Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2009, 13:32   #1
Senior Member+

Smile Good ideas for the club

Now we have a secure future and a board that will be open to good ideas I thought it might be a good idea to ask all on Accyweb if you have any positive suggestions. All ideas large or small can make a difference so here goes with one of each:-

large:- look into the cost of a temporary seating stand down the whinney hill side, if at all possible we would be able to take the seats out of the Clayton end!!

small ;- a board with the half time draw number paraded around the ground as the tannoy does not reach all parts.

small 2:- Stanley scratch cards in all pubs in town with half of cash going to club and other half to a year long fans nominated charity

just a thought!!

Stephen
Old 05-11-2009, 13:53   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Good ideas for the club

Would it be viable or better for the club if small block built food and drink kiosks built and run by the club, witch could provide a better service and create a revenue stream for the club ???

Good idea Steve
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 13:58   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by loweiy View Post

large:- look into the cost of a temporary seating stand down the whinney hill side, if at all possible we would be able to take the seats out of the Clayton end!!
What a great idea, that's where they should of gone, but doe's it not have something to do with being covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loweiy View Post
small ;- a board with the half time draw number paraded around the ground as the tannoy does not reach all parts.
Another great idea, as long as they are good looking with long legs. ( that's me getting some abuse now )

"Have You Seen The Force Called Stanley"
Old 05-11-2009, 14:12   #4
Full Member+

Very very large and long term I would ask the club to consult with supporters on any proposed development of the Coppice end. I'm sure the idea has been aired before about the Coppice end becoming the 'home' end with a full standing terrace and it would be good to get everyone's view on that

medium
We all know about the merchandising so I won't go on about that, ...go on then I just did.

smallish
Oh, and can we have some water to hand basins in the loos behind the Clayton End ?
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 14:32   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

the board fer half time draw is a must, i stopped buyin em cos i could never hear.
Old 05-11-2009, 14:40   #6
Full Member+

A tunnel from where the players enter stadium, more professional don't you think.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 14:54   #7
Resting In Peace

Small: Let us know the prices for the Salisbury cup-tie on Saturday.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 14:55   #8
Member.

An if’ish one.

I always thought that a small medal celebrating the clubs return to the Football League would have been a good idea; never too late in my opinion ().

3 types for different pockets: Bronze, Silver & Gold

Crest on one side and then three different themes on the others reflecting the cost/importance to the club i.e. 1962, Colman/Bell in profile……Ideas?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 14:59   #9
Senior Member+

Large/ Long term......... Whinney Hill Stand meets a bulldozer, we can all dream!

Medium...... More effort with the stanley website and other online areas. As we all know the internet is THE best place to advertise our club. Im doing my small part by doing the skysports fanzone, all small things help. Also try and introduce like a Discount Day against the smaller sides where we know its going to be a small crowd.... i.e £10 on the door might just get some more people down

Short/ Small...... Sort Merchandise in the shop and online, i.e get some shirts!!!, Offer and advertise a proper shirt printing service on site like other clubs do. 1st and easiest way to generate more income. Also get the card machine back, i mean having to pay with cash is annoying every single time.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 14:59   #10

small - for those of us on missionary work - a webcam so we can see the state of the pitch and monitor the progress of the ground development schemes
Bradshaw Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 15:05   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Small- work better wi local business, customers using these places/shops will get a much more positive impression by doing so.
Old 05-11-2009, 16:25   #12
Senior Member+

1) Get the old accy web Q&A reinstated.
2) Allow Rob and others to post on here once again.
3) Update the website more often
4) Ensure that website releases more news than the press does (part of 3).
5) Use media contacts for increased advertising about the new dawn of the club ect.
6) Use friday night games to our advantage
7) Organise a fans day every year ...
8) Offer high schools free tickets to be used as incentives for good work ect. (works both ways).
9) Get local bands in performing gigs ect. on say thursday nights.
10) Think of installing some method to prevent people from watching the game from the fence on the whinney hill estate ect.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 16:46   #13
Full Member+

One short term and pressing one to look at.....Kick off time for the J.P.T. game against the Shakers on Tuesday.....what chance put it back to either the now traditional 7:45pm or even 7:30pm ???

7pm is a bit too early for folk not finishing work until after 5PM especially if you're travelling during potential rush hour traffic so to speak!!! Just my opinion but I think 7pm kick offs might put some folk off !!!

That said I'll be there despite the mad rush from work !!!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.

Last edited by carpon; 05-11-2009 at 16:47. Reason: final comment
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 16:50   #14
Senior Member+

large: do what the groundsman says needs doing to te pitch at the end of the season instead of just filling in the holes and seeding. If it was to be fully vertidrained and rotavated before seeding then it should react better when the bad weather hits. Bare in mind a few seasons ago we never used to have any problems with the pitch even it was torrential. (please note this is not the groundsmans fault!!)

Medium: a new set of pitch covers which protect it properly from the elements. As with the large suggestion this would improve our chances of playing games and mean less games postponed.

Small: Look into additional revenue schemes that may be available by bringing the Ladies, Ultras and Stanley kids teams into closer working contact with the club. There is a lot of funding out there for womens and childrens teams if done in conjunction with club or community schemes.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 16:50   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
One short term and pressing one to look at.....Kick off time for the J.P.T. game against the Shakers on Tuesday.....what chance put it back to either the now traditional 7:45pm or even 7:30pm ???

7pm is a bit too early for folk not finishing work until after 5PM especially if you're travelling during potential rush hour traffic so to speak!!! Just my opinion but I think 7pm kick offs might put some folk off !!!
JPT Rules .. not the clubs so nothing can be done.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..