Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2007, 15:06   #1
God Member

stuart fleetwood

who thinks we should have another look at stuart fleetwood hea just scored 2 goals against rotherham.how about a rush loan move before next week
Old 11-11-2007, 16:44   #2
God Member

Re: stuart fleetwood

we couldn't afford him now, FGR will want at least £150,000 for him.
Old 11-11-2007, 16:54   #3

I don't think he'd sign anyway, after the way he was treated last time.
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 17:18   #4

Watched the rotherham highlights, I'm sure the commentator said after Stuart Fleetwood's 2nd goal that he had now scored 20 goals this season!!! By all means correct me if i heard this wrong.
Old 11-11-2007, 18:03   #5

Lightbulb Re: stuart fleetwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
who thinks we should have another look at stuart fleetwood hea just scored 2 goals against rotherham.how about a rush loan move before next week
Repeat after me W-e d-o n-o-t n-e-e-d f-o-r-w-a-d-s w-e n-e-e-d a d-e-f-e-n-c- e.
slerpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 18:11   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by longballking View Post
Watched the rotherham highlights, I'm sure the commentator said after Stuart Fleetwood's 2nd goal that he had now scored 20 goals this season!!! By all means correct me if i heard this wrong.
No, he's been banging them in all season. But Stuart said earlier this season, when everyone was taking a second look, that he's a loyal player. So maybe £200,000 +.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 23:03   #7

always rated him, but it seems that neither Hereford or Coley could afford patience enough for him to fully recover from illness - a bit like Aldershot with our Roscoe a couple of years back ! A pity because I think we let a diamond slip through our fingers.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2007, 16:11   #8

Unhappy Re: stuart fleetwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLostSon View Post
always rated him, but it seems that neither Hereford or Coley could afford patience enough for him to fully recover from illness - a bit like Aldershot with our Roscoe a couple of years back ! A pity because I think we let a diamond slip through our fingers.
I have scoured other websites and clearly the world and his wife rate Fleetwood, he is likely to go to a Championship side.
slerpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2007, 20:32   #9

He's a right good guy 'n all. Myself and a few others enjoyed a few pints with him and his mam on a couple of occasions up at the oaklea.

He was really dejected when we ended his trial here...
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2007, 21:50   #10

I've seen FGR play several times this season as they are a fairly easy journey for me to get to, and Stuart Fleetwood has been a revelation, scoring some cracking goals. That total of 20 in League and Cup matches is correct, as far as I am aware, and he is the leading scorer in the BSP League this season.

There is no doubt that his goalscoring ability has been one of the reasons why FGR have been in good form this season and are currently lying in sixth place, just behind the play-off positions, but in all fairness, it has not just been Fleetwood who has brought about this transformation of a side who have struggled so often in the past. Manager Jim Harvey has forged a very hard-working side who, more often than not, play to their strengths and are getting the results which they deserve, playing good attacking passing football, and unbeaten in their last 10 matches, including the cup tie against Rotherham last Sunday, which FGR were a bit unlucky not to win, having been 2-0 ahead at haftime, courtesy of Super Stuart !

Fleetwood has declared his intention at present to remain with FGR this season (I hope he does) but of course, we all know how quickly things can change in football. It seemed like only about 5 mins between celebrating Gary Roberts' great second goal at Torquay last season and him leaving for Ipswich !!!
Urban Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2007, 14:30   #11

Scored today as well already seems on form at the moment.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2007, 21:13   #12

Hi Urban, wondered why I hadn't seen you away with Stanley this term. Knew you had a soft spot for FGR as well, but hope to see you in your red 'nwhite scarf in the next month or so. Good insight on the thread subject.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2007, 09:11   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLostSon View Post
Hi Urban, wondered why I hadn't seen you away with Stanley this term. Knew you had a soft spot for FGR as well, but hope to see you in your red 'nwhite scarf in the next month or so. Good insight on the thread subject.

Thanks Long Lost Son.

The reason for my absence so far this season from any Stanley away matches is easy to explain - I was on holiday for the Wycombe game (went there last season to see us draw 1-1) and had to miss both the Dagenham and Barnet matches as I had a bad bout of flu and sinus problems. This season, there will be fewer opportunities for those of us Stanley supporters living in the south to be able to see the team, because Walsall, Swindon,and Bristol Rovers were all promoted (I saw Stanley lose at all three venues last season, sadly) and Torquay United disappeared in the other direction (saw us win there). There is no Carling Cup match at Watford this season, and of the relegated teams from last time, only Brentford are really in range (will definitely be at that game in February).It has certainly been very frustrating, but I have been following Stanley's fortunes on the radio and on Sky Sports.

I'm hoping to see Stanley play as soon as I can, but in the meantime, have been watching FGR from time to time (not every home game because I am a jinx I think !) and it has been very entertaining.

Hope to catch up with you all again soon on the terraces.
Old 20-11-2007, 20:35   #14
Senior Member+

Just scored the third to dump Rotherham out of the Cup .........
Old 20-11-2007, 21:00   #15

It was a fantastic all round performance by FGR tonight - they demolished the Millers !

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..