Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2012, 21:22   #46

Re: Match Thread V Barnet.....................

Devastated about todays result. They played like they expected the 3pts to be given to them.
Ouber is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-01-2012, 23:02   #47
Senior Member+

Smudgie,you must have watched a different game to me by saying the playing surface didnt give them an advantage.
How many times did there fullbacks get forward?,how many times did there keeper roll the ball out?---not many.
The game should not have been played,indeed Barnet wanted it called off.
Did the conditions suit our passing game? or there long ball and contest the second?---- If you think it suited us and had no bearing on the game, then its you whos talking garbage.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 23:14   #48
Senior Member+

My last post was endorsed by there manager,ie; the conditions suited them and cost Acci there unbeaten run, thats how i saw it,but not smudgie!!!
Old 14-01-2012, 23:19   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The way i saw it was Stanley kept pumping the ball in the air to midget forwards,which Barnets giant defenders gobbled up all afternoon. The state of the pitch is irrelevant, ok it shouldn't have been played- It was - Barnet adapted far better, simple as.

Last edited by cashman; 14-01-2012 at 23:28.
cashman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 23:36   #50
Resting in Peace

The question that has to be asked is why was the shady area alongside the stands not covered overnight? A hard frost was forecast so there shouldn't have been a problem. However, I heard an incredible rumour at the match that the 50/50 draw profits are going towards a new set of covers. If that is true what's happened to the old ones? Are we so impoverished that we can't provide against any future heavy frosts. After all, its still only early January!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 23:44   #51
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
The way i saw it was Stanley kept pumping the ball in the air to midget forwards,which Barnets giant defenders gobbled up all afternoon. The state of the pitch is irrelevant, ok it shouldn't have been played- It was - Barnet adapted far better, simple as.
Exactly. I didn't see much of Barnet pumping long balls up to get the knock downs. On the contrary, they played the ball to feet extremely well. One delicious through ball to McCleod , split our centre backs perfectly and only a dubious offside decision saved us, as it did several times, much to his frustration. We were lucky not to concede 2 or 3 more goals.
Old 14-01-2012, 23:54   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
The question that has to be asked is why was the shady area alongside the stands not covered overnight? A hard frost was forecast so there shouldn't have been a problem. However, I heard an incredible rumour at the match that the 50/50 draw profits are going towards a new set of covers. If that is true what's happened to the old ones? Are we so impoverished that we can't provide against any future heavy frosts. After all, its still only early January!
It was frozen cause the groundman had his hours/wage cut to half until this week.....Although we cannot blame the pitch barnet turned up with a game plan which has caused us problems before and will again it's called a 6ft 4 defence and some pacy wingers, add that to the fact they wanted the win and mix in that ref and that gives us the result we got..... From the best of Stanley at burton the the worst today

Bring on the shots
Old 15-01-2012, 07:50   #53
Senior Member+

We obviously a watch a different game every week 19.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2012, 10:25   #54
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins View Post
It was frozen cause the groundman had his hours/wage cut to half until this week..
Cheers, John. When you say "until this week" does that mean Buzzer's hours have been restored and that the pitch will be now be covered for heavy frost conditions?
Old 15-01-2012, 11:18   #55
Senior Member+

Was told that Acci dont have enough frost sheets to cover the whole pitch,which if true is unbelieveable.
Most clubs have them for there training pitches as well as the stadium.
Old 15-01-2012, 11:22   #56
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Was told that Acci dont have enough frost sheets to cover the whole pitch,which if true is unbelieveable.
Most clubs have them for there training pitches as well as the stadium.
Probaby is the case, i was up crown the other year when heavy snow n frost was about, n only about two thirds was covered.
Old 15-01-2012, 11:27   #57
Senior Member+

If thats the case Cashy,then Acci have no excuses.
Hard rutted pitches are a great leveller and we have paid for it.
Old 15-01-2012, 11:33   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
If thats the case Cashy,then Acci have no excuses.
Hard rutted pitches are a great leveller and we have paid for it.
But i don't blame the pitch, We paid fer it cos Barnet adapted far better, aint rocket science.
Old 15-01-2012, 11:45   #59

Like john said Barnet came with a good set up. 4huge defenders.... to which we just kept pumping the ball up in the air for them to tower above podge and micah. Also give our two full backs a pacey winger to challenge and they cant deal with it. Murphy and Mcintyre were gave the run around.

Did we have an out & out striker on the pitch? someone with a constant goal threat, simple NO! everytime barnet midfield picked up the ball Mcleod was off running direct towards goal. We need it.

All in all not a good performance, but lets hope it was just a blip. Those challenging the premier league title can do it to. I think this might be a 'smell the coffee' match kicked them back into gear and drive onto the playoffs/automatic.

Believe my friends.
Old 15-01-2012, 12:00   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsFc62 View Post
....I think this might be a 'smell the coffee' match kicked them back into gear and drive onto the playoffs/automatic.
this.

On the subject of frost covers I seem to remember that when I was running the Supporters Club we were asked to contribute towards some frost covers as 'from the beginning of next season every club has to have ....' I can't remember exactly what it was but something along the lines of some new fangled dealies that should guarantee games on down to -5º or so.

Its irrelevant whether it should have been played or not, because it was played, but the fact that there is/was a doubt when the temperature was only half a degree below is shocking. I suspect that the lack of covers mightn't be a problem, but people at the ground (full time staff) to actually pull them on might be.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..