Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2007, 17:38   #61
God Member

Re: New ground pic.. sorta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
It's a bit like life. One day we'll die, but the world won't stop.
How do you know that? isn't there a possibility that this is your world and we are all bit players in it and that when you die it all ends... Cus I am convinced your all bit players in my world.

hehehe
Old 28-06-2007, 17:39   #62
Senior Member+

Good point Kipax. As a solipsist I should have known that.
Old 28-06-2007, 20:54   #63
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Why? He's employed by the club to do a job and so far he's done a very good one too. One day he will leave, but the club will roll on (forwards or backwards).
It's a bit like life. One day we'll die, but the world won't stop.
Yes but he is a man of great passion and has often called for the fans to create an intimidating atmosphere for the visiting team. He won't get that if the Clayton end is an all seater - guaranteed.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2007, 21:05   #64
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Yes but he is a man of great passion and has often called for the fans to create an intimidating atmosphere for the visiting team. He won't get that if the Clayton end is an all seater - guaranteed.
The Clayton End being full, seated or not, would be a start. You can get an enormous wall of sound from a seated end if everyone gets behind the team. Stockport last season was a good example. When they got behind their team the noise was very impressive.

I don't personally want to see the Clayton End seated, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.
Old 28-06-2007, 22:58   #65
God Member

Quote:
You can get an enormous wall of sound from a seated end if everyone gets behind the team. .
I agree with what you said here but our fans DO NOT get behind the team regular enough. The Ultras will put the backing vocals up constantly but any wall of noise needs to come from the entire end. Seated will only provide the occasional songs when one feels okay to stand such as corners etc.

The roof WILL amplify the constant noise from the Ultras and those underneath the roof who aren't singing WILL feel that it is sufficiently louder for them to join in without feeling like nobody around them is singing
Old 29-06-2007, 09:49   #66
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I find that strange Macca. You obviously work very hard at trying to raise the profile of the club and hope for bigger things yet if the bigger things happen, (ie 2 promotions) you are effectively eliminating yourself from watching the games. I doubt ( and I hope I'm wrong ) that the government will ever back down on the standing issue)

I might get shot down for this but I think Stanley fans are between a rock and a hard place at the moment. For obvious reasons many of you feel the intimacy of the club because of the past few years and want that to remain but at the same time you want to see the club do well and rise through the ranks. The higher the rise the more the club will probably alienate the fans. Sadly ( in my honest opinion ) In todays football world I don't think you can have both. Although I'm a dingle first I'm also a football fan and I have to say the greed involved as you go further up the league sometimes makes you question your loyalties.

Out of curiosity if you all had to choose between the 2 options which one would you go for, keep the friendly club but not go above league one, or the ultimate dream of the premiership at the expense of losing the intimacy. Don't go cheating and say both
You're quite right Dave, cos although I really enjoyed last season & can't wait for the new one to start, I do miss a lot of things from the non league days. At the start of last season I wondered how much we'd have to change but it turned out ok cos home games were more or less the same, with the players still coming into the bar afterwards. This season it's all change again but I think the move to lease the Crown is a good one and I can't wait and see how it pans out. However, I can't believe one or two are saying they won't go to games if they have to sit down or if they can't have a fag for 90 minutes! Stanley is my club and always will be, the only thing that would keep me away would be if we do rise through the leagues which could mean that I wouldn't be able to afford to go as often. So I guess that means I would choose the first option.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 12:49   #67
God Member

How about getting some song sheets printed and handing them out for first home game in league this season no harm in trying? I for one enjoy the singing but like most clubs in the land when the club travel away the noise seems to be more intense why is this? As for the question with regard seating or standing it's a difficult one as one of the main reasons I first got hooked is the standing but if the club is to advance time can't stand still so if it means having to sit then so be it!

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 15:55   #68
Junior Member+

Wink Re: New ground pic.. sorta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
How about getting some song sheets printed and handing them out for first home game in league this season no harm in trying? I for one enjoy the singing but like most clubs in the land when the club travel away the noise seems to be more intense why is this? As for the question with regard seating or standing it's a difficult one as one of the main reasons I first got hooked is the standing but if the club is to advance time can't stand still so if it means having to sit then so be it!
songsheets? we are a not a choir.
Milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 19:45   #69
God Member

Any updates?? Pillars should be erected by now...anyone been up there???
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 19:48   #70
God Member

Not much change.. too much rain.. holes filling up with water every day
Old 05-07-2007, 19:50   #71
God Member

You guys still copping it?? Thats no good.Global warming...I blame the French.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 21:00   #72

I would not be happy if the Clayton end got seats in but i would just stand in the Whinney Hill, even though like Maccawasagod i prefer to stand behind the goals, but why couldn`t we do what we did at Rochdale and just stand anyway,and i know for a fact that a couple of people i bring to the games would not go, Accy is not their first club but like the standing up and the atmosphere at the FES, one even came to Rochdale away and was even more impressed by the atmosphere, i think that sitting during a game just kills it.
Old 05-07-2007, 21:18   #73
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz66 View Post
I but why couldn`t we do what we did at Rochdale and just stand anyway,
because, according to the programme notes of the following game, we brought shame on the club by standing up!

thats why I 'm unwilling to go to games where I have to sit - I won't deliberately shame my club.

My comment about not going was if they seated the Clayton End before anywhere else. Because it would be done without any consideration for the thousand people or so who frequent that end because they want to stand and want to be behind the goal. The atmosphere would die if we had to sit, therefore as that is the thing I love most about football matches I would stop going (ish)
Old 05-07-2007, 21:24   #74
God Member

We havent even got a roof.. seats could be years away if at all.. Whats all this.. pre emptive complaining? Moaning just in case?

I think your all getting a bit ahead of yourselves
Old 05-07-2007, 21:43   #75
God Member

'taint moaning Kipax - Just explaining why I wouldn't go. The initial point was that by the end of next season we need another 900 seats and that work would need to begin reasonably soon in order to get those seats installed into whatever is to be built to house them.

Whinney Hill Stand would need a total rebuild from ground upwards with a costing of half a million upwards.

The Clayton End would need the terrace remoulding and seats installing. Cost would probably be around a quarter of a million.

...."for a ground that we may not stay at it would be folly to spend this amount of money on a permanent fixture, therefore the decision has been taken to develop the Clayton End" ... the press release writes itself.

It may not be that far away, and if it happened and if we campaigned against it then the club would give the ultimatum that they either build it (cos there is no time left for alternative plans) or we get relegated for not completing our necessary groundworks in three years. We become the bad guys

It isn't troublemaking, it isn't moaning, its not knocking the club - my post answers its own queries by stating the costs involved (minimums) but it explains why I wouldn't be present much afterwards.

I would however still actively support from whichever armchair I watch Lew's new PC streams from

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..