Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2010, 15:55   #196
God Member

Re: Torquay

Happy with a draw - but a goal would have been nice
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-09-2010, 15:59   #197
God Member

yep would be great to get rid of our goal-less voodoo!!

A pt's a pt and we'll take it

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 15:59   #198
Senior Member+

Yep - we must have goals (for us!) on Friday.

Being able to listen isn't helping my nerves much ........
Old 11-09-2010, 16:06   #199

I couldn't listen. If i can't watch what's going on i can't bring myself to listen. I settled for watching Jeff Stelling and casting the occasional gaze on to this thread.

On the last page Big Al posted "gutted" followed by Cashman posting "Oh No" and then Minster Onymfo posting "Oh god here we go". I feared the worst and expected Jeff Stelling to announce a later winner for Torquay.

It didn't come, so thanks fellas!!!!
Larry Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 16:18   #200
Dan
Senior Member+

Having spoken to Coley, I owe the ref an apology!

Mr Coleman says he got the late handball right. So I stand corrected!

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 16:29   #201
God Member

Bet Coley wasn't as understanding about Jimmy's booking though - I know it's difficult to tell when you haven't actually seen the incident but it did sound a bit harsh
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 16:37   #202
Senior Member+

Gutted I had to miss the trip this season, but ill take a clean sheet away from home and a point against an on form side.

Roll on Lincoln friday
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 16:51   #203
God Member

Someone pulled the plug on my connection during last 2 mins good job I didn't miss owt as someone was keen to get back home to the telly

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 17:17   #204
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post

Of course there is a certain Preston fan who will be on the team bus back from Torquay by the time they kick off. If they start losing I might just send him some texts to make his journey seem even longer
Just a little reminder dave!!! have ya sent those texts yet?
Old 11-09-2010, 18:09   #205
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

great comeback ya spawny get.
Old 11-09-2010, 20:20   #206
Senior Member+

just got back from the game and thought acci controlled the tempo of the game except for the first five minutes
This was confirmed by the home team sponsors mom being there goalkeeper!
Playing from the back and retaining possession silenced the home crowd who expected a easy victory.
One little moan , i thought sean mac run out of steam with 30 mins to go and really needed replacing,but its always a big call to make a sub when your away to the top of the league and controlling the game.
I know we have lost grants,symes and kees goals but someone has to step up and put the finishing touch to some great football being played
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 21:55   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I'm glad I don't work in a bank

Of course there is a certain Preston fan who will be on the team bus back from Torquay by the time they kick off. If they start losing I might just send him some texts to make his journey seem even longer

Out of interest, who is the North End fan on the bus? I ask because it seems there may well be TWO extremley dissapointed PNE fans on the bus back from Torquay.
Larry Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 22:18   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Lobster View Post
Out of interest, who is the North End fan on the bus? I ask because it seems there may well be TWO extremley dissapointed PNE fans on the bus back from Torquay.
Kipax I think. He was a PNE fan until he got hooked on the Stanley
Minister Onymfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 22:30   #209
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

No coach to Torquay
Unfortunately, I have had to pull out on running a coach to Torquay this weekend. A combination of high cost and lack of numbers are the main contributors.. the trip would simply not be cost effective.

Thank you for all you travellers so far this season and I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regards
Ash----------------------- bit confused ash posted this the other day.:confu sed:
Old 11-09-2010, 23:10   #210
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Lobster View Post
Mick Schultz is a stonewall PNE fan, even has a pne number plate the saddo!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..