Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2008, 19:06   #61
God Member

Re: vs Aldershot

I thought first 15-20 minutes we looked good, passed the ball well, after that again we have let a team come to the FES and Boss the game. As others have said a couple of strange substitutions not quite sure the validity in taking off a Striker and replacing with a defender then moving a midfielder up front it didn't work last Season so no reason to believe it would today? I think we may have got away with a point if chances had been put away but they wern't so I suppose we maybe got what our endevour deserved which was "Nowt"

It is still relatively early days and we did look stronger at the back, but we must be more adventurous going forward and try to create chances and hope we can start to convert them, or it is going to be a Long Hard Season

I was once again impressed with Chris King looks like a good signing and Cav looked ot be back to his Best
I think Jamie Clarke is still finding his feet and I am sure will prove to be a useful loan signing
Maybe it is time to give John Miles a run out, he should be chomping at the bit and have a point to prove

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 09-08-2008 at 19:10.
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-08-2008, 19:14   #62
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Most people would be happy with a show of fight, but if we go down without a whimper then the snipers will be out again tonight
Yes we would but it didn't happen, no need to fire any bullets Coleman is shooting himself as it appears he has learned nowt from last season.
The football genius sat in the stands watching Stanley losing 1-0 and not much hope of anything happening so what does he think to himself? I need to do something to change the game in our favour, I have a big new guy on the bench who would be looking to impress I could stick him on with Mullin and Clarke and see how it goes. But what does the fallen genius do, takes off Clarke ignores new striker Folawiyo Onbuje and goes back to last seasons failed tactic of Craney (who was crap again today) upfront. Then to top it all he brings on Rocky Williams, a dodgy centre back, in midfield.
Don't put us through much more of this Mr Coleman, last season was enough, you are managing Stanley on a shoestring we know but you haven't got a clue how to use what you have, go now before it's too late.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly

Last edited by Bagpuss; 09-08-2008 at 19:16.
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 19:46   #63
Senior Member+

Surprisingly, I have nothing to say about today as I've already voiced my opinion on the weaknesses we have, but some of the opinions on this thread have given me a good laugh.
Old 09-08-2008, 20:14   #64
Senior Member+

Just read on Bulls News, "Aldershot won their first game 'back' in the League at Accrington in front of 1,805 - 1,000 of them their own fans".

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 20:21   #65
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
Just read on Bulls News, "Aldershot won their first game 'back' in the League at Accrington in front of 1,805 - 1,000 of them their own fans".

Can anyone confirm or deny this?
I would have thought 400 at the most.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 09-08-2008, 20:26   #66
Senior Member+

My happiness at the first Home result at Hillsborough today has been virtually wiped out by today's defeat at The Crown. We should be scoring at least 2 goals per home match.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 20:26   #67
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
but some of the opinions on this thread have given me a good laugh.
What's the point in saying it's only the first game, lets wait and see. Coleman went back to sticking Craney up front and now his love child is fit he will get a game no matter where he plays, Coleman go now. Only thing that did surprise me was that Dunbavin wasn't brought on to replace Mullin but that's his surprise tactic for the next game.

Old 09-08-2008, 20:33   #68
Junior Member+

Well haggis its good to be a burnley fan and not a blue and -hit fan you watch your accy play cricket and the stanley go down with luton town
hyndburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 20:41   #69
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyndburn View Post
Well haggis its good to be a burnley fan and not a blue and -hit fan you watch your accy play cricket and the stanley go down with luton town
Tch Tch...just like your team= you r first post see's you open up with a negative comment -Burnley with a negative resultresult..
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 20:52   #70
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Surprisingly, I have nothing to say about today as I've already voiced my opinion on the weaknesses we have, but some of the opinions on this thread have given me a good laugh.

TM !!!...Did you notice that for most of the Game the entire team were absolutely 'FLAT'...and totally lacking in enthuiasm for the all-important task of getting a result..ANY result, from their first Match ?
This absence of Motivation and Application worries me much more than the Footballing skills on show!.
More worrying is the question..'Who can provide those players making up this afternoon's Team with this missing 'Zest' ?'...
'Is it' as Alfred.E. asked me after the Game 'Going to be a long, long Winter ?.
What do I say to The Stanley's No.1. Fan ??

yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 21:01   #71
God Member

Quote:
You might want to duck

This is the Accrington Stanley forum, banter is fine but it costs nothing to respect who's forum you are on. By all means if Stanley fans go on a Burnley forum and start gobbing off then by all means let fire with both barrels but as this is their forum they are entitled to take the pee out of any other team. If you can't take the flak stay out of the firing line.
Old 09-08-2008, 21:03   #72
God Member

Quote:
Well haggis its good to be a burnley fan and not a blue.
Hey Dave you've got a mate.....I presume this was written before this afternoons result?
Remind me of the score?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 21:05   #73
Senior Member+

Quote:
The legendary David Hargreaves may be a Rovers fan. My other team is Sheffield Wednesday hence the "Home Result". Blackburn always lose if I go there - even against Man City in their 1995 Championship Season.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 21:09   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Hey Dave you've got a mate.....I presume this was written before this afternoons result?
Remind me of the score?
Mick....Please move it before I am in deep trouble....I meant the Burnley result

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 21:18   #75
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

thought they bossed the first 20-25 mins, but nowt to show fer it, to take a striker off n put a muppet on just baffles me, then to wait until near the end (when chasing the game since before half time) before bringing on the Harlem Globe Trotter, just defies logic.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..