Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2009, 16:58   #16
Full Member+

Re: Good ideas for the club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
JPT Rules .. not the clubs so nothing can be done.

So how come certain games in that comp this season have kicked off at seven...quarter past seven....half seven....quarter to eight???

Surely if it was in the rules they'd all have to kick off at 7:00pm !!!

Oldham game in first round was a 7:45pm k.o.!!!!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-11-2009, 17:03   #17

Some very good ideas have been put forward.

Hopefully a supporters trust will help but as we need to get more people coming through the gates my suggestion is that we do more with the local community, schools and businesses, we need to improve marketing and Google Page Ranking. I like what Smudge is doing with the skysport fanzone, we should be looking to promote internationally over the web and get supporters from abroad feeling that they are active within the club, they will donate on a regular basis and as usch we need to get the online payments/donations smoother and the club needs to be more responsive to the fans/supporters.

On a side note there is letter in todays abserver from an elderly gentlemen (80+) about getting his seat reserved as he picked it out when he bought his ticket but when he attended the match someone else was sitting in it, he approached some one from the club only to be told we have not had time and hers some stickers if you want to do it yourself. Where is the customer service I ask myself.
Pheonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 17:34   #18
Senior Member+

We have got to start on the little things like the things "pheonix" has just mentioned!

Also why not give more free tickets to primary/secondary schools?

If we are only gettin 1800 and the stadium capacity is over 4000 why not give away 2000 free school tickets? . If they bring an adult more money, plus the kids always moan to their mums and dads to get a mars bar etc etc!
Old 05-11-2009, 17:38   #19
God Member

some good ideas coming through just to follow up on a few

Development on Whinney Hill was I believe looked into early last season, looking at sort of Open Championship style modular seating, I put the Club in touch with one of the North West's biggest Construction companies but I think cost cost was the issue

Catering I think the Club are in a two year deal on the catering, but it is something that could be looked at to increase matchday revenue even simple things like chocolate bars etc, maybe as part of any re-development of the away end to include matchday hospitality, it could perhaps be used as an off chute for catering students etc.

Ground covers put the Club in touch with a company that could either help or point them in the general direction that were local

Shop & internet sales needs to be serviced better as well as an in town outlet, which we do have with both Ossy Mills outlets just need stocking better and maybe manning and also looking at ticket sales etc.

With Christmas just around the corner the stock needs to be overflowing, this could be moved into the Lounge on the run up to Christmas for a promotional night. for selling stock, players on hand to perhaps help pack bags sign autographs etc. would serve two purposes in bringing income behind the bar & also generating sales on merchandise

BTHL needs to be more frequently used for maybe Comedy Nights, quiz nights it is one of the biggest assets we have but possibly very under used. When things are on there the doors need to open on time, float already sorted, pumps working, room tidy just general housekeeping.

Website constant updates keeping everybody up to date, deals on the website for people who buy from selected partners the club gets a financial kickback.

I suppose most important of all is do the simple things right and then move it on to the next level, The Club has to become the focal point of Hynburn thus becoming the Jewel in the Crown.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 05-11-2009 at 17:44.
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 17:38   #20
God Member

Smile Re: Good ideas for the club

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
So how come certain games in that comp this season have kicked off at seven...quarter past seven....half seven....quarter to eight???

Surely if it was in the rules they'd all have to kick off at 7:00pm !!!

Oldham game in first round was a 7:45pm k.o.!!!!
J.P. prefer the K.O. to be 7:00 P.M. - for the kids, it is not a must but it is what they prefer.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 17:43   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
J.P. prefer the K.O. to be 7:00 P.M. - for the kids, it is not a must but it is what they prefer.
that may also have something to do with admission prices as well

SFFS
Old 05-11-2009, 17:44   #22
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

1/ A PDQ Machine so that you can pay by Switch or Credit Card for goods and match tickets in the Club Shop!! Not everyone takes LARGE Amounts of money to a footie match.2/ A cash machine would help also,Club would get a % of the charge that the machine owners make therefore paying for the PDQ machine in the process.
Old 05-11-2009, 17:47   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
1/ A PDQ Machine so that you can pay by Switch or Credit Card for goods and match tickets in the Club Shop!! Not everyone takes LARGE Amounts of money to a footie match.2/ A cash machine would help also,Club would get a % of the charge that the machine owners make therefore paying for the PDQ machine in the process.
Cash Machine for withdrawals wouldn't be used that much though? Could maybe offer cashback facility in the Shop?

SFFS
Old 05-11-2009, 18:09   #24
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

PHP Code:
[quote=loweiy;760731]
large:- look into the cost of a temporary seating stand down the whinney hill side, if at all possible we would be able to take the seats out of the Clayton end!! 
Thought the club had sorted this out...Accrington Stanley set for £1.2m ground development (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Old 05-11-2009, 18:20   #25
Senior Member+

Get rid of those seats in the Clayton End...

That is all!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 18:25   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post

That is all!
What happens "When We Dare to Dream"

SFFS
Old 05-11-2009, 18:29   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post

That is all!
I'll agree with that
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 18:33   #28
bdc

Just a few ideas:

Tarmac the car park at the back of the Clayton End.
Offer a hot pot tea or similar homemade grub for the local derbies, starting with Macclesfield, if they charged £25 including your ticket or £10 for season ticket holders you would increase gates.
Reduce price of programme to £2/ £2.50
Use the bar manager from The Crown to run the Buy-the-House Lounge, ie to make sure that it is set up properly before games and also to utilise it in particular during the summer and during the week.
Look at arranging a Lancashire Cup, play local teams instead of friendlies in July and play for a trophy. This would increase gates for friendlies as a lot more people would be liable to turn up if it is close to get to.
Set up a football trust to buy shares and have a say in the running of the club
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 18:38   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
What happens "When We Dare to Dream"

You end up in the Premier League

For what it's worth I would get together with the all the volunteers who offer to help the club, organise them in to various departents and roles and be more proffesional. I think most of the reason the club is perceived to lack proffesionalism is because they are understaffed. They are understaffed because they can't afford more staff, hence the volunteers
Old 05-11-2009, 19:15   #30
Senior Member+

Please Illyas don't go chasing the dream.... I can think of nothing worse than being part of the Premier Greed!

Very happy to have a sustainable, healthy, competiutive and transparent 4th Division side.

No agents, no journeyman footballers, no WAG's, no Bentleys or Ferraris, no bling, no huge wages to Pedro Dimantio, no selling our soul for the corporate buck, no plc, no executive boxes etc etc

100% Anti Modern Football....

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..