Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-01-2009, 23:32   #91
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: about message board ?

the world is full of "IFs" a two letter word with much scope, the pantomime season is over, christmas is ended. carry on, let other readers decide.
Old 26-01-2009, 06:03   #92
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
Posted via Mobile Device me grow up! Thats abit rich aint it! Yeh we cant afford them but the players we have might read this boared and the amount of negativity of the club and the players! That this boared says is amazing! Ok than if they come on loan and here about it from other players and read it than it not right encouragein whats wrote is it!
They might as well stop playing football if they are looking for a club where the fans all behave like robots and think everything in the garden is rosy. I would think a fans message board is the last thing they would look at when signing for a club. Besides ever heard of google ?

This forum is actually very tame compared to most clubs, and shows the fans do give a toss. However because they give a toss doesn't mean they should be walked over, as you get a bit older and learn about economics you will find out that the money they pay is hard earned and they have a right to voice opinions if a business wants there support. Football clubs though take advantage of not being a normal business and 'use' the loyalty factor.
Old 26-01-2009, 07:16   #93
Senior Member+

Posted via Mobile Device yeah i agree its and open forum people can voice their opinions of the club and players on here if they like! But whats the positive things on here been posted about the club lately! The draw at bradford? The spotsmans dinner even that turned negative!
MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2009, 07:25   #94
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device yeah i agree its and open forum people can voice their opinions of the club and players on here if they like! But whats the positive things on here been posted about the club lately! The draw at bradford? The spotsmans dinner even that turned negative!
i can see nothing negative in the sportsmans dinner thread, the only place anything else was said was in this thread after YOU commented that people should support the club by putting hand in pocket, n to me the comments were hardly negative, just stating fact with the recession. you really are a silly child.
Old 26-01-2009, 07:30   #95
Super Moderator

The sportsmans dinner thread looks pretty positive to me...or have I missed something?

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ner-44856.html

Other recent threads that have been fairly positive have been the away draw at Bradford and the three for the price of two match deal (although admittedly the latter doesn't seem to have worked!).

People WILL make positive comments when there's something to be positive about!

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 26-01-2009 at 07:33.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2009, 08:02   #96
Senior Member+

Posted via Mobile Device we have a good footballing side! Have some really good players jimmy ryan, ewards, charnock, p mullin, turner! Were playing better football this season! Would you want someone else to take over the club who could possible run us into debt which we couldnt pay due to the gates we get! Everyone on here knows no matter what happens to the club league 2 or blue square will stil support them!
Old 26-01-2009, 08:31   #97
Super Moderator

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device we have a good footballing side! Have some really good players jimmy ryan, ewards, charnock, p mullin, turner! Were playing better football this season! Would you want someone else to take over the club who could possible run us into debt which we couldnt pay due to the gates we get! Everyone on here knows no matter what happens to the club league 2 or blue square will stil support them!
Yes, we do have some good players, but overall the team just aren't cutting it. Not surprising really, considering the budget Coley has to work with, and therein lies the problem...Eric originally said he would step down once he had got us back into the league. He should have done so and handed the reins over to someone who would invest money in the club in order to strengthen the playing staff and improve the facilities so that an afternoon at Stanley would be a more attractive proposition for locals.

And, yes, Mcr Adim, if the club go down to the Blue Square, I'll still be there, you'll still be there, but I fear that many more won't!
Old 26-01-2009, 08:49   #98
Senior Member+

Posted via Mobile Device finally we both agree eric did say he would step down! If he did this in the summer we first got promoted it would of attracked alot of investment! Stanley famous little club in football league etc! I think just better facilites would be good as anyone read the training session paul mullins son did with the club when it started raining hard etc it finshed! Now if we he indoor pitches. Gym etc the could of carryed on! We would be able to attrack more players with these facilites! I read in the paper the club were working with the council to build our own training ground! It be hard to attrack new investment now with the current goings on with money!
Old 26-01-2009, 09:46   #99
Super Moderator

Despite the present economic situation, there are still people around who are investing in football clubs and, as you say, Stanley is a highly attractive proposition thanks to its famous name. Eric should put the club up for sale at a reasonable price and see what happens. The present situation where Eric wants investment, but still wants to control everything seems destined to attract no one.

And even if he doesn't sell, there are still many ways that the club could improve its relationship with its supporters...but the club don't want to know, because they can't accept criticism.
Old 26-01-2009, 11:04   #100
God Member

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Devicenothing wrong with that chant! Eric proberly joins in! Am nt saying you have to stand in the middle of us are right next to the drum! There is from cornor to cornor to stand at aint there! What about the cowshed fans what if they dont want sits in there because they like standing in same position they have done for years! The club cant win!

Well any common sense would say - how about we meet with the supporters so this could be discussed without upset but in order to reach a comprimise

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2009, 11:15   #101
God Member

What happened to the grant?? i know a fair bit went on the lovely control room [thats the most positive bit of the club - other than shultzy of course] but thought the rest was for the stand?

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2009, 11:45   #102
Senior Member+

Quote:
we have a good footballing side! Have some really good players jimmy ryan, ewards, charnock, p mullin, turner! Were playing better football this season!
I wonder if you could let us have your thoughts on (1) why we didn't beat Barnet, and (2) why there were only 1056 people at the FES on a day when there was no counter-attraction at Blackburn or Burnley.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2009, 12:00   #103

sick off wasting money watching non league at fes so i and 3 others when to bradford park av to watch non league eastwood town
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2009, 12:28   #104
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
sick off wasting money watching non league at fes so i and 3 others when to bradford park av to watch non league eastwood town
you see this is a prime example of "diehards" not getting their own way as they would if we were non-league so they dont go! stop chucking your toys out of the pram just becuase the club arnt doing things the way you want them e.g seats we dont want them in the clayton end but the club dont listen so we aint going! non league football at the fes would that be the same non league team that drew against one of the top 3 sides in the league (yes it was away from home but so what) if your a diehard than you go every game despite what you think of eric and the backroom staff

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

Old 26-01-2009, 13:43   #105

I always thought that the aim of a forum was for fans to air their thoughts on how their team are doing or not doing as the case may be.wether it's praising the teams performance or saying what they think about a poor one the majority of accy fans who use this forum do so because they care about the direction it's heading.It's now the third season of the same standard of inconsistent form where we rely on other teams results,a select few seem to enjoy slagging off anyone who dares to criticise the management etc!.I don't have to name names,they know who they are,i know monies tight and it's hard to attract new players but at the end of the day these performances reflect on management,tactics etc.Coleman should think himself lucky that eric holds him in such esteem because other managers have been sacked for just one season of bad results let alone what we've had to put up with for nearly 3 seasons.Constructive critisism is good for a football club e.g ACCY, but when the club cuts off it's own fans forum from its' main website it makes the fans think they couldn't give a toss what the fans who pay their hard earned money to watch Accy think.Until things improve nothing will change and the criticisms will go on,it's the few who think the management right upto the chairman can do no wrong who spoil this forum because they can't stand anyone else having a point of view if it doesn't coinside with theirs.I rest my case

ACCY TILL I DIE.
afrikaaner is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..