Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2009, 08:46   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Rob Heys

I'm well aware of Rob's commitment to the club and I take on-board everything that has been said. However, he is very much a part of the recent regimes that have done nothing to adhere themselves to the hearts of the fans or the town.

While it's highly commendable that he was prepared to re-mortgage his home, it does nothing to remove the fact that he was complicit in the lies and deception which riddle the club at this point in time. The defense of "he was only following orders" doesn't stand and sentiment should not cloud people's judgments.

Far be it from me to call for someone to lose their job and their livelihood, but as long as the old regime remain in place, can anyone really see people trusting the club with investment ever again?
Old 30-10-2009, 08:47   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
You can recruit the best people in the world, unless they are allowed to do the job they are paid for then it's a waste of time.
whilst that is beyond dispute dave, what is not -is the fact we would have NO club without I.K. n P.M.s intervention, saying its impossible to know, is beyond the pale.
Old 30-10-2009, 09:00   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I'm well aware of Rob's commitment to the club and I take on-board everything that has been said. However, he is very much a part of the recent regimes that have done nothing to adhere themselves to the hearts of the fans or the town.

While it's highly commendable that he was prepared to re-mortgage his home, it does nothing to remove the fact that he was complicit in the lies and deception which riddle the club at this point in time. The defense of "he was only following orders" doesn't stand and sentiment should not cloud people's judgments.

Far be it from me to call for someone to lose their job and their livelihood, but as long as the old regime remain in place, can anyone really see people trusting the club with investment ever again?

couldent agree more.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009, 09:21   #34

It strikes me that if Mr Heys were to make any public comments about the handling of the situation that were of a negative nature, this would probably not go down very well with those who pay his wages. In the role he is in he has to be tactful in what he says, otherwise there is the distinct possibility of losing his job.

We do not know what restrictions he has been given on what he is and is not allowed to say, nor how many of his comments are those he has been instructed to say.

The first post in this thread makes great sense.

Ash

http://www.unlimitedricepudding.com/
Fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009, 09:24   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post

Good Post TM !.....and whilst being in agreement with much of what IK had to say, in particular regarding RH's personal sacrifices, the need for some continuity in a transitional stage, and that he is, and that he always was and always will be a staunch supporter of Accrington Stanley...my main concern remains, and that is over a long period now if he, as CEO has been the one responsible for setting the objectives which would see Accrington Stanley maintaining itself as a successful entity both in the World of Soccer, and as an ongoing and developing Organisation...then to the most unskilled eye it is most obvious that these Objectives have failed !!.

My other concern is that unless New Management skills are introduced at the earliest opportunity, then the downward spiral towards Corporate oblivion will
persist !....

If RH , plus a skilled team of Strategist's can achieve a reversal of this, then nothing would please me more than to see this pleasant and amenable young man receiving the acclaim which will be his due!.....BUT ??????

yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009, 09:58   #36
Member.

This may well be my last post.............

Your all dreaming….Accrington Stanley Football Club by rights should have been dead years ago, it’s been punching above its weight since its conception and the only reason it’s ever managed to survive is thought the effort and pockets of the people who have funded it too date…..this includes past and present owners, directors, shareholders and those walking through the gates on a Saturday and purchasing merchandise and those who have sponsored the club over the years.

It was the loss of sponsorship that thrust us into this crisis; yes poor judgement and inaptitude played a major role in bring us to this point, but it’s the lack of funding that is the root cause.

If you clear out the existing team you will have to find someone to replace them, someone who will be willing to tip in out of their own pockets (like Rob Hays who remortgaging his Home) like O’Neil who has put money and resources in; yes they are poor judges and their objectives where out of reach but they put time in for little, if any return.

Replace them with what; ASSF/ST a bunch of ultra dedicated supporters without two stones to rub together, holding down day jobs, giving what time they can spare between family and Bed? It will never work……I have tremendous respect for those of you I know and for those I don’t who put in a lot of time to support Stanley beyond the call; but realistically, are you going to have the time needed over and above what you are doing now to run a Football Club, where are you going to get the money to pay for these Football/Business savvy replacements (who will want to go home at 5.30 and have two days off and a big salary to boot.

Will Mr. Khan want to put his business objective on hold and rush to your aid every time you have a financial crisis…..because even he will have limits to be input?

Like or not we are a poor run down east Lancashire town football club with no money and few real friends in the world of business, if we weren’t we wouldn’t be in this ****.

Accrington Stanley was built on the backs of people who grafted and put their hands in their own pockets.

Mr. O’Neil took a big chance and fell down, He Promised he would not let Accrington Stanley Fold. Well he nearly did and must recognise that time is running out and he should act with honour and find a buyer. The rest should get on with there jobs and carry on moving this club forward until such time as it can finance itself……..

In three years time the ASSF/ST can possibly take control and we can all play our part. Unless you want to put your money where your mouths are and remortgage your homes to buy the club.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009, 10:05   #37
Resting In Peace

Rob Heys might have been PREPARED to re-mortgage his home BUT DID HE ???

We still await the £100,000 that the Directors promised to put in.

How much has O'Neill put in since he supposedly bought EW's shares ???
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009, 10:16   #38

Lightbulb Re: Rob Heys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post

Your all dreaming….Accrington Stanley Football Club by rights should have been dead years ago, it’s been punching above its weight since its conception and the only reason it’s ever managed to survive is thought the effort and pockets of the people who have funded it too date…..this includes past and present owners, directors, shareholders and those walking through the gates on a Saturday and purchasing merchandise and those who have sponsored the club over the years.

It was the loss of sponsorship that thrust us into this crisis; yes poor judgement and inaptitude played a major role in bring us to this point, but it’s the lack of funding that is the root cause.

If you clear out the existing team you will have to find someone to replace them, someone who will be willing to tip in out of their own pockets (like Rob Hays who remortgaging his Home) like O’Neil who has put money and resources in; yes they are poor judges and their objectives where out of reach but they put time in for little, if any return.

Replace them with what; ASSF/ST a bunch of ultra dedicated supporters without two stones to rub together, holding down day jobs, giving what time they can spare between family and Bed? It will never work……I have tremendous respect for those of you I know and for those I don’t who put in a lot of time to support Stanley beyond the call; but realistically, are you going to have the time needed over and above what you are doing now to run a Football Club, where are you going to get the money to pay for these Football/Business savvy replacements (who will want to go home at 5.30 and have two days off and a big salary to boot.

Will Mr. Khan want to put his business objective on hold and rush to your aid every time you have a financial crisis…..because even he will have limits to be input?

Like or not we are a poor run down east Lancashire town football club with no money and few real friends in the world of business, if we weren’t we wouldn’t be in this ****.

Accrington Stanley was built on the backs of people who grafted and put their hands in their own pockets.

Mr. O’Neil took a big chance and fell down, He Promised he would not let Accrington Stanley Fold. Well he nearly did and must recognise that time is running out and he should act with honour and find a buyer. The rest should get on with there jobs and carry on moving this club forward until such time as it can finance itself……..

In three years time the ASSF/ST can possibly take control and we can all play our part. Unless you want to put your money where your mouths are and remortgage your homes to buy the club.

Well said!.........I feel the same way!..I've seen too much, heard too much and know too much, but obviously not enough!

Best Regards to all and here's hoping that "Peace" can be found quickly!

Signing -off!
Gary
Old 30-10-2009, 10:23   #39
God Member

Quote:

Im glad im still dreaming & hoping without that nothing is achieved - whilst i still live in this town, born & bred i will continue to support my beleloved club - foolishly or not. What ? so we all give up cos lets face it its not gonna make millions..........we KNOW that, what about our players arn't they worthy of a chance? Would rather go down on the sinking ship knowing that we god damned tried!!! The current board know the feelings & its our job to make them aware of the importance of OUR club its OUR duty to OUR players whom thro all of this have been totally professional & successful in the shadows - FOR THEM im willing to try as THEY have for us so far

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Last edited by Stanleymad; 30-10-2009 at 10:25.
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009, 10:26   #40
I am Banned

for gods sake leave rob heys alone,he was only doing what he was told to do by the previous owner,who was apain in the arse to work for and who,s word was LAW,rob has been with asfc since the bad old days like going to horwich rmi, marine or even knowsley fc on a cold and wet wednesday night, yes he has made mistakes but it goes even further than that up to the very top of asfc,what about all these quotes from mr EW that the club is solvent and we owe nowt to the taxman, rob was employed on a need to know basis,and the former chairman is at fault for all this debt,fact the inland revenue bills were not paid when mr EW was in charge as the amount that asfc now owe to the IR now shows,Rob Heyes has done a hell of a lot for this club under a lot of pressure from the last owners to keep quiet,so give the lad abreak,would any of you lot have wanted the pressure and the job that he had,
alan7554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009, 10:42   #41
God Member

Quote:
Replace them with what; ASSF/ST a bunch of ultra dedicated supporters without two stones to rub together, holding down day jobs, giving what time they can spare between family and Bed?
I wouldn't have thought that is the role of a Supporters trust. I presume the role is one similar to the role of school governors, they appoint people to do the work. If the club doesn't generate enough funds to pay for the rfull time positions then I am sure that there are many willing and able people to take on some of the less profile roles on a part/time volunteer basis. After all, many have offered in the past
Old 30-10-2009, 11:15   #42
Senior Member+

I broadly think along the same lines as Doug, though this won't be my last post and I hope the one above won't be his. I don't read that post as suggesting for a moment he will stop supporting Stanley, just that he is brassed off with trying to argue a moderate line in the face of all the (understandable) emotion that flies around this message board and getting howled down all the time.

Doug knows we need to work with reality - one reality, as I understand it, being that whoever (EW or DO'N) owns that 51% of the shares could call a shareholders' meeting tomorrow and carry a vote to shut down ASFC 1968 on the spot. Although we owed the taxman money in 1962, no external body wound us up then - it was the directors who chose to resign from the League. The current directors could do the same thing. In that event, even peace-loving me might be on the side of the lynch mob. But for now, we need to sort out a sensible way ahead and if to do so requires us to leave DO'N with some shred of self-respect and Rob with a job, so be it.

Bye-bye karma.
Old 30-10-2009, 11:27   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
being that whoever (EW or DO'N) owns that 51% of the shares could call a shareholders' meeting tomorrow and carry a vote to shut down ASFC 1968 on the spot.

Wouldn't be a very good business decision though would it ?
Old 30-10-2009, 11:38   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Wouldn't be a very good business decision though would it ?
Nor was it in '62 ...... and how long is it since any good business decisions were made anyway?
Old 30-10-2009, 11:52   #45
God Member

Hold the queue if ew did that spiteful thing grr chester wouldn't be far enough away for him!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..