Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-08-2013, 07:27   #16

Re: Dawbs To Marine..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Well at the collect your season ticket event I arrived just as JB and PS were asked about signing a keeper for cover and I missed the first part of the answer but the second part was that Peter Murphy would go in goal if Ian Dunbavin was injured. When I checked with someone later who had heard all the answer they said that JB had said that the club couldn't sign a keeper for "legal reasons". Did anyone else hear this answer?
THATS CORRECT .... The one person who can verify the situation is Mark Turner he comes on here quite a lot and he will know pricisely what the latest position is ....that is " Could we get a goalkeeper on loan if a emergency situation arose ....." That simple .... He has spoke before on the clubs behalf so its up to you Mark ...
ianray is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-08-2013, 12:18   #17
God Member

Not for Cav, I'd imagine, Accymad.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 13:49   #18

Re: Re: Dawbs To Marine..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I'm pretty sure the comment about Murph going in goal was done tongue in cheek being that Peter has played almost every other position in his time at Stanley.
Wouldn't be the first time we've had to utilise an outfield player or two though, remember Bradford PA at home in i think Marsden trophy final - Jamo was sent off, Barry Hart went in goal - then got sent off, we ended up with Cav in the nets if i'm not mistaken - happy days
Sure I remember Jonathan Smith also used to fancy himself as a keeper?
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 15:01   #19
God Member

Paul Becks 300th and final appearance for Stanley was as goalkeeper at Chorley.

I remember Steve Bramwell (fishmonger on Accy market) playing as emergency keeper away at Eastwood Hanley - man of the match if I recall correctly!
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 18:03   #20

correct there macca, dont forget david hargeaves had a go in 1978,
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 18:12   #21

The only solution is to resign speare.i dont care how old he is i bet e could stil do a job
sausage butty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 18:19   #22
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianray View Post
I think you will find that ASFC CANNOT sign any players on loan until the Rob Heys situation has been resolved . Don't quote me because i may be wrong
Paul R is available on free transfer therefore we can sign him
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 18:28   #23

Re: Re: Dawbs To Marine..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sausage butty View Post
The only solution is to resign speare.i dont care how old he is i bet e could stil do a job
Agreed. Doesn't even need to use his hands he'll just save it with his head!
Redraine likes this.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 19:33   #24
Super Moderator

So much to say but will keep quiet

Yes David Hargreaves played at St. Helens and kept a clean sheet ( the sec of the day was registered!!)

And yes Steve Bramwell did well at Eastwood (again the sec was 2nd choice, even though registered!!)

Rob Atkinson fancys a go!!

ASFC love multitaskers!!

Wonder if Beatts wants to add to his CV
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 22:14   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Paul R is available on free transfer therefore we can sign him
Assuming, of course, that we could afford to pay him.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 22:24   #26

sorry if i've missed something, but isn't it a bit daft to send a keeper out on loan when it doesn't look like we're going to get cover in. No matter how inexperienced he must be better than an outfield player!
Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2013, 06:23   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter View Post
sorry if i've missed something, but isn't it a bit daft to send a keeper out on loan when it doesn't look like we're going to get cover in. No matter how inexperienced he must be better than an outfield player!
Not really if yeh don't regard the young lad as ready fer the league, sending him out to get experience is better to me,than possibly ruining him. Its daft to me not to trust beats, he seems to me to ok so far.
Old 14-08-2013, 06:35   #28
Resting in Peace

Some of the posts on this thread are very funny but I find our situation scary if we really don't have an experienced keeper lined up. This season is going to be hard enough without handing a potentially huge advantage to our opponents. The spectre of tinpottedness looms!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2013, 06:48   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Why redraine?? Do yeh know fer fact the manager aint gonna do owt about it??
Old 14-08-2013, 06:56   #30
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Why redraine?? Do yeh know fer fact the manager aint gonna do owt about it??
Not at all. I said I am only scared IF we don't cover the situation, but we have already run the risk in at least one important league game. Jamo would do for me!!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..