Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-06-2009, 18:24   #16
God Member

Re: G.G.G. Granville!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I suspect Granville's role may be the more taxing of the two

Does anyone know if he is a local lad, by that I mean local to my lot not yours
He is indeed local, from over these parts
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-06-2009, 18:32   #17
God Member

Branding is a very important area and one that must be sympathetic to the Club!

It must start on our own doorstep, I am intrigued by the Link up with Belle Vue, brings back memories of Seedhill & Stockcars
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2009, 18:53   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
I am intrigued by the Link up with Belle Vue,
.. who was said that Stanley had gone to the dogs
Old 25-06-2009, 21:48   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
He is indeed local, from over these parts
Must be the one I know then
Old 25-06-2009, 23:33   #20
God Member

Welcome aboard to you both.... great news indeed

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2009, 12:17   #21
Senior Member+

With Buy The House closing their office in Accrington, I assume this would mean another sponsorship problem for the club? We're going to have to work very hard to get money streaming into the club.
Old 28-06-2009, 16:10   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
With Buy The House closing their office in Accrington, I assume this would mean another sponsorship problem for the club? We're going to have to work very hard to get money streaming into the club.
I don't know, 2 players signed, 2 more on the horizon possibly, 3 others re-signed for 2 years and yet we owe the taxmen 300K. There must be new money in the club.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2009, 16:28   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
I don't know, 2 players signed, 2 more on the horizon possibly, 3 others re-signed for 2 years and yet we owe the taxmen 300K. There must be new money in the club.
Very possibly, but I meant the club generating its own income.
Old 28-06-2009, 17:24   #24
God Member

Smile Re: G.G.G. Granville!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Haven't they still got the one in Ossy TM? Not that far away from Accy, so they could still sponsor us - couldn't they??? Just a thought?? We will have to wait for the club to let us know...

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2009, 17:39   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
We will have to wait for the club to let us know...
Good point Valairian. I'll add it to my 'waiting for...' list, right alongside 'Hell freezing over' and Juliette Binoche paying me a booty call.
Old 28-06-2009, 17:43   #26
God Member

Come on now TM, we have a new regime installed at Stanley now, lets give them a chance

Old 29-06-2009, 15:17   #27

Let's hope that the two of them are creative thinking people. We have had other's who have come on board in the Commercial Dept and left without making much of a contribution. Raising money for, and running a football club is different than normal business.
Commercial managers at football clubs are usually a rare breed, and move around in small circles.
GGGG certainly as a name that should be remembered.
Good luck to them both I fear that they will need it.
Long time red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2009, 20:33   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long time red View Post
We have had other's who have come on board in the Commercial Dept and left without making much of a contribution.
Does anyone know the terms on which these two have been "appointed"?

Are they full-time contracted employees? Or volunteers? Or some other status?

I can find no mention of this in the announcement on the ASFC website.

And is Toni Ainsworth now history?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2009, 20:49   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Does anyone know the terms on which these two have been "appointed"?

Are they full-time contracted employees? Or volunteers? Or some other status?

I can find no mention of this in the announcement on the ASFC website.

And is Toni Ainsworth now history?
Here is the link RR

Behind the scenes
Thursday 25th Jun 2009

New faces
Accrington Stanley are delighted to formally introduce two additional people who have been lending a hand with the behind the scenes operations here at the club over the last few months.

Granville Thompson has already been involved with the club as we have looked to begin to introduce greater financial control and monitoring at Accrington Stanley. He brings with him a wealth of experience in financial management and will now take on full responsibility for implementing these systems throughout all the departments at the club. The new processes put in place will give us up to the minute accurate financial information which is essential as we look to go forward. Speaking about his role Granville said "It has been a challenge to get everything up and running and in place but the things we are doing are an important part of stabilising the club and then making sure that we progress."

Another new face at the club recently has been Marcelle Lazarus, who has been looking to develop the Accrington Stanley brand and raise the profile of the club around the country with her many contacts in the world of football and beyond. Marcelle has a background in mobile phones, having built up a large portfolio of sizable companies and high profile footballers. She has close links with Manchester City, Bolton Wanderers, Liverpool, Coventry City and a host of other league clubs as well as local speedway side Belle Vue Aces, indeed one of her first Google Page Ranking activities has been to organise a link up between Belle Vue and the football club. Speaking about her involvement with the club Marcelle said "At the moment the club is somewhat undersold, I know that with some positive involvement we can really develop the name and the brand of Accrington Stanley." She added "I have a very simple philosophy towards life, when you stay happy and focussed on what you want to achieve everything has knack of working out the way you want it too. I have worked with the Dan, Rob and David at the club now over the last 6 months or so and am looking forward to really getting stuck into moving things forward."

Chief Executive Rob Heys welcomed the pair's involvment in the club "Both Granville and Marcelle have already been a big help to us here at the club in recent weeks and months, they've given up a lot of their time to help us over what has been a dificult period and now things have settled a little we are really looking forward to having the opportunity to be a bit more strategic in our outlook, rather than simply fighting fires from day to day."

Not sure about Toni...

Old 30-06-2009, 21:53   #30
God Member

toni was in this months Nuts or Zoo in the 'True Confessions' bit, summat about meeting her boyfriend in the showers .....

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..