Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-09-2009, 08:51   #91
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: vs Crewe Alex

I asked one of our steward's a bit ago where had this new lot of steward's come from!!! and the answer is Blackburn Rovers..
Old 26-09-2009, 08:57   #92
Senior Member+

Railwayman inquest

Accrington Stanley 5, Crewe Alex 3

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2009, 09:01   #93
God Member

I was talking to Al about some of the issues last night in the Crown.

Basically the upshot is that many of the stewards are new and the layout of the ground doesn't lend itself to happy stewarding so they need feedback form us on what works and what doesn't work etc etc - as well as common sense help in the way we conduct ourselves.

Recommendation no1 is the opening of the rear handrail right in the middle.

It is impossible to get in and out of the area immediately behind the goal.

Recommendation no 2 is that the stewards chill out a bit. The behaviour of our fans does not need questioning as we have the lowest amount of banning orders or arrests of all the 92 league clubs for the past 3 1/2 years. A softly softly approach will work far better than the current heavy handed mob. We all know that if you give somebody cause to rebel then they will take it - particularly when drunk!
Old 26-09-2009, 09:48   #94
God Member

IMHO the best way would to do away with the walkway at the top and put it at the bottom instead, between the standing fans and the seats

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2009, 09:55   #95
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I was talking to Al about some of the issues last night in the Crown.

Basically the upshot is that many of the stewards are new and the layout of the ground doesn't lend itself to happy stewarding so they need feedback form us on what works and what doesn't work etc etc - as well as common sense help in the way we conduct ourselves.

Recommendation no1 is the opening of the rear handrail right in the middle.

It is impossible to get in and out of the area immediately behind the goal.

Recommendation no 2 is that the stewards chill out a bit. The behaviour of our fans does not need questioning as we have the lowest amount of banning orders or arrests of all the 92 league clubs for the past 3 1/2 years. A softly softly approach will work far better than the current heavy handed mob. We all know that if you give somebody cause to rebel then they will take it - particularly when drunk!
as you know macca i cannot drink, so no alcohol induced anger from me, when i am stood 3 steps down from the walkway and n attitude tells me i'm not allowed to stand there, then i am going to be at best very unpleased.
Old 26-09-2009, 10:40   #96
God Member

the main problem is that the seats have pushed everyone closer together and there isn't much standing room anymore - certainly not when we have increased crowds like the last two. But walkways MUST be kept clear, it's the law!

(macca ducks behind wall in anticipation of incoming flak)
Old 26-09-2009, 10:51   #97
God Member

Talking Re: vs Crewe Alex

Quote:
the main problem is that the seats have pushed everyone closer together and there isn't much standing room anymore - certainly not when we have increased crowds like the last two. But walkways MUST be kept clear, it's the law!

What Flak?

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2009, 11:10   #98
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

BBC SPORT | Football | League Two | Accrington Stanley 5-3 Crewe
Old 26-09-2009, 11:11   #99

Fantastic result last night and really glad I came down for the match – the ultra’s as always were in full voice for the entire 90 minutes and beyond! Wasn’t expecting such a large attendance – wouldn’t mind another Friday nighter at some point!

Was also great to meet a few members of the message board including Harwood Red, Stanley Mad, Mr T, and arguably the boards finest poster – Macca, who I somehow ended up buying two wristbands from - presumably one for each wrist!

I have to say Harrow that I was well impressed that not only could you perfectly understand Glaswegian for 90 minutes, but you also had to put up with the Gretna boys from the row behind who were a good laugh too.

Joe – as always great to meet up and will catch up with you again at the Macclesfield match. Will need to get a few of the crowd together for a pre-match pint or two!
Old 26-09-2009, 11:16   #100
God Member

Smile Re: vs Crewe Alex

Glad that you enjoyed it, you must have been absolutely knackered by the time you got back this morning Will ensure that we have a good chat and a few drinks next time, as I will know when you are coming

Old 26-09-2009, 12:13   #101
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colmeister View Post
and arguably the boards finest poster – Macca

give over you're making me blush!

seriously, it was good to meet you - just sorry I couldn't really stop to chat cos of the wristbands.

we'll have a bevvy next time you're down - Joe's round
Old 26-09-2009, 12:24   #102
God Member

Smile Re: vs Crewe Alex

You can hold me to that

Old 26-09-2009, 14:06   #103
Super Moderator

Quote:

Problem was with last night's altercation, we'd already been moved from the rear walkway, which was fair enough. However, the steward seemed to be expecting us to move from the strip of terracing that runs down from the gap in the rear barrier. Now, this may well be a walkway, but even if we'd shuffled to one side, the sheer weight of numbers would have meant that we'd inevitably "flow" back into the offending area. If bigger crowds are going to be a regular occurence (and I hope they are!), then the club are going to have to come up with some other solution for this.

It was also help if the new stewards used a certain amount of discretion and common sense, as the "regulars" do!

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 26-09-2009 at 14:09.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2009, 16:32   #104
Senior Member+

12th in the table after Friday and still 12th after today's games!

And Bury score at home at last to join us on 12 points.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2009, 16:38   #105

Loving being in the top half of the table, still early days but it's nice to know things on field are being taken care of even if off field is going to hell.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..