Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2009, 21:22   #46
Junior Member+

Re: todays game

Rochdale fans are not, on the whole, proud of our stewards and the heavy handed way they deal with the away fans. I always like to see the enthusiastic support from Accrington and the flags and banners looked great. I am sorry the day seemed to have been spoiled for some of you and I am not talking about the result.
On the pitch you played the same attacking football which we saw at your place earlier this season and gave us a good game. However, we just about deserved to win the three points. Good luck for the rest of the season and I hope you can improve your position in the table.
Dalenumber2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-01-2009, 00:07   #47
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalenumber2 View Post
Rochdale fans are not, on the whole, proud of our stewards and the heavy handed way they deal with the away fans. I always like to see the enthusiastic support from Accrington and the flags and banners looked great. I am sorry the day seemed to have been spoiled for some of you and I am not talking about the result.
On the pitch you played the same attacking football which we saw at your place earlier this season and gave us a good game. However, we just about deserved to win the three points. Good luck for the rest of the season and I hope you can improve your position in the table.
Wy thank you Dalenumber2 your first two comments i can a gree with!! but not the latter not so sure,we should have had at least 2 stone wall pens one for chopping down one of our players think it was john miles and one for hand ball both blaytent dont know why the ref didn't give em... now the STEWARDS or should i say morrons,that little lad was sat with my 2 with his Grandad!who was told he couldn't use his toy megaphone,what a bunch of power crazy *******.we all went to enjoy a good day watching the stanley never ever have i seen any trouble ,could under stand if some had been fighting with dale fans but the nearest dale fans are 100yds away,so in my mind its just over the top and being charged £42 for me and my 2 lads was well over the top like K,S,H we went to the ticket office no joy apart from you can sit in the family stand that we dont have although it's for home fans only,MUPPETS
Old 04-01-2009, 00:11   #48
mab
God Member

ps.. Nice to meet you both today K.S.H and CLAYTONRED faces to names
Old 04-01-2009, 10:21   #49

Having reached the half-way point in the season we have reached 22 points. This time last year we had 32 points. Food for thought!!
3rd.Div.North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:55   #50

I've just seen the goals from the game again on sky sports news and their second and third goals were very soft, i'm hopeing kenny isn't out for many more games and if he is i'm hoping coleman goes and gets a goalie on loan before anyting else. Good effort yesterday lads and if we could have scored the tap in just before they went up and scored the second i think we would have finally ended the spotland curse.
neilhaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:08   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Miles was very good today (especially in the 1st half) and I thought Turner did well, after being drafted in at the last minute.

We're really crying out for someone who can take chances in the box, because just as at Chester (and other games), we can't seem to turn chances into goals.
It would be worth Coley pursuing with Miles playing in that advanced central role that Craney used to fulfil, we looked dangerous when he took the defence on. As you say TM, just no one there to convert the chances. The lads played very well and deserved something from the game.
Phil Whalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:09   #52

i think we need a new goalkeeping coach and defensive coach look we had andy dibble top coach noting against jamie but need higher class in or if we dont its hello non league and good bye football league for a very long time.
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:22   #53
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
i think we need a new goalkeeping coach and defensive coach look we had andy dibble top coach noting against jamie but need higher class in or if we dont its hello non league and good bye football league for a very long time.
you can have peter schmeichel coaching dunbavin - if he isnt up to league 2 standard, no coach in the world will do it.

Please stop these short-sighted rants.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:29   #54

dav 007 ill put on what i think pal
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:59   #55
Junior Member+

Was at game yesterday, haven't made a game for about 2 months cos of work commitments, and lack of striker is obviously hurting us, however agree with previous posters that Kenny can't come back soon enough. No offence to Bav but he's not the same quality, although good on crosses, defence obviously have far less faith in him. Having said that have seen a lot worse reserve keepers in League 2! 1st time I've seen him this season and got to ask, does he usually take his own goal kicks and just has an injury problem, or does Phil always take them? That just causes trouble because Dale were always so much further up the pitch with no offside from the returning header, contrast to the Dale lad who pinged it all over the place.
Overall thought a good performance, at least for first 70 minutes, but just no striker, Jimmy a bit below par though, hopefully a one off!
lancsmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 13:42   #56

Not much more to add. Thought we were unlucky not to get something from the game. Was very impressed with Turner-hope he gets another chance soon. Once we bring a couple of players in, hopefully Gornell and Griffiths, and get Kenny back I'm sure we'll be fine.
BTLawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 18:06   #57
Senior Member+

I think people have summed up the game very well especially tin monkey. The stewards are cowards and i was one stood up and fully aware what would happen. However the stewards were COWARDS. They wouldnt come up and get you then kick you out the ground , they would wait till you walked down on your own for the toilet or to get a brew etc and then kick you out! I liked the way someone told the head steward they had bradford here soon, his face turned in a second!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 20:01   #58
mab
God Member

Just found this NewsNow: Loading story... i would say it totaly sums the game up from both sides
Old 04-01-2009, 22:22   #59
Senior Member+

we lack someone to get the flick ons from mullin if we had gornell he would of scored a few goals yesterday 1, the tap in, in the 2nd half were the balll went across the goal and no player in red could get a foot on it and 1 in the first half were mullin flicked it on and no-one was there and the keeper picked it up! i think turner played really well on the wing for his first full start he should play more often, grant played well on his first start since injury but he lacked the through balls no-one would play the balls to him that he wanted, and you could see him getting mad! jimmy ryan works 110% every game he is a quailty player he plays well in the middle and on the wing! we lacked the goal scorer yesterday!

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..