Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-11-2009, 09:54   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Whats Changed with 50/50 Draw?

our crew always bought tickets on clayton end fer 50/50 draw from a pleasant young lass who came along,last couple of home games she aint come so no tickets. we always arrive on ground 5/10 mins before kick off, from our watering hole, so nowts changed there, so whats the score? anyone,? not a fortune i know, but money the club are missing out on fer some reason?
Old 29-11-2009, 11:29   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Whats Changed with 50/50 Draw?

Cashy you're probably refferring to kisser (small, dark haired, very bubbly). If so then I can tell you where I believe she was yesterday, The City of Manchester Stadium!!! Kisser is currently training to be a paramedic (congrats on the good progress by the way Kisser) and as such she is required to be wherever needed, meaning no more stanley 50/50 draw for our Kisser!!! Kinda sad really!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2009, 13:38   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
Cashy you're probably refferring to kisser (small, dark haired, very bubbly). If so then I can tell you where I believe she was yesterday, The City of Manchester Stadium!!! Kisser is currently training to be a paramedic (congrats on the good progress by the way Kisser) and as such she is required to be wherever needed, meaning no more stanley 50/50 draw for our Kisser!!! Kinda sad really!!
yep its kisser, but ya would think whoever organises it, would have the nouce to dispatch someone else to flog em just before K.O. on clayton end, P.S. wish kisser all the best, top lady.
Old 29-11-2009, 18:00   #4
Senior Member+

will do if I see her ( I think Macy Gray 2 is more likely to see her than me!!). And yes you're right, you would think that they'd have organised someone to come round but then that would be most unstanley like displaying foward minded commercial skills ;-)!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2009, 18:25   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
will do if I see her ( I think Macy Gray 2 is more likely to see her than me!!). And yes you're right, you would think that they'd have organised someone to come round but then that would be most unstanley like displaying foward minded commercial skills ;-)!!!
thats the trouble wi this transparency sparkie, ya can see how inept they are.
Old 29-11-2009, 20:08   #6

Haha glad to see that I am missed
Sparkie is kinda right, I have got a new job and am currently training at the moment - but not quite up to Paramedic level just yet! Have just passed Emergency Transport Attendent training and was at the City game on Saturday working. I will be working a rolling rota so once training and Christmas is over I should be able to get to more games.
Unfortunately there are very few people who will volunteer to do the draw, there's Stephen, Freda & Loweiy but they can't always get to every game either.
Any volunteers?
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2009, 20:20   #7
Super Moderator

Kisser how could we not miss you!!!

Just to stress ASFC exists on a match day thanks to loyal volunteers.

The last 3 games have all taken place thanks to the efforts of FANtastic volunteers assisting the groundsman.

Other duties regularly undertaken by volunteers include, programmme selling, turnstyle operators, ground cleaning + maintainence, away travel booking and dressing room cleaning.

THANK YOU TO YOU ALL!!!

(apologises if I've missed anybody!!)
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2009, 20:29   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisser View Post
Haha glad to see that I am missed
Sparkie is kinda right, I have got a new job and am currently training at the moment - but not quite up to Paramedic level just yet! Have just passed Emergency Transport Attendent training and was at the City game on Saturday working. I will be working a rolling rota so once training and Christmas is over I should be able to get to more games.
Unfortunately there are very few people who will volunteer to do the draw, there's Stephen, Freda & Loweiy but they can't always get to every game either.
Any volunteers?
well when i start croaking ya can give me the kiss o life anyday, good luck wi yer training.
Old 30-11-2009, 12:09   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

notice on fishy site sats 50/50 winner did not claim, probably someone on clayton end cos none of us heard the winning number, not that it mattered did not have chance to buy one.
Old 30-11-2009, 12:56   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well when i start croaking ya can give me the kiss o life anyday, good luck wi yer training.
If your'e going to start perving move the thread to over-18's
Old 05-12-2009, 08:56   #11
God Member

Smile Re: Whats Changed with 50/50 Draw?

Quote:
our crew always bought tickets on clayton end fer 50/50 draw from a pleasant young lass who came along,last couple of home games she aint come so no tickets. we always arrive on ground 5/10 mins before kick off, from our watering hole, so nowts changed there, so whats the score? anyone,? not a fortune i know, but money the club are missing out on fer some reason?
Hope I am not tempting fate, but looks like the club is sorting this out also.

Half time draw
Saturday 5th Dec 2009

New places to get your ticket, and it's a rollover!
The half time 50/50 draw wasn't claimed at our match against Barnet last Saturday and so we are delighted to announce that this week is a rollover, with a prize that could reach over £500!

The new look Accrington Stanley draw was launched last week with our brand new tickets on sale around the ground. Also this week in addition to the cash first prize, there are runners up prizes of vouchers for Cuisine World in Accrington town centre.

Tickets are priced just £1 and as well as being on sale from sellers around the ground they will also now be available from the following locations:

• The Stanley Store, ticket office and our main reception
• The Crown on Whalley Road and the Buy-the-House Lounge
• The match day bars behind the Coppice and Clayton terraces

So there is no excuse not to buy a ticket, and remember our cleverly worded slogan to avoid copyright infringement - it might be you! Please note entry is open to those 16 years of age and old, please gamble responsibly.

Accrington Stanley are looking for match day staff to assist with the selling of half time 50/50 draw tickets and with our match day programmes at our home games this season. The positions bring with them free admission to the match and a small commission can be paid. For more information please contact Natalie on 01254 356950 or at [email protected].

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:37   #12

Two things needed to get me back buying 50/50 Draw tickets....

Somebody on the Clayton End selling 'em & getting the tannoy fixed so I can hear the bl@@dy thing!
Thin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:50   #13
God Member

Smile Re: Whats Changed with 50/50 Draw?

The number is always in the Sportsbar and I think in the Crown I think it should also be on the Official site also.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:21   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin Monkey View Post
Two things needed to get me back buying 50/50 Draw tickets....

Somebody on the Clayton End selling 'em & getting the tannoy fixed so I can hear the bl@@dy thing!
thats the 2 things i require, its a matter of simple conveniance, after match i head fer home, have no wish to go looking fer the winning number, why should i?
Old 05-12-2009, 11:39   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
thats the 2 things i require, its a matter of simple conveniance, after match i head fer home, have no wish to go looking fer the winning number, why should i?
Spot on Cashy. I still buy a ticket, but it's like throwing money down the drain, as I never know what the winning number is. I never hear the tannoy as it's broken where I stand and I don't see why I should have to run round looking for the winning number after the game.

I see that it's a 'rollover' this week as last week's prize wasn't claimed. Perhaps I won it, but never knew?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..