Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-12-2009, 13:25   #106

Re: The 'Stuffing of Leeds' match thread.

Outside the ground, before and after the match, we met nothing but friendliness.

If the Leed's fans are left in peace, when standing during the game, then so should the visitors be.

I hate uneven handedness!!
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-12-2009, 15:32   #107
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
Outside the ground, before and after the match, we met nothing but friendliness.

If the Leed's fans are left in peace, when standing during the game, then so should the visitors be.

I hate uneven handedness!!
Believe me its even, the Stewards at ER are just as bad towards Leeds Fans as visitors, we aint EVER left in peace, Stewards shouting sit down ALL the time, sometimes they just throw you out, but more recently a 'passive' approach by noting your seat number then dishing out a ban for standing. Season Ticket holders included!

Tough luck last night, only bad finishing cost you your chance

I was also surprised they put you all in the 'Cheese Wedge' as Kettering Fans had behind the goal in South Stand a couple of weeks back in FA Cup

MOT
wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2009, 15:39   #108
God Member

Bet it was a weird experience for u wobbly 2 of your dad's club battling on the pitch at elland rd lol

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2009, 16:19   #109

Stewarding was an absolute joke, to ruin fans night that all of us have been looking farward to for ages is just wrong when all we was doing was creating an atmosphere, something will happen if that carries on as if they tried doing that with fans with bigger support and they would just be ignored.

Apart from that a quality night, noise generated from us was ace and the performance wernt bad at all against the league 1 leaders, just the final product was letting down. I hope we get another chance at a massive ground in fa cup 4th round!

AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2009, 18:39   #110
God Member

goals from last night
Old 16-12-2009, 18:51   #111

Boozer was unlucky for first goal really, that link doesnt show highlights for our chances!

AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2009, 22:00   #112
Senior Member+

About the Stewarding, everyone knows it was poor! Im one person who got kicked out and fair enough , it does say on the back of your ticket and it is health and safety, and i took that risk and i knew what the consequence was! But its not what they did , ITS HOW THEY DID IT! The hastle , the lies e.g "just a quiet little word", the aggression, the language, the laughing, the no warning! The police outside said every single away game this happens and happened v Kettering aswell, the police say are embarassed to be associated with these so called bouncers and stewards!
Good atmosphere from the off, just wasnt the nicest thing sat in Mc Donalds hearing the crowds!
One thing that did wind me up was a 13 year old lad getting kicked out and asked for i.d etc and then a steward laughing at him! He then gets thrown out onto the Empty streets outside Elland Road!, not the greatest thing, its a good job i was there!

Not the best trip in long time, the ground is overated, the stewards are poor. All in all tbh i prefered Notts County! Dont forget thats all seated and there was standing for the full 90 and not one word but handshakes at the end!

Anyways , back on the Clayton End saturday loud and proud!

On Stanley On.

Last edited by fc:stanley; 16-12-2009 at 22:03.
fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2009, 22:17   #113
God Member

well put Lee.

do you know who the 13 year old is? that needs documenting and taking to whatever authorities necessary. turfing a child out on his own in a strange (in every sense) city is more contrary to H&S than standing up at a football match.
Old 16-12-2009, 22:22   #114
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
well put Lee.

do you know who the 13 year old is? that needs documenting and taking to whatever authorities necessary. turfing a child out on his own in a strange (in every sense) city is more contrary to H&S than standing up at a football match.
Agree completely that is bang out of order. and whilst i think/prefer to stand at the match, can i ask fc stanley, what would be yer reaction if at the end of the day the club got fined? would you pay it fer em?
Old 16-12-2009, 23:04   #115
Senior Member+

Only sheep follow rules "blindly" when they don't make any sense, power to the fans, without us there would be no football

Fans not criminals

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2009, 23:05   #116
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Agree completely that is bang out of order. and whilst i think/prefer to stand at the match, can i ask fc stanley, what would be yer reaction if at the end of the day the club got fined? would you pay it fer em?
See thats a tough and awkward question! and unfair in ways! The club shouldnt and more than likely wont get fined! There was no trouble from people getting kicked out , no violence and nothing smashed as per other away fans! I have the right as a fan to stand and cheer my team on and i shall do that EVERY single game! And i as a fan know that its H&S and i know the consequence and if i get kicked out then fair enough! Plenty got thrown out last night and i bet there answers will be totally different from each other. Its part and parcel of the football club and i go as a fan to support my team and i shall do that and if i get thrown out then so be it, the rest behind the scenes i dont want to know about....

I can understand your question cashman buts its an weird one to answer! Nothing will come from it though! Everyone went out quietly, where not thugs or criminals, JUST FANS!

Old 16-12-2009, 23:09   #117
Senior Member+

Do you know the sad thing Lee..... If Accy Stanley had a hooligan element, the police & stewards would be dealing with them & Stanley Ultras would be left to illuminate the ground in noise & colour in peace....

Makes you think eh?

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 16-12-2009, 23:19   #118
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Do you know the sad thing Lee..... If Accy Stanley had a hooligan element, the police & stewards would be dealing with them & Stanley Ultras would be left to illuminate the ground in noise & colour in peace....

Makes you think eh?
It does make you think , yet they start on a group of 40 last night for standing and singing? What made me laugh most was when one guy asked the steward to ask one of the Accrington coppers how many fans had been kicked out in the last 10 years out of away grounds? What was that, ....2!?
Some Millwall we are! Complete and utter joke. They should of done there research before we came!! No other grounds we have problems except Rochdale which this season was superb when they saw sense.

Its over now anyways, back to terrace on saturday! Superb

Old 16-12-2009, 23:24   #119
Senior Member+

Our terrace, my spiritual home

All Hail King Coleman

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 16-12-2009, 23:28   #120

fc stanley it was me with the copper said . we had 2 kick out of grounds only ... they said yes we looked at you fans before kick ..... 2 only i sald ..... then sum one when passed me with 6 round him .he must have only been 16 years old .. and kick out ....
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..