Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2009, 18:42   #1
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Lancashire Rivals

Hi fellas,

I've been asked to help out with a new website called LancashireRivals which is a forum dedicated to banter between Wigan, Bolton, Blackburn, Burnley, Blackpool, Preston, Morecambe & Accrington fans.

The site is literally a couple of days old so we are looking to encourage new members to join. We are also of course looking for a variety of admin and moderators from all clubs.

If the editor of this site wants their own link on our website just let me know.

Hope this message is ok, any questions just ask. Cheers.

Lancashire Rivals • Index page
Tony Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-01-2009, 20:12   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Lancashire Rivals

Just a minor point here, Bolton and Wigan are not in Lancashire

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 20:39   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Try telling that to the natives of Bolton and Wigan
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 21:28   #4
Super Moderator

What about Bury and Rochdale?
Old 12-01-2009, 21:48   #5

wigan 20 miles from m/c approx,bolton 17 miles approx,rochdale 14 miles.bury 12 miles.How could anyone some years ago annexe these cities to make them greater manchester,i'm South African and even a numbnuts like me knows they will always be lancashire to the people from these cities.I have a mate who goes balistic when someone says they are from manchester and when asked where they were born say Wigan or Bolton,rochdale,bury etc.He's from ancoats and a true manc who supports man city,sad i know but the saying is that a true mancunian is a city fan.How would we in accy and burnley feel if we were classed as greater Blackburn,perish the thought lol.

ACCY TILL I DIE.:d o-one:
afrikaaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 22:01   #6

As a after thought i asked Grimps where wigan was,he consulted his sat nav and set off and duely ended up in salford.The moral of this story is that you should never trust Grimps to get you to a match on time.lo

ACCY TILL I DIE.
afrikaaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 22:27   #7

Cool Re: Lancashire Rivals

nice just been on lancs rivals. i can get lost going for a run never mine them sat nav .( all i can say is southport) .you will all find out next time south africa is on) its fun getting lost.
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 22:28   #8
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrikaaner View Post
wigan 20 miles from m/c approx,bolton 17 miles approx,rochdale 14 miles.bury 12 miles.How could anyone some years ago annexe these cities to make them greater manchester,i'm South African and even a numbnuts like me knows they will always be lancashire to the people from these cities.I have a mate who goes balistic when someone says they are from manchester and when asked where they were born say Wigan or Bolton,rochdale,bury etc.He's from ancoats and a true manc who supports man city,sad i know but the saying is that a true mancunian is a city fan.How would we in accy and burnley feel if we were classed as greater Blackburn,perish the thought lol.

FUNNY YOU SHOULD SAY THAT AFRKAANER
Old 12-01-2009, 22:46   #9
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
or Bury and RochdaleMap of North West England - Visit Lancashire
Old 12-01-2009, 23:33   #10
Junior Member+

Cheers to all those that have signed up so far.
Tony Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 23:43   #11
Senior Member+

Talking Re: Lancashire Rivals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redash View Post
Try telling that to the natives of Bolton and Wigan
Being that I live in the afore mentioned Wigan, I take great delight in telling them that they are Mancs or worse still closet scousers (they hate that even more). But when all is said and done, there are 6 Lancashire league teams - Blackburn, Burnley, Preston, Blackpool, Morecambe and the best of all Accrington Stanley. Nuff said

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Old 12-01-2009, 23:46   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrikaaner View Post

It will NEVER happen - Accrington will take in the Rossendale valley and possibly the Ribble Valley, Burnley will take in Pendle and Nelson/Colne and all points east

Old 13-01-2009, 13:31   #13
Senior Member+

I think that you will find there are 15 Lancashire clubs in the League/Premiership:

Bury/Rochdale/Oldham/Wigan/Burnley/Blackburn/t'Stanley/Morecambe/Blackpool/t'North End/Man Utd/Liverpool/Everton/Man City/Bolton

I hope i'm wrong and have missed some out. No other county has as many. No other county has as many in the Premiership. Lancashire Leads.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 16:51   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
I think that you will find there are 15 Lancashire clubs in the League/Premiership:

Bury/Rochdale/Oldham/Wigan/Burnley/Blackburn/t'Stanley/Morecambe/Blackpool/t'North End/Man Utd/Liverpool/Everton/Man City/Bolton

I hope i'm wrong and have missed some out. No other county has as many. No other county has as many in the Premiership. Lancashire Leads.
You Did Bob Tranmere
Old 13-01-2009, 17:47   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You Did Bob Tranmere
Not according to mab's map...
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..