Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2007, 17:36   #76
Junior Member+

Re: New Strip For Next Season

Why do we still have "Sewerage" doing the shirts? They're better known for their cricket stuff. Is it because they are cheaper than Nike - in fact, do the shirt manufacturers approach clubs or vice-versa?

Must say: I was very proud to be seen in Wolverhampton wearing my Nike Stanley shirt a couple of years ago when the Wolves fans wore Le Coq Sportif.

Like it or not; the make of the shirt carries a certain prestige as does the sponsor. How many would wear a shirt sponsored by Aldi or Primark?
Accrington Web
Old 02-07-2007, 17:47   #77
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyWolf View Post
Why do we still have "Sewerage" doing the shirts? They're better known for their cricket stuff. Is it because they are cheaper than Nike - in fact, do the shirt manufacturers approach clubs or vice-versa?

Must say: I was very proud to be seen in Wolverhampton wearing my Nike Stanley shirt a couple of years ago when the Wolves fans wore Le Coq Sportif.

Like it or not; the make of the shirt carries a certain prestige as does the sponsor. How many would wear a shirt sponsored by Aldi or Primark?
Somebody here is used to the high-life. Snob is another word I can think of.
Personally I would wear a shirt sponsored by the Conservative political party with a picture of Britcliff on it, so long as it was in the best intrests of the club.

The nike shirts were just stock issue, many clubs have them (just different colours) and there is no prestige in that is there.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 18:35   #78
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyWolf View Post
hahaha
nike was hardly 'prestige'!

I'd much rather be seen in a decent make like Surridge rather than one of the scally makes.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 18:42   #79
God Member

Prostar first. I still have prostar polo shirts that are as good today as when i bought them

Surridge second.. good quality sports wear .

Third would be something you find in a tip that the rats have had, stinks , wet with pee and falling apart.

Nike fourth. cheap tat that lives on the name only.. certainly not on quality.
Old 02-07-2007, 20:21   #80

Quote:
nike was hardly 'prestige'!
I'd much rather be seen in a decent make like Surridge rather than one of the scally makes
Well said Shakermaker

I really like the surridge shirts, they are much better quality than the nike ones..

I bought one of the Stanley polo shirts (Nike) as a present for a family member and it was ruined after the first wash, even after following the washing instructions, very very poor quality and it cost me 25 quid, it was never worn again after that!!

My Surridge shirt is still like new and it was washed and worn week in week out last season
AccyRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 20:37   #81
God Member

The new kit launching we know is going to be a Saturday will it be this Saturday 7th? Saturday 14th Burnley game plenty of people around the shop? Saturday 21st Local Holidays missed opportunity?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 20:45   #82
Senior Member+

Regardless Of Sponsors, Makes Or Design - I Will Be Purchasing And Wearing The Shirt With Pride.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 21:52   #83
God Member

I have to say the Surridge one is brilliant.Looks brandnew. But then , it is treated like the Holy Grail in this house.When I reach for it,hanging on its paded hanger,I hear sacred music,the type reserved for holy things.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 14:07   #84

Smile Re: New Strip For Next Season

You need to tell your missus to turn down that Enigma CD then

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 14:13   #85
I am Banned

Well being in world choice yesterday with not much success with passports i enquired about new strips, apparently they are due to be delivered late friday for sale this saturday coming but they have had not much more confirmation than that not sure if it goes on sale saturday after certain time or not will be back in there again this week so will get updates then.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 19:41   #86
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewCarroll View Post
Right okay, We are now just waiting on the word from our sponsor and getting ready to announce the date, what I can say is that I listened to what you have had to say, and it will be a saturday... Saturday very soon.

Pre-ordering the kit, like I said is something I'm used to in my past posts, It is free with no obligation, non at all, it justs rewards people who took the time to express interest in it, to have piece of mind that their kit will be there for them, in their size.

As regards to not showing it, yes I wanted to build an air of cloak and dagger stuff, of course. I want people to be excited by a launch event, I want people to talk about it, what it might be like. It's the one cool thing every two years that gets people talking.

But I will relent, there will be teasers going out early next week on the official site, I guarantee it, snaps of details you want to know.

Sorry if this upsets people, but I want anything commercial to be shrewd and impactful, I want accrington to be aware of its club.
Coupling this with Accymel's post looks like the launch could be this Saturday?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 14:36   #87

This Saturday, the 7th for the shirt launch, Worldchoice Fraser eagle shop, Blackburn Road Accrington, 11am.

Limited Stock,

Shirts go on sale in the clubshop on the 17th July,

More info to follow
LewCarroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 14:46   #88
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Coupling this with Accymel's post looks like the launch could be this Saturday?
Looks like Mystic Mel gave it away
Old 04-07-2007, 17:52   #89

Quote:
But I will relent, there will be teasers going out early next week on the official site, I guarantee it, snaps of details you want to know.
You wrote that a week ago. It is now midweek and early in the week has passed with none of the guaranteed teasers on the website. We have one item that the launch will be this saturday. So where are the teasers and snaps of details we wan't to know, that you guaranteed would appear.
poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 18:11   #90
Senior Member+

Quote:
This Saturday, the 7th for the shirt launch, Worldchoice Fraser eagle shop, Blackburn Road Accrington, 11am.

Limited Stock,

Shirts go on sale in the clubshop on the 17th July,

More info to follow
Lew are there going to be players there ?

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..