Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2011, 17:11   #31
God Member

Re: 5 confirmed signed

Want to borrow this cashy?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-07-2011, 19:37   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Hopefully Charlie B follows soon, he could be instrumental this season !!!
Agreed. He can step into Ryan's shoes pulling the strings in midfield, and has a decent shot on him.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:30   #33
Senior Member+

Without doubt he could step into Jimmys role in the team.
Class player,but sometimes with these type of players,they relax and switch off.
Hes so laid back,sometimes you think hes not up for it,but when he is,what a quality player,who has everything.
IMHO thats why he drifted away the second half of the season, as Colemans wont have anything less than 100% desire and commitment,but as i said,if the penny drops with him,he can be as good, if not better, than Ryan
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:47   #34
God Member

i think the biggest reason he dropped off (or out) was that when he got injured and missed a match he was replaced by the enigma that is Luke Joyce - who never gave the place away. In my humble opinion Luke, Luke, Luke Joyce is the most under-rated player we have.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:58   #35
Senior Member+

Macca,Dont think Luke Joyce has ever been under-rated.Good player,nice technique,never goes hiding when things arent goin his way.
Always gives 100%,and never moans when out the team.
Hes got a great engine, may just lack a yard of pace,but under-rated?,certainly not by me!!!,would always be in my first eleven
Old 12-07-2011, 10:57   #36
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Macca,Dont think Luke Joyce has ever been under-rated.Good player,nice technique,never goes hiding when things arent goin his way.
Always gives 100%,and never moans when out the team.
Hes got a great engine, may just lack a yard of pace,but under-rated?,certainly not by me!!!,would always be in my first eleven
I agree with both you and Macca. I just hope Coley can go with Joyce, Proccy and Charlie in his starting 11.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:33   #37
Senior Member+

Assuming last years system is adopted (4-2-3-1),Proccy and joycy can play the two,charlie and craney in the three,just leaves us with one more and a centre forward.
If no more signings are made ,then push joyce forward and bring in murp(or burton)),with Linfield the loan striker.
That leaves the defence,deano,coid,hessey and a big centre back (hopefully long).Dunbavin in goals and hey presto we have a reasonable team!
Did hear that an experienced centre mid had been lined up,in a similar mold to jimmy
Old 12-07-2011, 13:22   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

lindfield another 100% no doubt, not div2 standard fer me, good lad, aint up to it.
Old 12-07-2011, 14:24   #39

Lindfield and Murphy no where near league 2 standard IMHO at best should be used as subs.
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 17:02   #40
God Member

Smile Re: 5 confirmed signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
lindfield another 100% no doubt, not div2 standard fer me, good lad, aint up to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by new red View Post
Lindfield and Murphy no where near league 2 standard IMHO at best should be used as subs.

Coley knows best!!!!

ASFC News Story > 4159

I like the guy, but I feel he is not up to it, as he has not been fit!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 17:19   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Coley knows best!!!!

ASFC News Story > 4159

I like the guy, but I feel he is not up to it, as he has not been fit!!!

Beggars can't be choosers & right now he's the only striker we've got, I'd love to think Craig can step up to the mark this season but like others, have my doubts - wouldn't mind him proving me wrong though, & at least he's willing to stay & give it a go
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 17:33   #42
Senior Member+

Agree with everybody's comments re: craig and peter.

Here's hoping they prove me and everybody else wrong.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 18:03   #43
Senior Member+

come on lads,your all being negative again!!,the only difference between Craig and Gornell is about a stone in weight .
Technique,pace,workrate-nothing between them,finishing and heading,again nothing between them,Craig just needs to bulk up and be a bit more aggressive.
He has ability,just needs a good start,bit of confidence,few goals---- like sean mac did last year
ps- i am sure he wont go hiding even if things arent goin his way
Old 12-07-2011, 20:20   #44
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
come on lads,your all being negative again!!,the only difference between Craig and Gornell is about a stone in weight .
Technique,pace,workrate-nothing between them,finishing and heading,again nothing between them,Craig just needs to bulk up and be a bit more aggressive.
He has ability,just needs a good start,bit of confidence,few goals---- like sean mac did last year
ps- i am sure he wont go hiding even if things arent goin his way
It's getting boring agreeing with all your posts,19, but yet again I do think as you do on this. Give the man a decent chance to show what he can do as a front man and he could come good and grab his opportunity.
Old 12-07-2011, 20:28   #45
Senior Member+

Well you must have watched a different game to me last season im afraid.

Every time I saw Craig play, he looked massively slow and off the pace. Boulding looked a far better player. Obviously the knee injury pre-season didnt help his cause, coupled the fact we only played 1 front man in Gornell, he was always going to struggle to get games.

However you dont spend time at Liverpool for nothing, and ill never forget the goal he scored for Notts County at the Crown against us a couple of years back.

Here is hoping for a different Craig this season.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..