Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-08-2013, 09:52   #46
God Member

Re: More than a manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
At Monday's OSC meeting it was said that 42 youngsters had
taken up the offer of a free season ticket.
Beat me to it
Old 16-08-2013, 10:27   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
It may be a stupid question but who actually owns the club/assets etc..???
GOOD QUES.... Do ASFC still have the SHARE ISSUE money maybe our chairman can let us know ..... If we don't ASFC have not very much left in assets ...but wait a minuet wheres it gone..... i remember a couple of years ago the bailiffs came and apart from the floodlights there were nothing much else of value ...

Last edited by ianray; 16-08-2013 at 10:31.
ianray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 11:00   #48

[QUOTE=ianray;1071564]GOOD QUES.... Do ASFC still have the SHARE ISSUE money maybe our chairman can let us know, BUT HE WON'T..... If we don't ASFC have not very much left in assets ...but wait a minute wheres it gone..... i remember a couple of years ago the bailiffs came and apart from the floodlights there were nothing much else of value ...[/QU

Last edited by ianray; 16-08-2013 at 11:05.
Old 16-08-2013, 11:13   #49
God Member

This seems to be drifting away from what was a timing issue regarding finances, and I would guess, one the club has every summer with no income but players wages to pay up to the end of the July.
Old 16-08-2013, 11:30   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Absolutely correct, Dave. But the retail side is, or should be, more than a generator of income. It should also be a generator of interest; it should generate good vibes about the club. Potential large-scale sponsors will want a return on their sponsorship - they will want people involved and looking at their own product as well as looking at ASFC. At the moment, all that the outsider sees is apathy and lethargy. A thriving retail outlet (or two, or three) would be evidence of dynamism. Where is the "can do" attitude? It's all "can't do" with the usual reasons - too few staff, small town twixt Burnley and Blackburn, etc etc.

Where is the communication between club and fans? We don't want to know confidential information but some kind of meaningful communication would be helpful. Mr T and Valairian do a great job - but they need support. We only need to look through various recent threads to see examples. Just one - someone asked about the take-up of free season tickets that were offered to youngsters. I don't think that was ever answered - and surely it's not confidential. This thread is yet another example. By letting the national press present the story in its own way, the club was on the back foot.

It all gives a very poor impression. Again as others have said, we are a professional footballing team with an embarrassingly amateurish off-the-field approach. Let's be optimistic and assume that results will be good and therefore attendances will increase. The new supporters would certainly be unhappy about the current lack of retail back-up. The inability to buy tickets online is another problem. Yes, people can ring up to buy them - but not in the evening. And again, it gives a bad impression of the club.
If there are any questions / queries that fans have then please contact me as Accrington Stanley's Supporter Liaison Officer.
Email me: [email protected] and I'll try my best to answer.
stanleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 12:49   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyhouse View Post
If there are any questions / queries that fans have then please contact me as Accrington Stanley's Supporter Liaison Officer.
Email me: [email protected] and I'll try my best to answer.

Will it be raining for the next home game ?
MikeA and caretaker like this.
Old 16-08-2013, 14:06   #52

in line with IANRAY comments on a NEW CEO, Paul Fletcher still lives in Newchurch Rossendale and Paul Agnew ( who was sat in the Directors box v Portsmouth could be the guys to take us forward behind the scenes
Both these guys are experienced working at clubs behind the scenes

IT COULD BE OUR MOST IMPORTANT SIGNING YET

Come Stanley put a smile on IanRay s face and make it happen !
stanley nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 15:24   #53
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley nick View Post
in line with IANRAY comments on a NEW CEO, Paul Fletcher still lives in Newchurch Rossendale and Paul Agnew ( who was sat in the Directors box v Portsmouth could be the guys to take us forward behind the scenes

Paul Fletcher yes please. Paul Agnew absolutely NO WAY. The most poorly regarded Press officer the national dailies have ever had the misfortune to deal with and the fan's bogey man in his last job.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 15:28   #54
God Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Paul Fletcher yes please. Paul Agnew absolutely NO WAY. The most poorly regarded Press officer the national dailies have ever had the misfortune to deal with and the fan's bogey man in his last job.
I reckon Fletch's tax & NI should just about double the current payments
Old 16-08-2013, 16:32   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:

I sit next to him every week and believe me Stanley have more chance of winning the FA cup than IANRAY cracking a smile.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 17:17   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
This seems to be drifting away from what was a timing issue regarding finances, and I would guess, one the club has every summer with no income but players wages to pay up to the end of the July.
I agree entirely ....but not long ago Rob Heys said on the radio we get a £1,000,000 a year from other sources surely some of this should be put on one sde to pay the wages in summer .
Old 16-08-2013, 17:19   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbyman View Post
i sit next to him every week and believe me stanley have more chance of winning the fa cup than ianray cracking a smile.
not true I see every home game and every away game on the away coach if i did not enjoy it i would not go) ha ha ha ha ha ha

Last edited by ianray; 16-08-2013 at 17:24.
Old 16-08-2013, 17:45   #58
Senior Member+

Quote:

neither.
advertise the job and see who applies.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 18:09   #59
Full Member+

Why is it always Accrington Stanley who are targetted for tax or arrears , when the Premier BIG guns are in £ millions of debt , yet can still buy players etc at extortionate prices . I love Stanley but feel we are often made samples of.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 18:38   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
neither.
advertise the job and see who applies.
NOWAY If the job was advertised a certain JC and JB might apply and that would be a disaster. NO PAUL FLETCHER is the man for the job keep the short list as short as possible

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..