Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-01-2010, 16:30   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Michael Symes

He was just waving goodbye to the dozen or so 10 year olds banned last night!!!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-01-2010, 16:34   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
He was just waving goodbye to the dozen or so 10 year olds banned last night!!!
Class Willie Class.
Old 27-01-2010, 16:37   #48
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Was it just me, or did it look like Symes was saying goodbye to the Clayton End last night? I said to the lads who were stood with me that he seemed to spend a lot of time clapping at us at the end of last nights game, paranoia maybe??

Let's just hope so!! Would hate to split this Team up until the end of the season, would like to see just how good they really are!
I thought so too.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 16:49   #49
Senior Member+

Be gutted if he left mid season, breaking up the team and coley and jb and the club have oviously done wonders for his career, moving around league 2 clubs than comes here settles downn fines his form and championship clubs come in for him, was always going to happen the more him and bobby were scoring the more attraction he would make, preston is a good move, just i'd like him back on loan for rest of season so he can help us in play-offs maybe play at wemberly than coley and jb have the summer to find a replacement, maybe kee?

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 16:59   #50

as the enbrgo be dun or not....
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 17:05   #51
God Member

Smile Re: Michael Symes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
as the enbrgo be dun or not....
Matters not Grimps, if 1 goes then 1 comes in!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 17:14   #52
God Member

Exclamation Re: Michael Symes

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Maybe not unreasonable if he signed an 18 month extension. As it is, with Symes only having 6 months left on his current deal, we'd be lucky to get ~150k. If that's the figure we're looking at I'd rather see him leave for free in the summer after contributing to our play-off place. We'll earn a lot more than that from a play-off spot. If we get an offer over £250k (highly unlikely but if) and it was accepted, I wouldn't begrudge him a move to a club like Preston, but he'd be an instant legend if he stayed!
Thing is Shaker, the club have said "We do not need to sell" and "The figure - we have been led to believe £100K! - was not enough! So £150K is still not enough! Unless they are saying that it is right for the player, as it is a Championship club!

Let's just hope that we do not get Clarke as replacement......

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 17:56   #53
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well watched Scunthorpe V Man City this aft n if "Robinho" is worth 30 odd million, just oer 100K fer symes is a joke, aint saying symes is worth that, but am saying would rather have symes up front than yon mon.
And there I was, thinking that you were really one of my most ardent fans Cashy !!.

Happy New Year Everyone !!!...from us both !!
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 18:11   #54
God Member

This is a real toughie on one hand do you perhaps turn down a decent amount of money and run the risk of having a player who may have had his head turned and form could suffer?

Take an offer against losing the player on a free come the end of a season and perhaps watching the wheels come off a possible promotion bandwagon?

The only thing I would say is in my eyes since we came back to the League, Michel Symes this season has even eclipsed Paul Mullin as not only a striker but a genuine target man, giving us a totally new dimension to our style of play.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 19:17   #55

I agree Michael has given a different style of play however take the money and run as we dont want him to go for nothing. Kee would and does make a good partner and Gary King is a striker option too. Its another defender we could do with securing. If we get injuries we havent too much choice for back up.
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 20:44   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by new red View Post
I agree Michael has given a different style of play however take the money and run as we dont want him to go for nothing. Kee would and does make a good partner and Gary King is a striker option too. Its another defender we could do with securing. If we get injuries we havent too much choice for back up.
unfortunately at this point in their careers I don't think either of them with the greatest respect could fill the hole it would leave in the team if Symesy does leave

What we have in Michael Symes is something rarer than Rocking Horse Poo

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 20:54   #57
Senior Member+

Hope coley has a quiet word in micheals ear, just like he did to gary roberts before he moved to the championship, but i hope this time he is listenin to as coley knows best as symes has found out this season, whatever coley is feeding the guy and doing in training is certainly working for him and the rest of the players

Old 27-01-2010, 21:04   #58

Sadly its a no brainer if he can leave in the summer on a free. Not long ago 150k was the difference in having a team to support and not. Also as a club Accy can get the reputation of revitalising a young players career after initial rejection therefore possibly encouraging other youngsters to choose ASFC over rival suitors.
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 21:06   #59
God Member

what if it wasnt Symes they were watching? I'm thinking Jimmy Ryan fits the bill more closely to what Preston need/want
Old 27-01-2010, 21:09   #60
Senior Member+

6 of 1 half a dozen of the other really aint it! Do we keep reject all offers, keep him for rest of season than let him go on a free after we possably got into the play-offs, some good tv money day, or let him go now for 300k and maybe not see play-offs but still finsh top 12

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..