Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Cisak or Bouzanis?
Alex Cisak 32 91.43%
Dean Bouzanis 3 8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-04-2011, 01:05   #1
Junior Member+

Lightbulb Cisak or Bouzanis?

Hi guys,

Interested to know your thoughts on Cisak and Bouzanis as a comparison. There's always a lot of talk/hype about Bouzanis as the next Australian keeper. How would you compare them? Cisak seems to have done pretty well this season and they are competing for the Olympic spot. Who would you guys start?
socceroo fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-04-2011, 06:57   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Cisak or Bouzanis?

Its funny you should bring this up as I was discussing this with a friend at the game yesterday. Bouzer when we had him had a decent presence but had the ability to flap at airiel stuff, he was a great shot stopper and a decent communicator but his distribution sometimes let him down. As good as Deano was last season he used to make me nervous watching!!!

Alex is excellent in the air, a superb shot stopper and a good communicator, his distribution is also very good. The run of game he's on at the minute have seen him grow from a slightly nervous young man into a very solid and dependable keeper who we believe it will be difficult to keep hold of at the end of the season. Its no coincidence that stanley have gone on a very good run since his inclusion in the team and we suddenly have a defence that look the most comfortable I think i've ever seen them.

So for me it has to be Alex.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 07:06   #3

Cisak seems to have the defence better organised.
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 08:03   #4
Senior Member+

I thought Bouzanis was a great signing when we got him, and he put in some great performances, but as with the above comments the sheer improvement of Cisak since he came into the side has been nothing short of remarkable.

No doubt in my mind its 1 of the main reasons for this fantastic run we are having.

Dont forget how well Bav's played in the first 20 games of the season, and its a tribute to Alex that he has kept Ian out of the side.

Also credit to Coley for throwing a 21 year old straight into the side, its proved to be a masterstroke!!!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 08:26   #5
God Member

Smile Re: Cisak or Bouzanis?

Sparkie has summed it up for me, though I thought Bouzer was brill last season, Alex has inspired the back four, in my opinion!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 08:39   #6
God Member

Sorry Socceroo, but just like Pavalova, Phar Lap,Outrageous Fortune and Russell Crowe, he's ours... 2nd thoughts you can have Russell Crowe.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 09:01   #7
Senior Member+

Alex by a country mile in my opinion.
My only concerns earlier in the season was his agility/shot stopping as hes a big lump of a lad,but that soon disappeared once his confidence grew with a run of games.
Indeed yesterday he pulled out a top drawer save tipping one over the bar in the second half,real quality.
No real faults in his game and hes destined for the top
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 09:19   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

fer me Cisak easy, even before King Kenny.
Old 24-04-2011, 09:19   #9
Senior Member+

I agree with most comments on this topic, for me Alex Cisak is OUR number 1.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 09:48   #10
Senior Member+

Id rate Alex alongside Arthur at the moment.

If he carries on he may just be knocking at the door of our greatest keeper (In my opinion)

Mr Robbie Elliott
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 10:28   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Sorry Socceroo, but just like Pavalova, Phar Lap,Outrageous Fortune and Russell Crowe, he's ours... 2nd thoughts you can have Russell Crowe.
I'm talking bout Ciask.
Old 24-04-2011, 10:54   #12
Junior Member+

Wow. Some really interesting stuff in the comments. We hear in Australia about bouzanis being the next 'mark bosnich' so it's really interesting to hear that. Maybe Cisak could be the next 'mark bosnich if he stayed off coke' then.

Haha Kiwi, you can keep all aforementioned, but Cisak and the flight of the concord are ours!
socceroo fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 12:25   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by socceroo fan View Post
Haha Kiwi, you can keep all aforementioned, but Cisak and the flight of the concord are ours!
U are of course joking re Flight of the Concord
Old 24-04-2011, 12:52   #14
God Member

Lol, who voted for Bouza? He's like most semi-decent keepers in League 2; good shot stopper, but that's about it. Cisak has the whole package and is only going to get better.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 13:05   #15
Junior Member+

Can't you see your way clear to letting Bavo play tomorrow instead?
MattSTFC is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..