Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2008, 08:55   #1
Senior Member+

Coleman Angered By Negative Fans from BBC Sport........

Accrington boss John Coleman has urged a section of supporters who booed the players after the 3-0 defeat by Lincoln City to get behind the club. "When you're walking off to some fans spouting that that was rubbish... well if that's rubbish I don't know what's good," Coleman told BBC Lancashire.

"I can understand people saying the result's rubbish, but the performance wasn't rubbish," he added.

Stanley are 17th in League Two and travel to Brentford on Saturday. <!-- E SF -->
<!-- S IBOX --> <table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="208"> <tbody><tr> <td width="5"></td> <td class="sibStdQuote"> You work hard in training to do things right and we were let down on numerous occasions

John Coleman

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- E IBOX -->

Coleman was also concerned with the

officiating of Greater Manchester referee Anthony Taylor and his two linesmen.
He said: "You work hard in training to do things right and we were let down on numerous occasions.
"They didn't put the last two goals in the net but they gave them a big lift."

What planet is he on???? How Can a 3-0 home loss to Lincoln be a good performance

End of the day if we keep losing people ARE going to boo theres no doubt about it. whether its right or wrong its irrelevant it will still happen.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-02-2008, 09:32   #2

Re: Coleman Angered By Negative Fans from BBC Sport........

If I had a life where I played football all week and got paid a small fortune for doing so even if I was rubbish, I'd put up with a few boos.

What else did the scouse idiot expect ?
Baudelaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 11:28   #3
God Member

A quote from Coleman in today's 'Lancashire Telegraph'

"Maybe I'm seeing it through rose-tinted glasses but they've not been near our goal."

I think you need your glasses changing John. It may have escaped you, but they managed to stick the ball in our goal three times.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 11:35   #4
Junior Member+

Can someone tell Coleman that
1)the Negative Fans keep on paying their hard-earned money and DESERVE better.
2) the Negative Fans appeared to be quite optimistic up to the start of the second half when Lincoln had obviously had the more relevant and useful half-time team talk
3) The Negative Fans would like him to explain why No SUBS were used after the second goal (if not sooner)
4) the Negative Fans will be there again next time to see whether there is anything POSITIVE to talk about in relation to the Manager and his tactics
From Pilki
(The Negative Fan angered by Coleman)
pilki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 12:27   #5

In some ways i understand Coleys frustation but no fan in the land is going to stand and cheer just because we had a good game we the fans have the right to vent our frustration too, we were beaten by a poor team who just happen to be on a winning run the opportunity was there to end it,pick up three points and feel more secure in the league.

I stood on the clayton end as usual last night and in the first half even though we were one down the apparently best fans in the land were their usual noisy selves, the second half was a completely different matter very little noise do,es that not tell Eric and Coley something or will it finally sink in not if but when the stanley faithful find something else to do with their time and hard earned money and gates drop below the thousand cos i can see it coming.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 14:13   #6
God Member

Our esteemed leader is very quick to take any credit or praise that comes his way - unfortunately he cannot take criticism which after all is part & parcel of the job. Last night was not the first time he's had a go back at a fan who was giving their opinion and it is just not on, he should have enough discipline to let the comments go over his head at the time & concentrate on what's going on on the pitch.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 14:59   #7
God Member

Sale of Goods Act

Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 traders must sell goods that are as described and of satisfactory quality.

If consumers discover that products do not meet these requirements they can reject them and ask for their money back providing they do so quickly.

The 'Football Genius' says this is the best squad he's ever assembled. I don't believe him and under the above mentioned act would like to claim back the money I've paid to watch the dross turned out by him.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 15:09   #8
God Member

Oh-oh looks like you've all asked for it hehehehehe got a feeling a not too happy chappy may respond soon

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 15:15   #9
God Member

ok maybe not now then

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 16:52   #10

I fail to see how people are blind to the difference between last night performance and the other ones of late, yes we lost, but it was because we were unlucky, we bossed the game from start to finish, they got 3 chances, one of which (the first) should never have come about in the first place - linesman giving a blatant throw in the wrong way meant them crossing the ball in to score rather than us being able to get the ball away from the area.

Keep the faith, if we play like that every game the wins will come rolling in.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 17:16   #11

Coleman must stay, fully supported by the fans, changing horses mid stream will see us relegated to the Blue square thingmybob. Hold our collective nerve and stay up this season is now the objective.
slerpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 17:59   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by slerpy View Post
Coleman must stay, fully supported by the fans, changing horses mid stream will see us relegated to the Blue square thingmybob. Hold our collective nerve and stay up this season is now the objective.
What planet are you on - Coleman MUST go and the sooner the better!!
He (Coleman) should be encouraging the team, where was the encouragement last night? Eric Whalley must do the decent thing and sack the management - NOW!!!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 18:03   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
What planet are you on - Coleman MUST go and the sooner the better!!
He (Coleman) should be encouraging the team, where was the encouragement last night? Eric Whalley must do the decent thing and sack the management - NOW!!!
Where do you sit ?
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 18:34   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Where do you sit ?
Now then - err let me think - Coleman MUST go give you a clue?

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2008, 18:43   #15
Senior Member+

if coleman goes now who is going to come in, what if jimmy goes with him it will have a big effect on team morale! its better to wait till end of season at least

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..