Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2008, 12:12   #1
God Member

Eric gets the round in !!!!!! **shock story**

see fishy site - bar re-opens!!!!
Old 03-01-2008, 12:14   #2
God Member

Re: Eric gets the round in !!!!!! **shock story**

can't look on fishy site at work but read it on the osc site... great news, however, may have an impact on exhib launch on how many we can let in...suppose it depends on the responses to osc invites!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 17:32   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
suppose it depends on the responses to osc invites!!

just to re-iterate - all OSC members will shortly be receiving an official invitation to the media launch of the Exhibition, there is a number on there to RSVP so please do so. I would hate anybody to travel some distance hoping to be there and then find that the bar is full and the doors shut.
Old 03-01-2008, 20:23   #4

Please help me guys !! [and girls] Eric has said we can give beer away but i don’t know how many will take up the offer, if we can fill the lounge i may be able to persuade him to allow it to be open to supporters for every match and return it to the pre-match venue it used to be, if that’s what you all want?
I am new to this job so i would appreciate some help! with your support i will move things in the right direction. We are all creatures of habit and i am not going to change something that i feel is working ok, but i will change something that is not, or can be improved.
Respect and gratitude are two key areas that will be shown by the commercial department and as we are the window to the club for the supporters i hope you will appreciate us being grateful for all your efforts.
touchline.tv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 20:27   #5

So its clubhouse at 12 for the free pint and then straight on to the Oaklea.
Old 03-01-2008, 20:45   #6
God Member

If the books are available I suggest you look at the figures over the past three/four seasons for the clubhouse. Last season was a dogs cock to be honest because it was open one week then shut the next. People got sick of it and found other places to go for a pre-match drink. Previous to that it always seemed to be reasonably full pre-match but then again you could walk straight out on the terrace at 3pm so maybe that would affect it as well. If the truth be known nobody knows until you've tried but I think it will take a few weeks for it to return if indeed it does. But it also takes the edge off the OSC offer to open the bar to the fans for the Brentford match
Old 03-01-2008, 21:03   #7
I am Banned

Macca,

Give the guy a break

Dave's doing a fantanistic job, for the love of it!

Already he's seen the fact that the corporate in the clubhouse is not the total answer.

He is trying to get the fans more involved in the club.

Sorry if his idea has taken a little away from the exhibition launch; all Dave is trying to do is get maximum income for ASFC, OUR CLUB.

As you say people are creatures of habit, club open to all Saturday, club open to all v Brentford, hopefully club open to all for next two home matches (low key & winnable Wycombe + Lincoln) HABIT RESTORED, bar takings up, gates up, EW happy, 4 games unbeatan, EVERYBODY HAPPY!!!
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 21:10   #8
God Member

I'll be in on Saturday, used to like a few beers in there before the game

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 21:12   #9
God Member

I give 'im a break!!!!

that's why there was a (frown) rather than a (mad) not having a go smiley face

advice given on looking at the books to go back to the days when it was used and we had no problems with the bar. Crowds have not significantly altered since the Conference winning season, habits may have done, regulations have done. But looking to that season will give an indication of what was being done over the bar at the time.

BTW, with the bar open again can we now have the OSC shop?
Old 03-01-2008, 21:37   #10
God Member

How many covers are normally sold for an average match?
It is a good facility that must be utilised to the max!
In which direction that is a very difficult question
I do have my own ideas but that is for another day

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 21:38   #11

macca,
i dont think it will take the edge off at all, if it atracts 50 extra people this week they may come early enough next week as well, if it gets the support we may give you the same deal next week???, which again will help your event. Work with me, be positive.
touchline.tv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 21:43   #12
God Member

no worries matey - positive it is!

IMHO whatever works best for the club works best for me. I like a beer so I like the clubhouse, open every week works fine for me. It was noted by one or two that paying for the priviledge of re-opening the bar for the Brentford match and then ...... but as pointed out we are only paying for the Sponsorship of the game and it DOES suit our purpose more for the bar to be open as a matter of course.

Lets pretend that we put the idea in your head and lobbied for the re-opening permanently and then every body is happy. Forever. And I want buy two get two free!
Old 03-01-2008, 21:53   #13
I am Banned

Macca,

Sorry, just had a PM from another top lady, defending your good works

The gates may be similar to the conference days BUT the regulations, safety aspect have totally changed and will stay that way FOREVER!!

Pendle Red,

Ask Dave & Lew what the useage of the corperate is/was, obviously minimal hence the re-think.

Macca,

OSC shop, good point, ask Rob tomorrow

Keeping similing, keep the faith
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 21:58   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernred View Post
Macca,

Sorry, just had a PM from another top lady, defending your good works
Ha ha me thinks stanleymad has him running scared now oh bless I taught her well

EDIT: can't be her, she's not been online since this morning don't know any other top stanley ladies!!! cos it weren't me

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!

Last edited by harwood red; 03-01-2008 at 22:00.
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 22:01   #15
God Member

probably me missus! oh hang on she can't use my computer!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..