Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2009, 19:23   #31

Re: Good ideas for the club

snap to all that j .see you stat day for a few think im on the booz weekend me and voodow will be back
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-11-2009, 19:23   #32
God Member

well said WM

one or two things will have to change but that as they say is life

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 19:31   #33
God Member

short, medium and long term - put the fans first at every opportunity

long term - forget the heavy season ticket discounts, the hardcore are buying them whether or not. I would seriously look at making a MASSIVE statement by charging a fiver a game and attractign the walk on stay aways that have cost us dear. Doing this would make us the talk of the football world for a positive reason and would blow Blackburns price matching out of the water. Concessions, Adults whatever £5. 4000 people x £5 or 1000 people x £13? we need to get the bums back on seats and it could be advertised as a thank you to the people for the SOS campaign. On the back of this we need to capitalise on the extra people by being able to get money off them in the ground through food and drink etc.

Medium term - look at renting out space on the ground to concession stalls like bookies etc. Obviously this would involve building proper structures instead of rabbit hutches, but they wouldnt need to be expensive. Also, the wall behind the bogs, food and drink on the Clayton End is a huge blank canvas. We could quite easily put up A3 posters for all the local events being held in pubs and clubs for a nominal amount. It will become the events wall.

short term - over the next two months and not a moment longer we need to work on correcting the many wrongs of the past. Cancel the ridiculous share issue and replace it with a proper one. A proper one may take time to set up but in the interim period contact all the subscribers and tell them its off. Cancel the Legends (does anyone other than me still pay in?) and pay em back or offer value added product as an apology for two years of bull. Reserve the seats that are reserved for Season Ticket holders - do we want them back next year or not? yes, so get it done. Look at the complaints list over the past year and implement ways of ensuring they dont occur again. Devise and implement a proper Customer Charter, not a token list as issued by the FL but a real one that is relevant to us.

thats enough to be going on with.

longer term - do this list every year

Last edited by maccawozzagod; 05-11-2009 at 19:33.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 19:43   #34
God Member

Smile Re: Good ideas for the club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Please Illyas don't go chasing the dream.... I can think of nothing worse than being part of the Premier Greed!

Very happy to have a sustainable, healthy, competiutive and transparent 4th Division side.

No agents, no journeyman footballers, no WAG's, no Bentleys or Ferraris, no bling, no huge wages to Pedro Dimantio, no selling our soul for the corporate buck, no plc, no executive boxes etc etc

100% Anti Modern Football....
Oi, what is wrong with a Bentley????

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 20:22   #35
Super Moderator

Can answer some, perhaps most of these BUT are VP's allowed

Will post again over the weekend!!!!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 20:52   #36
Super Moderator

PS

I suspect I am the (ex) director who the gent is referring to in the Observer.

What I thought I said was, the staff at the club work extreamly hard, that I do believe reserved seats do have stickers/signs (yes or no??) and that if somebody was in a reserved seat that shouldn't be there, ask a steward to help I also said, what a nice problem, more fans than seats?? I remember the days in the Cheshire League when there were more seats than fans!! We only had 80 seats and we walked to Fleetwood and back to raise the money to pay for them!!!!

See you all in the Crown on Saturday!!
Old 05-11-2009, 21:14   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
PS

I suspect I am the (ex) director who the gent is referring to in the Observer.

What I thought I said was, the staff at the club work extreamly hard, that I do believe reserved seats do have stickers/signs (yes or no??) and that if somebody was in a reserved seat that shouldn't be there, ask a steward to help I also said, what a nice problem, more fans than seats?? I remember the days in the Cheshire League when there were more seats than fans!! We only had 80 seats and we walked to Fleetwood and back to raise the money to pay for them!!!!

See you all in the Crown on Saturday!!
Not seen letters in the Observer every week saying how helpful you are so I guess we will have to take the gent's word for it how unhelpful you are

Whatever has happened this week that you are no longer in the same position I'm pretty sure you will remain as helpful as ever.
Old 05-11-2009, 21:14   #38
God Member

the Fleetwood walk - was that not the cart pull?
Old 05-11-2009, 21:14   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Please Illyas don't go chasing the dream
Wimbledon managed it and who knows if they had managed to stay in Merton.

I will dream. Not to is to concede that the football genius behind where we are now may be finite.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 21:18   #40
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
the Fleetwood walk - was that not the cart pull?

Yes!!! 6am start, followed by John Alty's 40th!!! Record bar takings, at the time!!!
Old 05-11-2009, 21:25   #41
God Member

I think you should do it again
Old 06-11-2009, 00:26   #42

Consider charging reduced admission for away clubs where it is known little support comes up...ie clubs further away etc...in order to attract more away supporters who also can spend their money in the pub and clubhouse nearby...Also would make better atmosphere on the ground...
These clubs could be emailed in advance with said promotion..in order to attract more feet on stands ...instead of bums on seats in the coppice end:-)
Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:57   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
Consider charging reduced admission for away clubs where it is known little support comes up...ie clubs further away etc...in order to attract more away supporters who also can spend their money in the pub and clubhouse nearby...Also would make better atmosphere on the ground...
These clubs could be emailed in advance with said promotion..in order to attract more feet on stands ...instead of bums on seats in the coppice end:-)
You should look after your own first, the ones you want turnng up more than once a season.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:44   #44

I couldn't agree more...so therefore the club should look at filling the cowshed/whinney hill end...which now is usually empty..with our supporters...at a reduced cost..we have stats of attendances so know which games are poorly attended...
Remember there were over 4000 that rare time that EW made it FREE against Torquay...so people are out there...
The object is to get as many through the gates to watch Stanley
There could also be a little umbrela stall at the away supporters end ...it would make a small fortune during our prolonged rainy season up here and be of help to those supporters!!
Also could have a swear box for Coley:-)
I am a season ticket holder , by the way...so wouldn't benefit from this:-(...BUT if the club had been wound up all season tickets would have been WORTHLESS...so worth thinking about...
Remember even our big premier friends at Blackburn have done reduced admission games at times...to improve the attendances!!
Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 14:47   #45

Pilot and monitor a 2pm kick off on a SUNDAY do not accept it does not work LETS TRY IT!
stanley nick is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..