Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2007, 21:49   #76
God Member

Re: New ground pic.. sorta

Well my comment was aimed at the thread that seems to be all about knocking the club for putting seats in the clayton end... which seems a bit much considering.. It wasn't aimed at you personally.
Old 05-07-2007, 21:55   #77
God Member

no offence taken me old China.

next bit edited, removed and saved to Word for bringing back in two years time as an 'I told you so'

I don't think anybody is really knocking the club as everybody has realised what I was at pains to emphasise that it is by no means a decided thing more a case of stressing that many people wouldn't stand for it (pardon the pun)

Last edited by maccawozzagod; 05-07-2007 at 21:57.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 21:58   #78
God Member

But thats what I mean.. i wouldnt be surprised if we had seats in 2 yrs time. it would mean the club is doing well.. i just dont fancy reading complaints for 2 years waiting for it to happen.. i really dont want to read complaints about it only to find it doesnt happen.

ie: "OK, so do we start the protests, petitions etc now, so that the club drop this stupid idea without further ado?"

Like I say.. not all about you mate..you shouldnt take everything personal and think everyhting is pointing at you
Old 05-07-2007, 22:04   #79
God Member

why would you think I'm taking it personal? what are you saying?

did you spill my pint?
Old 05-07-2007, 22:05   #80
God Member

Does all this mean I have to bring my own seat when visiting ?
Old 05-07-2007, 22:05   #81
God Member

surely they could just stick the seats in the coppice end???

Last edited by John_Timmins; 05-07-2007 at 22:13.
John_Timmins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 22:09   #82
Super Moderator

OK, well, I suppose it's about me too, then. In my opinion, it is a stupid idea because it'll ruin the atmosphere on the Clayton End and alienate a lot of people. Yes, it is just an idea at the moment, but, in my opinion, we should make our feelings known to the club about it. If it comes down to a choice between continued league football and a seated Clayton End, I would reluctantly accept the latter. However, if they can't afford to build a new stand on the Whinney hill side, I don't see why they can't put the required seats on the Coppice End.
Old 05-07-2007, 22:22   #83
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins View Post
surely they could just stick the seats in the coppice end???
good ideawonder if the burnley game will be all ticket if the clayton ends not finished
Old 05-07-2007, 23:34   #84
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
OK, well, I suppose it's about me too, then. In my opinion, it is a stupid idea because it'll ruin the atmosphere on the Clayton End and alienate a lot of people. Yes, it is just an idea at the moment, but, in my opinion, we should make our feelings known to the club about it. If it comes down to a choice between continued league football and a seated Clayton End, I would reluctantly accept the latter. However, if they can't afford to build a new stand on the Whinney hill side, I don't see why they can't put the required seats on the Coppice End.
Count me in too as I have said before after years waiting for roof and we finally get it only to find it becomes a seated area, bad Google Page Ranking.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 23:40   #85
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Count me in too as I have said before after years waiting for roof and we finally get it only to find it becomes a seated area, bad Google Page Ranking.
Who says it's going to be seated?
Old 05-07-2007, 23:44   #86
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
Who says it's going to be seated?
Nobody has said it's going to be seated only it's one option to be considered.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:48   #87

Surely IF we ever put seats in the ground it would make more sense o put them in the Coppice (Hollands Pies terrace) End. This would kill 2 birds with one stone as we would have the required amount of seats AND fill the criteria for seating for away fans.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:51   #88
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Nobody has said it's going to be seated only it's one option to be considered.

Option for who? Not for the club.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..