Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2009, 17:24   #1

Dean winnard

I have watched this lad play in our last 2 resrve games........He was absolute class and head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch (including any of the Sundetrland players). Apparently he is being released by Blackburn ( see ling below).

The only downside is he has a trial at Doncaster and I will be amazed if they don't offer him something.

I'm sure Coley will have seen just how good he is........

PLEASE SIGN HIM!!!!

Blackburn Rovers | Team | Reserve Profiles | Dean Winnard
jiffy bag is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-04-2009, 17:35   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Dean winnard

Some of the Burnley youth players have not been given a pro contract and are getting released! On the Burnley forum they are saying that one of the lads who didnt get a contract should of and its another lose like Chris Turner when they let him go and now he playing brilliantly with us.

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 20:27   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
Some of the Burnley youth players have not been given a pro contract and are getting released! On the Burnley forum they are saying that one of the lads who didnt get a contract should of and its another lose like Chris Turner when they let him go and now he playing brilliantly with us.

Presumably you mean Dan Brown ?

The problem with kids of that age and may have been the case with Chris Turner is that they have to show the potential at the time the decisions are being made, and with any 16 yr old in any walk of life some take a bit longer to learn than others.

Sometimes the knock back may just make them try a bit harder. I suspect a lot of the young kids think because they have been signed on youth terms they have made it, far from it, very few actually do make it.

In some ways it's harder for people like Adam Kay who was given his first contract as a pro yet not had a chance becasue of the successful season at Burnley. How the eck are you supposed to impress the boss in those circumstances ? It's one of the reasons they go out on loan but of course the recent run Stanley have had means he hasn't had a chance there yet either.

Does anybody know if the Stanley youth team have anybody likely to stay on ?
Old 01-04-2009, 21:40   #4
Senior Member+

Yeh i do mean him alot of people on the forum seem to rate him highly! I have not seen him play as i aint Burnley Fan just i look on thier forum now and again and know a few people who say he is a very good player and they where gutted when he did not get a Pro contract. Proberly the people who were on the bench the past couple of weeks will get them!

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 16:18   #5

I would say Alan Burton is in line to stay.......Burey also (although he hasn't impressed me) and possibly Adam Strode.
jiffy bag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009, 12:14   #6
Resting In Peace

Dean Winnard today signed for Stanley. See fishy site Accrington Stanley
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009, 12:26   #7
God Member

Smile Re: Dean winnard

Lets hope that Jiffy Bag is a good scout as it was on his recommendation that Coley signed him

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009, 22:50   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiffy bag View Post
I would say Alan Burton is in line to stay.......Burey also (although he hasn't impressed me) and possibly Adam Strode.
The only two from the youth who are staying is Alan Burton and Bee Ami. Bevan Burey was told in May that he was not being offered a contract (I personally think this is a mistake as he looked useful to me, but what do I know!) as for Adam I am not sure.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2009, 08:11   #9
Senior Member+

Winnard looks a useful player, but he's only 5' 9" and we all know the size of the strikers in League 2. However, Phil Edwards isn't the biggest of players, but he still wins the majority of headers.

If Winnard has the footballing brain of Edwards then we're on to a winner.
Old 20-06-2009, 08:15   #10
Senior Member+

We also need height in the opposition penalty area to pose a threat at set pieces. At the moment only Proccy and Paul Mullin could be target men.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2009, 09:48   #11
Senior Member+

Target men in the oppo penalty area at corners are only useful when the corner taker can put it on their nut!!!! And consistantly too.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2009, 10:36   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Winnard looks a useful player, but he's only 5' 9" ...
Is Coley shrinking then?

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2009, 12:53   #13
Senior Member+

I believe Kieran Charnock is 5' 11'.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2009, 12:53   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
Is Coley shrinking then?

He's stood on a box there.

Got the info from the Rovers site
Blackburn Rovers | Team | 1st Team Profiles | Dean Winnard
Old 20-06-2009, 13:07   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
I believe Kieran Charnock is 5' 11'.
Although not at Peterborough - Peterborough United | Team | First Team | Kieran Charnock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
He's stood on a box there.
You may be right, it works wonders for Willie Carson and Nicholas Sarkosy,
does it affect his mobility, though?

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..