Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-07-2013, 20:49   #1
God Member

Pompey Game

What is the thinking behind no advance ticket sales for visiting fans at the Pompey Fixture?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-07-2013, 21:21   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Pompey Game

They may just get em same time as we get our season tickets?
Old 18-07-2013, 23:46   #3
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
What is the thinking behind no advance ticket sales for visiting fans at the Pompey Fixture?
Dune know unless the police have told stanley that pompey fans wont be traveling in numbers with it been on tv with a 12.45pm ko.. taken off portsmouth site..
Watch Pompey at home and on the road

Last edited by mab; 18-07-2013 at 23:48.
mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2013, 06:45   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Dune know unless the police have told stanley that pompey fans wont be traveling in numbers with it been on tv with a 12.45pm ko.. taken off portsmouth site..
Watch Pompey at home and on the road
That seems very odd? Says tickets can only be bought at Store First Stadium on day of game. seems mental to me.
Old 19-07-2013, 08:16   #5
God Member

certainly mental for that game. I would have thought that Pompey were a shoe in for selling out their tickets. At least pre-sales would give us an idea of how many police we need to provide doughnuts for.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2013, 10:12   #6

Pompey fans are as bemused as we are

Portsmouth Forum - Are Accrington Stanley serious?
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2013, 10:26   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

They have every right to be annoyed, this is crazy wi no explanation forthcoming. Pompey have always had a great following ,n sky or not am sure they would sell out the away allocation, Fans who travel so far deserve better than this imho. If many more travel than the away allocation, the police will have trouble they never imagined, I find it hard to think its anything to do wi them?
Old 19-07-2013, 10:41   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
They have every right to be annoyed, this is crazy wi no explanation forthcoming. Pompey have always had a great following ,n sky or not am sure they would sell out the away allocation, Fans who travel so far deserve better than this imho. If many more travel than the away allocation, the police will have trouble they never imagined, I find it hard to think its anything to do wi them?
Quite right Cashy, unless they are thinking of allowing the Pompy fans the whole of the scatting shed and the Copice end ,that would probably accommodate 2000, the problem then arises if 3000 travel.Stanley are being very short sighted, and probably dangerously so in HMO?
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2013, 10:47   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy McQueen View Post
Quite right Cashy, unless they are thinking of allowing the Pompy fans the whole of the scatting shed and the Copice end ,that would probably accommodate 2000, the problem then arises if 3000 travel.Stanley are being very short sighted, and probably dangerously so in HMO?
I will be amazed if oer 2000 don't travel Tommy. I know times have changed, but last time they played Stanley in the Cup Thousands came, and after that when we had No team same thing at Rovers, always brought a large following.
Old 19-07-2013, 10:54   #10

Yes Cashy I do hope they know what they are doing, could be a whole lot of trouble in store.
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2013, 10:59   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Meself i would not like our fans to be treated so shabbily on there travels, So therefore the same applies to anyone else.
Old 19-07-2013, 11:15   #12
God Member

Their average away support last season was 436 across all league games, and ratio to their home support is 7.6%.

Given the time of kick off and live on telly I really can't see over 1,500 dragging themselves out of bed at some ungodly hour and travelling to Accrington, even though they have great support for where the club are now.
Old 19-07-2013, 12:37   #13

perhaps someone connected with the club will enlighten us - Mr T ?
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2013, 12:43   #14

- - - would also be interesting if the match prog reprinted reports on the '59 FA cup game up yon and the replay down south against our 9 fit men, with 'keeper McInnes limping badly on the wing. Dan, is this your area ?
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2013, 17:07   #15
Senior Member+

A pretty stupid decision agreed.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..