Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2009, 15:00   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Good ideas for the club

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
short, medium and long term - put the fans first at every opportunity

long term - forget the heavy season ticket discounts, the hardcore are buying them whether or not. I would seriously look at making a MASSIVE statement by charging a fiver a game and attractign the walk on stay aways that have cost us dear. Doing this would make us the talk of the football world for a positive reason and would blow Blackburns price matching out of the water. Concessions, Adults whatever £5. 4000 people x £5 or 1000 people x £13? we need to get the bums back on seats and it could be advertised as a thank you to the people for the SOS campaign. On the back of this we need to capitalise on the extra people by being able to get money off them in the ground through food and drink etc.

Medium term - look at renting out space on the ground to concession stalls like bookies etc. Obviously this would involve building proper structures instead of rabbit hutches, but they wouldnt need to be expensive. Also, the wall behind the bogs, food and drink on the Clayton End is a huge blank canvas. We could quite easily put up A3 posters for all the local events being held in pubs and clubs for a nominal amount. It will become the events wall.

short term - over the next two months and not a moment longer we need to work on correcting the many wrongs of the past. Cancel the ridiculous share issue and replace it with a proper one. A proper one may take time to set up but in the interim period contact all the subscribers and tell them its off. Cancel the Legends (does anyone other than me still pay in?) and pay em back or offer value added product as an apology for two years of bull. Reserve the seats that are reserved for Season Ticket holders - do we want them back next year or not? yes, so get it done. Look at the complaints list over the past year and implement ways of ensuring they dont occur again. Devise and implement a proper Customer Charter, not a token list as issued by the FL but a real one that is relevant to us.

thats enough to be going on with.

longer term - do this list every year

I to pay the legends weekly draw that makes two of us!!!!!!

Stephen
Old 06-11-2009, 15:06   #47
Senior Member+

Immediate - restore the link to this messageboard!
Old 06-11-2009, 15:08   #48
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Immediate - restore the link to this messageboard!
They did that weeks ago - look at the top right on t'fishy site!
Old 06-11-2009, 17:21   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
They did that weeks ago - look at the top right on t'fishy site!
Durr .... silly me, was looking for it in the fans' section down the left hand side

TY for the gentle nature of your advice Mr H!
Old 06-11-2009, 18:54   #50
Junior Member+

Tickets given to high schools as a reward is a fantastic idea, im sure our students at Rhyddings would certainly be interested.

I know when the free/cheap tickets were issued a couple of years ago for the Torquay game (i think), a number of our students attended, so maybe a significant discount ticket for students under 16 would be a good idea, that the club may look in to.
Rhyddings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 19:19   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyddings View Post
Tickets given to high schools as a reward is a fantastic idea, im sure our students at Rhyddings would certainly be interested.

I know when the free/cheap tickets were issued a couple of years ago for the Torquay game (i think), a number of our students attended, so maybe a significant discount ticket for students under 16 would be a good idea, that the club may look in to.
The price for 12 - 16 year olds is priced a fiver to stand, 6 quid to sit, under 12's if they are registered with the ASFC Redz is free, otherwise I think it's a pound a game so they already get a good deal, students over 16 also get in at the same rate as the 12 - 16's.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 21:37   #52
Senior Member+

Agree with everything posted

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 23:22   #53
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Big Focus on Media n TV coverage, should help the difficult task of getting a ground sponser, which is important fer funding.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:46   #54
God Member

Cashy we have had more media coverage than we could have ever dreamed of over the last eight weeks, my concern is that everything that has gone before will have left a sour taste and is going to take a charm offensive that we have never seen the like of to win some sections back

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:07   #55
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Cashy we have had more media coverage than we could have ever dreamed of over the last eight weeks, my concern is that everything that has gone before will have left a sour taste and is going to take a charm offensive that we have never seen the like of to win some sections back
Agree but think we now have the "Front Men" to acheive it.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:10   #56
God Member

I suppose two out of three ain't bad

SFFS
Old 07-11-2009, 12:14   #57
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
I suppose two out of three ain't bad
it aint but as well as new, others have chance fer redemption.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:16   #58
God Member

Joking aside we have been granted the kiss of life this week

It is now time for the Club to be innovative, open and firmly leading the way by being at the forefront of peoples minds in Hynburn and area whether Stanley fans or not

There will be chances with Companies & Individuals to form new patnerships to take the Club forward, it may start out as something small but with attention to detail and careful neuturing could blossom into bigger things in years to come, thus hopefully maturing as the Club does.

It's a massive undertaking but as the saying goes it's time for "Boys to become Men"

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 07-11-2009 at 12:21.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:38   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Very happy to have a sustainable, healthy, competitive and transparent 4th Division side.
How about the Championship, Jase? At least then I might be able to catch the odd match on television (got Swansea v Cardiff showing right now).
MichiganRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:45   #60
Full Member+

We could sell chewing gum on the Internet to people from Yorkshire and call it e-bay gum. Maybe set up a company called Bah and sell humbugs!
teach is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..