Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-04-2009, 09:37   #1
Senior Member+

Thank you from the club

I was asked at the end of last night to post a big thank you on here to all who have turned up to help the club with the seats and ground works. It was fantastic to see so many people there last night all there for one reason only, to help our club.
The fact that the majority of those screwing down the seats (including myself) would rather the clayton end was left alone, still turned up to help says somthing about the sense of belonging and joy that we all get from being Stanley fans.

Some people will be turning up again today and tonight to help out and we are planning another "big night out" at the ground on Monday afternoon /night to help out where possible. If you want to be part of somthing big then pop along and bolt with pride!!!!!

Loweiy
Old 24-04-2009, 10:11   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Thank you from the club

thats good, shame the club couldn't thank those people themselves on here though.
Old 24-04-2009, 11:08   #3
Senior Member+

I was asked by mick to do it as they have the FA , the league,Lancs CC and HBC all at the ground today inspecting so they are just a tad busy!!!

Loweiy
Old 24-04-2009, 12:02   #4
God Member

I will try to get down on Monday evening, what time will people be doing it till??

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2009, 12:46   #5
Senior Member+

about 8ish if required

I will post on here after match on sat what is left to do

Loweiy
Old 24-04-2009, 17:17   #6
Senior Member+

Posted via Mobile Device
Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2009, 17:51   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
what was posted by mobile device?
Old 24-04-2009, 18:05   #8
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
thats good, shame the club couldn't thank those people themselves on here though.
I agree even Southern Red seems to have been silenced these days, which is a shame but when Eric says jump...............

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2009, 18:59   #9
Senior Member+

Fan power is an amazing asset to any club, especially one strapped for resources, we have seen great results at the Cricket Club using the support of the die hard fans, from screwing seats down to painting and even welding in a new floor for the roller! It gives a great sense of satisfaction and belonging, plus obviously it just wouldn't have got done otherwise!
Hope the Club sees fit to reward those of you who have worked so hard for this.
Old 25-04-2009, 00:29   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loweiy View Post
I was asked by mick to do it as they have the FA , the league,Lancs CC and HBC all at the ground today inspecting so they are just a tad busy!!!

Loweiy
you may fall fer that hogwash loweiy, i don't! yes i know they are busy, but a couple of mins to post a thank you? on yer bike.
Old 25-04-2009, 09:59   #11

Does it really matter how the Thankyou was made? Does it really matter who posted it? The fact is that someone at the club actually thought to thank those of us who did & will turn up to help our club.

I for one couldn't care less how the Thankyou was made and have the good grace to accept it!
Thin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 10:29   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
you may fall fer that hogwash loweiy, i don't! yes i know they are busy, but a couple of mins to post a thank you? on yer bike.

The people who did the work didn't do it for a thank you on a website, they did it for the love of their club

Mountains from molehills yet again....
Old 25-04-2009, 10:58   #13
God Member

Smile Re: Thank you from the club

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins View Post
The people who did the work didn't do it for a thank you on a website, they did it for the love of their club

Must agree with you John , but as I have just posted in the "Sitting/Chesterfield" post, its just a communication thing, like Cashy said, it would not have taken long for the man in charge of this project (SR - I believe) to have dropped people a line... Not having a go just saying, thats all. The silence from the club recently has been deafening

ON STANLEY

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 11:27   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins View Post

i know why people did it john, take yer rose tinted bins off though, its called simply good manners. p.s. love is a 2 way thing, but only 1 way here, the club do not love you no matter how you delude yerself, fans are just cash cows n commodities to be used when it suits.

Last edited by cashman; 25-04-2009 at 11:31.
cashman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2009, 18:16   #15
Senior Member+

we are turning up again on Monday night if any of you are free to help the more the merrier

Loweiy

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..