Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-09-2009, 21:37   #61
God Member

Re: vs Crewe Alex

Excellent game with some good goals, howling defending but keep winning it keeps Stanley on the upward spiral and keeps thinks positive in the best way possible.

Hopefully the fans who have helped out from other clubs and neutrals with their prescence at the Crown Ground helping to swell numbers in the last two games will see something to keep them coming back
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-09-2009, 21:41   #62
God Member

Great goals, great game. Well done red men.

Thought Andy Procter was magnificent from start to finish. Tom Lees had a mega first half, he's definitely one to watch for the future.

I like Footy Fridays...
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2009, 21:43   #63
Member.

Well Done Stanley, a night to be proud of, pity about Crewe's last two but hey, 3 points at this stage of the game. Wish I could have been there tonight. Let's have more of this Stanley.....Play up.....

On Stanley On...

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2009, 21:44   #64
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Great goals, great game. Well done red men.

Thought Andy Procter was magnificent from start to finish. Tom Lees had a mega first half, he's definitely one to watch for the future.

I like Footy Fridays...
so do we. thought proccy deserved man of match, but would have been no complaints if any of em had got it.
Old 25-09-2009, 21:46   #65

top game but **** back 4 for use and crap team crewe.crewe keeper **** drop him next game 3 pts loved it
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2009, 22:00   #66
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

On sky sports news now
Old 25-09-2009, 22:05   #67
Senior Member+

Great game, pity the announcer couldn't see who scored our second goal and announced it as Bobby Grant (who IMHO was my man of the match) when clearly Symes scored it. At least Accy Webbers got the correct news. Both goalies had howling matches to be honest. And for those that say Dunbavin is no good, Alan Martin wasn't up to much tonight. At fault for the third goal and not much help with the other 2. But the one thing that really p***** me off is the programme notes from our esteemed Chairperson D'ON. To quote " I seem to refer to the ASSF every time I write my notes and today is no different as once again the fund is homing in on the media hype that surrounds us. I will not enter a verbal crossfire in the local or national press with this group and I hope it will become obvious at some point to our fans why negotiation has not been taken to another level. It is often said that talk is cheap and sometimes to say nothing is a sign of inner strength of being totally focussed, all I will say is ASSF and Mr Khan, you had your chance to prove to our fans that the club is bigger than anyone when we were in court on the 2nd Sept, had you stepped up to the mark I would have handed you control of the club, you did nothing and would have let the club be wound up, that was the easy way out for you as everyone would just blame me, well I think it is time to either come on board and help your club that so may people are doing (unconditionally) or stay away from our limelight and let the true fans and the community of Hyndburn save the club they love" - I foresee trouble ahead. I cannot believe D o'N has said this. At no time has Ilyas Khan stated he wanted to take over the club, he is just asking for some form of return for the money he is prepared to invest, I don't think you can say fairer than that.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2009, 22:18   #68
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

thats a bit rich, the Don entered no verbal crossfire himself at the club meeting with fans, in fact never gave a straight answer to many questions, were has been the dialouge with the true fans n community of hyndburn as he puts it.
Old 25-09-2009, 22:20   #69
Junior Member+

Just got back.

First of all well done on the three points and what a game it was! the neutrals that were present certainly got value for money

I honestly can not be bothered to talk about our performace as we where woeful and not to mention the two respective keepers.

Grant & Symes impressed me though!

Decent attendance alround, how many fans would you say we had?

Good luck for the rest of the season and with the fundraising.
CreweFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2009, 22:21   #70
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Great game, pity the announcer couldn't see who scored our second goal and announced it as Bobby Grant (who IMHO was my man of the match) when clearly Symes scored it. At least Accy Webbers got the correct news. Both goalies had howling matches to be honest. And for those that say Dunbavin is no good, Alan Martin wasn't up to much tonight. At fault for the third goal and not much help with the other 2. But the one thing that really p***** me off is the programme notes from our esteemed Chairperson D'ON. To quote " I seem to refer to the ASSF every time I write my notes and today is no different as once again the fund is homing in on the media hype that surrounds us. I will not enter a verbal crossfire in the local or national press with this group and I hope it will become obvious at some point to our fans why negotiation has not been taken to another level. It is often said that talk is cheap and sometimes to say nothing is a sign of inner strength of being totally focussed, all I will say is ASSF and Mr Khan, you had your chance to prove to our fans that the club is bigger than anyone when we were in court on the 2nd Sept, had you stepped up to the mark I would have handed you control of the club, you did nothing and would have let the club be wound up, that was the easy way out for you as everyone would just blame me, well I think it is time to either come on board and help your club that so may people are doing (unconditionally) or stay away from our limelight and let the true fans and the community of Hyndburn save the club they love" - I foresee trouble ahead. I cannot believe D o'N has said this. At no time has Ilyas Khan stated he wanted to take over the club, he is just asking for some form of return for the money he is prepared to invest, I don't think you can say fairer than that.
Why do we do it? As a club we shouldn’t be washing our ****ty underpants in our own Programme; Now come on, whatever your agendas its time both of you come out in the open and settle this issue (without conditions) in a public debate. Both parties are playing for silly ****ing points at the expense of our club.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2009, 22:23   #71
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device Wow can we play like that every match and fridays too. Voice going lol.
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2009, 22:23   #72

Forgot to mention - Nigel Clough was here tonight, don't know why though.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2009, 22:25   #73
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Probably to look at our John Brayford who he has been after for a while.
Old 25-09-2009, 22:28   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
It's alright, the illegitimate one bought a wristband.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2009, 22:29   #75
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
It's alright, the illegitimate one bought a wristband.
The question is, did he pay to get in though

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..