Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree98Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-02-2013, 18:32   #61
God Member

Re: Leam Richardson - the worst manager in Stanley's history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
How did you know it was his birthday?
It was mentioned on the Burnley forums. He may have been one of Stanleys worst managers but he was a class act at the Turf. Stanley might not want him back as manager but oh how they could do with his wizardry on the pitch
Old 17-02-2013, 19:28   #62
Senior Member+

For what it's worth.i am a 4-3-3 fan,with a holding player,two centrally advanced players,two wide up and downers and a focal point centre forward.Playing this way was the signal of our decent run to the play offs,previously, we had two holding midfielders I a 4-2-3-1,and although we didn't conceed many,we just couldn't turn draws into wins away from home.
Playing this way,we force teams to go around us,and with the experience in wide areas,it may suit us.
Saying that,a few teams are now reverting to a 4-4-2 system,but in reality it's more of a 4-1-3-2.
Personal i think we are missing are Bavs and Linney,how many points were down to the keeper at the start of the season,and linneys work up and down the line can't be understated
Old 18-02-2013, 10:26   #63
Full Member+

Dav007 , you seem to have all the answers , so why don't you come along to Stanley on Sat and give Leam all the correct solutions .It seems a shame to keep the answers to yourself. Leam is very approachable and I feel sure he will appreciate your input . Problem solved. A guaranteed win !
jaysay likes this.
Old 18-02-2013, 17:06   #64

For what its worth the time to have got rid of Leam would have been in January.

We've made our bet now we've just got to see where the ball drops.

Hughes and Hunt might just tighten up our defence enough to scrape some clean sheets - its just the lack of goals that concerns me - Boco is our top scorer get him in the middle in place of Beattie where he can be some use.
Old 18-02-2013, 21:30   #65
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Its a proven fact when clubs employ a new manager results pick up.
How many examples do you want of that being an absolute crock......

Alan Knill took over at Scunthorpe when they were struggling in the championship....promptly went down that season.

Alan Shearer took over at Newcastle a few years back....anyone remember how that season ended up???

Our old "friend" Westley went to North End....I notice that one worked out well !!!

Dean Saunders has taken over at Wolves this season from the Norwegian bloke (remember the guy who took over from Terry Clarke....who took over from Mick McCarthy). Ten games and counting and they're still searching for a first win!!! And sliding closer to the Championship trapdoor.

Kevin Blackwell took over at Bury earlier this season. I know they haven't won more than two or three since he took over.Firmly entrenched at the wrong end of League One.

The list goes on and on .......and those are just a handful of examples on how well thought out that comment was about " a proven fact "

Just a thought, but do any of these folk calling for Leams removal, have another part time past-time....Like walking around town centres with one of them A-boards with words to the effect of "The End is Nigh"??

For crying out loud, get behind the side and post something positive. I'm sure if any of the lads in the squad read some of the drivel that's been posted on here recently, I'm sure they're absolutely brimming with the confidence that these statements & "proven facts" bestow.....NOT.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.

Last edited by carpon; 18-02-2013 at 21:32. Reason: Missed a bit!
Old 18-02-2013, 22:56   #66
Full Member+

Thumbs down Re: Leam Richardson - the worst manager in Stanley's history?

Liam Richardson has managed one win in the last sixteen games yet some would want to ban calls for his dismissal! Do those folk know of some master plan to see us relegated this season, but under his leadership see us win the conference next season? If we go down we'll join a queue of former league clubs much bigger than ourselves who've spent hundreds of thousands and many years trying to regain their league status, and status is what it's all about!
Kid yourselves that we'll have some great non league days out if you must, but we will fade into obscurity as far as the football world, and the media are concerned. No twenty seconds mentions on The Football League Show, no mentions on Granada Reports or North West Tonight, and the thought of Radio Lancashire swooning over those non entity seaside dumps Morecambe and Fleetwood, while our world famous club hardly gets a mention fills me with horror!
The writing is on the wall! Better managers have been sacked for far less than a one win in sixteen return!
Old 19-02-2013, 05:27   #67
Senior Member+

There are just as many examples of changing the manager has a positive affect.

The results are terrible, Leam has had more than enough time, change the manager
Old 19-02-2013, 05:42   #68
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post

For crying out loud, get behind the side and post something positive. I'm sure if any of the lads in the squad read some of the drivel that's been posted on here recently, I'm sure they're absolutely brimming with the confidence that these statements & "proven facts" bestow.....NOT.
!
I suggest you speak to the players, they have made up their own minds.

And can you stop burying your head in the sand? No matter how much you support Leam, your not going to change the fact he is the wrong man for the job.

I will deal in facts that the club is heading for football disaster by dropping out of the league, you can concentrate on this bizarre notion of blind loyalty and support, the same mentality the clubs senior management have shown by letting us sleepwalk into a relegation battle and if things dont change, the non league.
Old 19-02-2013, 08:39   #69
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstanley asfc View Post
Liam Richardson
Why is it that so many of those calling for the dismissal of the manager cannot even spell his name?
Quote:
Originally Posted by winstanley asfc View Post
we will fade into obscurity as far as the football world, and the media are concerned. No twenty seconds mentions on The Football League Show, no mentions on Granada Reports or North West Tonight, and the thought of Radio Lancashire swooning over those non entity seaside dumps Morecambe and Fleetwood, while our world famous club hardly gets a mention fills me with horror!
Oh dear. This sounds truly catastrophic.
Old 19-02-2013, 08:57   #70
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Why is it that so many of those calling for the dismissal of the manager cannot even spell his name?

Oh dear. This sounds truly catastrophic.
Your right.
Going back to the non league is the best outcome for the fans, club and town.
Old 19-02-2013, 09:01   #71
God Member

Quote:
!
I suggest you speak to the players, they have made up their own minds.

And can you stop burying your head in the sand? No matter how much you support Leam, your not going to change the fact he is the wrong man for the job.

I will deal in facts that the club is heading for football disaster by dropping out of the league, you can concentrate on this bizarre notion of blind loyalty and support, the same mentality the clubs senior management have shown by letting us sleepwalk into a relegation battle and if things dont change, the non league.
I must apologise, there was me thinking you were just blindly blithering on about Leam not being up to the job - I didn't realise you had spoken to every single player & got their take on it
Hang on a minute though - slight flaw in that theory seeing as how Deano's dad has publicly said on here that the lads are 100% behind Leam?
I for one know who I believe!
Redash likes this.
Old 19-02-2013, 09:41   #72
Senior Member+

Are you really that naive to think they would say anything else publicly?
Old 19-02-2013, 10:05   #73
God Member

Quote:
Your right.
Going back to the non league is the best outcome for the fans, club and town.
best outcome for the fans is to still have a club to support

best outcome for the club, depends what your take is. Do you want the club to simply have as many fans as it can? do you want the club to have a higher financial turnover? or are you happy to have a lcub to support no matter what the level? Its also highly probably the club could turn a profit in non-league which in turn can be pumped into some of the things that many of us think we should have been doing before we got to the league (and thus might have had more fans)

best outcome for the town? well what has FL status given the town so far? and in return what has the town given back?

You're missing the point. We'd all rather have FL status than not, but wittering on like old ladies on here isn't going to change whether or not the club could afford to change the manager if it so desired. So all you're doing is undermining and destabilising the unilateral support that the majority would rather show to Leam and co, whatever they think of his still being in charge.
Old 19-02-2013, 10:11   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
best outcome for the fans is to still have a club to support

best outcome for the club, depends what your take is. Do you want the club to simply have as many fans as it can? do you want the club to have a higher financial turnover? or are you happy to have a lcub to support no matter what the level? Its also highly probably the club could turn a profit in non-league which in turn can be pumped into some of the things that many of us think we should have been doing before we got to the league (and thus might have had more fans)

best outcome for the town? well what has FL status given the town so far? and in return what has the town given back?

You're missing the point. We'd all rather have FL status than not, but wittering on like old ladies on here isn't going to change whether or not the club could afford to change the manager if it so desired. So all you're doing is undermining and destabilising the unilateral support that the majority would rather show to Leam and co, whatever they think of his still being in charge.
Blimey, you talk some sense at times Rob
Redash likes this.
Old 19-02-2013, 10:34   #75
God Member

i've had me medication this morning
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..