Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-08-2009, 16:42   #31

Re: Paul Mullin

if we get 25,000 its good money pays taxman . 35 years old . top man good luck accycombe fc
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-08-2009, 17:01   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Good business, we have had the best of him. Good Luck in the future...

A legend, but Accrington Stanley FC have a new chapter starting today......

In Coleman I Trust
Pretty much echo this statement, I think when we play with Paul upfront, we tend to play Hoof-Ball, and this does'nt work for us at all, we play our best football on the ground, There's no arguing what Paul has done for the club, excellent servant, but I think it's time for a new appproach for the team.

Good luck Muller's!
Mik Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 17:42   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
if we get 25,000 its good money pays taxman . 35 years old . top man good luck accycombe fc
I doubt if we'd pay that amount for him. In fact I'd think it more likely we've taken the guy of your wage bill and handed over only a modest fee...if in fact a fee at all!
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 18:48   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christies Child View Post
I doubt if we'd pay that amount for him. In fact I'd think it more likely we've taken the guy of your wage bill and handed over only a modest fee...if in fact a fee at all!
I'd agree with that CC. A good move all round and I think it's the best for everyone. Always sad when a true legend moves on, but hopefully this will herald another chapter of our new dawn (whatever that brings in the short term).

Last edited by Tin Monkey; 31-08-2009 at 18:52.
Tin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 19:24   #35
Senior Member+

Do we read anything into the fact that the front of his shirt appears to read "Bench"?

Good luck Paul, and thanks for all you did for the Stanley. Top man - welcome back any time.

Last edited by Div3North; 31-08-2009 at 19:25. Reason: Mis-typed
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 19:46   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christies Child View Post
Rub salt into the wound why don't you - whatever you've paid for Paul you've definately got a bargain and your gain is definately our loss.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 21:56   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Rub salt into the wound why don't you - whatever you've paid for Paul you've definately got a bargain and your gain is definately our loss.
Sorry AccyMad, certainly no harm intended.
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2009, 22:22   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimper View Post
I think the 'loan' window is still open isn't it?
Transfer window is open until 5pm tomorrow. The 'Loan' window usually opens a week after for football league clubs.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:48   #39
pud

Mullin has always given us a hard time in the past so i am quite happy he is not going to be playing against us on sat but in the long run i do think this is the best think for stanley.

you can use the money (wages to maybe tap up blackburn or burnley for a striker on loan or dare i say liverpool or everton) who can score at a better rate than mullin has done over the last 2 seasons as for an outsider looking in without having any affection for a fan favourite i think its a good deal and i hope i am proved right and you do finish above morecambe
pud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:19   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Couldn't bear seeing Mullers play against us. I hope no idiot gives him stick when he does.
I reckon there's absolutely no chance whatsoever of that happening. We have our rivalries but we know that Stanley fans know their foootball, support their team properly and respect their legends, whoever they go on to play for.

I'd be staggered if anyone from Accy did anything other than give him a very loud and warm reception when we play you.

Don't worry about him getting stick - it won't happen.
shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:35   #41
Senior Member+

Agent Mullin your task is now clear good luck and gods speed!
Old 01-09-2009, 10:39   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loweiy View Post
Are you real loweiy? ya just blown his cover.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:53   #43
God Member

Sad to see a Stanley legend go, but times move on and so do players....

But will always remember Paul Mullin aka Mr Accy Stanley .. Mr Shrimper really doesn't have the same ring

Good luck Paul and thanks but please get another neck strain when it comes to the stanley match please

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 13:04   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by loweiy View Post

shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 13:20   #45

Hard to imagine a better 'club man' than Paul Mullin. I hope that Paul realises that the Stanley fans say goodbye to PM the player with a deal of appreciation and affection (in a manly sort of way of course !). Who knows, when he stops playing we might value Paul in a different role back at Stanley. Hope the club can give him a decent testimonial.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..