Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2009, 21:41   #61

Re: vs DARLINGTON

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLostSon View Post
first line of previous post seems to have got scrambled - can't repeat as don't recall what I said - not touched a drop yet, honest. Good exposure on skysports news tonight - what do you all reckon to regular Friday home games ?
Don't be silly we might get good attendances then. However the feeling from some fans that I spoke to was that they would attend on a Friday if their team wasn't playing on that day. Stanley should do something to maintain thse fans, apart from the Villa fan as I think that's a no go for him :P
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-09-2009, 21:45   #62
Senior Member+

i personally love friday night football. More fans and more likley to have a sky spot.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 21:53   #63
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Good 3 pts won tonight as Yonmon says ON STANLEY ON.

'ON STANLEY ON !....ON!!!.....ONnnnnnnnnnnnn !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 22:00   #64
Senior Member+

Hit the post and bar on 5 seperate occasions, yes 2nd half was squeaky bum time, but the important thing is we got 3 points and decent crowd of 3228, even if we keep 10 of those who came tonight, then move all home matches to Friday night please. Good idea to put the away fans in the cow shed so some could sit and other stand in the coppice corner of the Whinney Hill side. Please do that again, although please keep Mick Shultz informed, he was pulling what hair he had left because no-one from the club had told him until this morning that was the plan of action for supporters. Could and should have put Darlington outa sight in the first half and the equaliser was sloppy defending. But be positive, 3 points is what matters and a boost towards survival. On Stanley On again and again.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 22:00   #65

My first Stanley match approx. 7yrs ago I supported a prem team. The bug got me and I'm Stanley till I die.

I wonder and hope this has happened to others at the game tonight.
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 22:04   #66

What a good night and a good result,ultras never stopped singing again, lots of new faces,lots of young kids for the future. Does anyone know what ticket(s) won the bucket draw? Kee made the difference, I thought Dunbavin looked a bit shakey but overall a fair team performance against poor opposition.
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 22:07   #67
God Member

Thanks to all who came, it was a really good atmosphere.
We deserved our win and I thought Andy Procter was brilliant. I'm happy for Billy Kee, hopefully tonight's was the first of many.
Well done Reds.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 22:09   #68
Member.

I missed all of the second; hoped for BBC Lancs Coverage in the car, but no.....But not to worry, 2 -1 on the day and a fantastic crowd to boot. On Stanley On, and may they all come back again.

On Stanley....fight On....

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 22:16   #69
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device great nite even tho had to shout about the hoofing tho, thats where we lost a bit, we play better on the floor. But a strong performance and never give up was the kee hehe sorry to pun it lol. Couldn't hear any tannoy announcements the ultras n clayton end drowned it out completely lol.
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 22:18   #70
Member.

Who won the signed Shirt.....

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 22:29   #71
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i was amazed at the substitution....... unless Miles took a knock? was crying out fer "KEE", but thought Miles was having a great match. still alls well that ends well.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:57   #72
Senior Member+

Symes Darlo Paper's Man of the Match.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/spo..._Darlington_1/

Very pleased for him that he is doing so well.

We appear to play in a much improved way with him in the team which appears to be contributing to our good form now as it did crucially last season.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:53   #73
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

seems a pretty fair report from darlington, the scoring out of 10 fer stanley i can agree also.
Old 12-09-2009, 22:04   #74
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Thanks to all who came, it was a really good atmosphere.
We deserved our win and I thought Andy Procter was brilliant. I'm happy for Billy Kee, hopefully tonight's was the first of many.
Well done Reds.
And I'm certain Shakey that I wasn't the only one impressed by the mature performance of young Tom Lees !.....Intelligent, Fast, and a good reader of the game!!.
A Star in the making ???.....

'ON STANLEY!!....ON!!!'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 23:37   #75
Full Member+

Absolutely agree, Yonman, Lees was very impressive (was that his home debut , I've been hols ?). He reminds me of a young Keith Newton if that is not too much praise at this stage of his career. Always pressing forward. I like that back line of Lees, Edwards, Kempson, Winnard - has the makings of a solid back four.
Also thought Symes played well holding up the ball and bringing other players into play. He had a great chance in the second half and he really deserved a goal but he seemed too eager and blasted the ball to err ...Rishton, I think. Anyway, was impressed with his play , he looked much more confident than the last time I saw him.
Must also mention Miles. He had one of those games where every time he got the ball it looked like something was gonna happen. He set up the first goal for Procter and on a several of occasions he went charging at the opposition with bewildering footwork. Love it when he plays like that he's great to watch. One of these days he's gonna score a corker that we'll remember for a long time
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..