Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2011, 14:26   #46
God Member

Re: Southend Thread

Step back for a minute and think what the people who are employed by the Club must be thinking and going through....

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-02-2011, 14:27   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Our club is going down the pan & it kills me.

We are being run by a man whose only experience of football is videoing the game.

More & more will just not bother like Cashy..... such a shame
I cut my losses in December - had enough with the whalley and twin farse so quite used to postponements lol BUT couldn't take the upset of the clubs running and unfair on coley and players! Even bollough park was hive of footballing activity this morning - without a groundsman and money spent on pitch, and more chance of being boggier than crown, yet the football played. 70 grand crown pitch yer having a laugh!!!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 14:27   #48
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
I don't think we need to look too far ahead, as I can't see the club surviving much longer. This rudderless ship with the ghost of EW at the wheel is going to get blown out of the water. That man will never be forgiven.
I think if I punched the guy on the nose I would feel much better, for a short while

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 14:33   #49

We have better facilities at University of Manchester than Stanley have. More than 27 football pitches in Northern Moor by the M60 and I was playing on them on Wednesday, I'm pretty sure the pitches get used by a few different local/university leagues for football and rugby several days a week and I have only played on pitch in the state of Stanley's once. I just don't get how it cuts up so much.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 14:33   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red
Now, let's see who is actually in charge of the running of the club.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 14:35   #51
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Step back for a minute and think what the people who are employed by the Club must be thinking and going through....
why its nowt to do wi them, its the clown responsible fer NO early inspection were the buck stops Simple as. plus what about stanley fans who have travelled n southend fans, why try to water this farce down?
Old 12-02-2011, 14:36   #52
Senior Member+

Quote:
If I were employed by the club, I would think it is being run by self-centred and incompetent numpties.

I wonder if the very recent seminar on match-day experience covered the issues arising from pitch condition and match postponement.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 14:41   #53
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]If I were employed by the club, I would think it is being run by self-centred and incompetent numpties.
Nail on the head.
Old 12-02-2011, 14:41   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
its the clown responsible fer NO early inspection were the buck stops
Rob Heys? He was on the radio defending the state of the pitch.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 14:41   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
why its nowt to do wi them, its the clown responsible fer NO early inspection were the buck stops Simple as. plus what about stanley fans who have travelled n southend fans, why try to water this farce down?
I think the problem is ( and it's happened on numerous occasions ) they hope that if they wait for the referee to turn up he will be put in a position to play it, especially if the visiting team have travelled some distance. Doesn't work that way. If the pitch is unfit the referee runs the risk of being thrown off the list and even worse sued.

If thats not the case then somebody more qualified should at least check the pitch and see if it's going to warrant an inspection. I've been able to tell half the time if a match is going to be on and I've been nowhere near the ground. As an ex-referee you get an idea what's what, call me
Old 12-02-2011, 14:45   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
not watering anything down Cashy, they are the ones who will have to deal with it face to face.

Having made the trip over myself which is nothing compared to the Southend supporters trip up there are no excuses for what happened.

I also agree it make's us laughing stock on top of everything else that is bubbling away.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 14:56   #57
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
not watering anything down Cashy, they are the ones who will have to deal with it face to face.

Having made the trip over myself which is nothing compared to the Southend supporters trip up there are no excuses for what happened.

I also agree it make's us laughing stock on top of everything else that is bubbling away.
Thats the job they are employed to do! n also why i agree wi revived reds comment, if yeh had said yer last comment before i would not have thought yeh were watering it down.
Old 12-02-2011, 15:00   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I think the problem is ( and it's happened on numerous occasions ) they hope that if they wait for the referee to turn up he will be put in a position to play it, especially if the visiting team have travelled some distance. Doesn't work that way. If the pitch is unfit the referee runs the risk of being thrown off the list and even worse sued.

If thats not the case then somebody more qualified should at least check the pitch and see if it's going to warrant an inspection. I've been able to tell half the time if a match is going to be on and I've been nowhere near the ground. As an ex-referee you get an idea what's what, call me
You said last night with the state the pitch was in last week that it was a good chance it'll be off.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 15:00   #59
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Spoken to Lew on the phone earlier,the game wasn't called off because of that sanded arear which the ref had inspected not long after he arrived at the ground!!he was happy with that as long as sand was put down,which was done by buzzer.apparently when he came out for a second inspection after the sand was put down he didn't even go anywhere near that area but went to a diffrent arear which had a small amount of standing water and bounced the ball which only half bounced,thats when he called it off not because of the sanded arear.
Old 12-02-2011, 15:03   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
You said last night with the state the pitch was in last week that it was a good chance it'll be off.
Don't tell everybody, they will think I'm a smart ass

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..