

Quote:
Ask that bloke to come along, you know the one. The Dingle

I suggest we get there very early......
Hehehehehehe errrr he can answer that one hehehehe

Yup wise to be early so if u beat me to it reserve us our regular spot
Old 12-03-2007, 12:30   #20
I am Banned

I was going to say i hope it dont rain

But pre forecast is good so far so good

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/...crington&day=5
Old 12-03-2007, 12:34   #21

Quote:
Are you coming to see me Kisser, I'll have a few extra bob in my pocket
Of course Doug - I will be there with my tickets and would expect and hope for a bumper sale of tickets and a whopping big half time cash prize!
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:36   #22
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisser View Post
Of course Doug - I will be there with my tickets and would expect and hope for a bumper sale of tickets and a whopping big half time cash prize!
LOL & i just hope i get the winner hehehehehhehehe but alas i think that might ask too much for my prayers this saturday tho
Old 12-03-2007, 13:11   #23

Well done to who ever made the decision!!!

Now let's capitalise commercially!!!

Print plenty of programs

Sell scarves on the turnstiles / lane

Enough volunteers selling raffle tickets

and perhaps pre-match warm-up person stirring up the crowd!!

Well done Stanley......it's better to die on your feet, than live on your knees

Gary
Old 12-03-2007, 13:23   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
How many can FES hold out of curriosity.
Just a tad over 5000, but don't forget the match is segregated with Torquay expecting to bring approximately 300, which means it will not be full to capacity as the away end holds something like 1400 - so a crowd of 3900 could feasibly be expected. For those who are moaning about being season ticket holders - stop it, I am one as well but I think this gesture can increase the interest in Accrington Stanley FC despite what is happening elsewhere. I for one am in full support of the boards gesture. Even if it ups future attendances by a couple it can only be successful. And as others have said, more money for the 50/50 draw.

IS THIS THE POSITIVE THREAD - even Jimbo will have to get here early tee hee

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 13:31   #25
God Member

Torquay fans should be moved somewhere where they aren't wasting space.

The changing rooms should be empty from 2:55 they can all go in there!

I say put em under the away cow shed and leave the coppice terrace vacant
Old 12-03-2007, 13:32   #26

The season ticket holders will still have saved money regardless over the course of the season. I am also one, and think this could be one of the best decisions the club has ever made. The players will get a boost, the town will be buzzing, AccyJay will have a roaring trade , and 3900 people with many buying programs etc will make at least as much money as 1200 paying full whack.

Tell your friends, neighbours, distant relatives. Tell everyone!!! Stanley are making one last push for the league place we chased after for 44 years and we all have a part to play in ensuuring the FES can be lambasted by opposition fans next year.

ON STANLEY ON!!!
Old 12-03-2007, 13:36   #27
God Member

Not many can afford to be short changed, Ozzy. Accrington is an area where an extra 15/10 quid can go a long way. The saving made by buying a season ticket is ever decreasing and it's a shambles.
It will be great if we get a full house against Torquay, but a great atmosphere doesn't mean the players will play any better - Rochdale anyone? I doubt future attendances will be increased at all on the basis of this offer. People will take what they can for free and then ****** off the next week when a charge comes into it.
This is a very brave decision by the club, and I believe it's too little too late. That's the last I'll say on it.

Call me a grumpy git if you want, I'm just telling it like it is.

Last edited by shakermaker; 12-03-2007 at 13:38.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 13:46   #28

Wink Re: Free Admission

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Not many can afford to be short changed, Ozzy. Accrington is an area where an extra 15/10 quid can go a long way. The saving made by buying a season ticket is ever decreasing and it's a shambles.
It will be great if we get a full house against Torquay, but a great atmosphere doesn't mean the players will play any better - Rochdale anyone? I doubt future attendances will be increased at all on the basis of this offer. People will take what they can for free and then ****** off the next week when a charge comes into it.
This is a very brave decision by the club, and I believe it's too little too late. That's the last I'll say on it.

Call me a grumpy git if you want, I'm just telling it like it is.
I think this can be easily rectified!!....this years season ticket holders to be admitted free to a cup game next season!!

Problem solved!
Old 12-03-2007, 13:49   #29

Its just a game we have got to win. Lets see if the crowd can be the twelth man.
Its worth more money staying in the league than losing the revenue from one game.
Come on down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
philip@pcarter3.oran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 13:51   #30
I am Banned

Just a suggestion to capitilise on a good expected crowd is raising the bar with some positiveness before the match starts, like some good songs played to uplift the crowd atmosphere - hey be good to get the whole crowd buzzing to feed off to the players......dunno who does the music/tannoy nowadays but a nice set of positive anthems before the match starts cart on, predict a riot etc..

Everytime i hear Ashes by Embrace it reminds me of stanley - lyrics seem to fit us lol released last year at the time we won/winning config, even england nicked it for the summer anthem lol

...right u can shoot my idea down as you please hehehehe

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..