Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2013, 16:20   #16
Junior Member+

Re: Chesterfield on saturday

Coaches are useless. 35 quid on train
Stanultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-09-2013, 17:54   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanultra View Post
Coaches are useless. 35 quid on train
The coaches are not useless. It's a crying shame that Accrington & District can't fill the minimum number of fans for a coach to run to an away game.
cashman and shillelagh like this.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 18:08   #18
Junior Member+

They are. Trains are much better. Nobody wants to sit on a bus and hear about what pies people want at half time. Buses are boring lol
DAV007 likes this.
Old 06-09-2013, 18:12   #19
God Member

This is clearly someone who never rode Loweiy's lucky fun bus with drunk Frank driving the hills of Harrogate.
Grimps likes this.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 18:16   #20
Junior Member+

Whats that some sort of gay pride event? Lucky fun bus sounds abit suspect lol
Old 06-09-2013, 20:07   #21
Junior Member+

Looking forward to the match tomorrow chaps. Just been reading James Beattie's interview, he seems optimistic.
The one thing that puzzles me is that how come your owners went for an inexperienced manager in Beattie when John Coleman is out of work. He seemed like a perfect fit for your club.
DAV007 likes this.
Metallilad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 20:21   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Things aint always what they seem mate.
Old 06-09-2013, 20:45   #23
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Things aint always what they seem mate.
Right oh. So why so much animosity against Cooky? Was there any anger directed at Coleman?
Old 06-09-2013, 21:32   #24
Senior Member+

Radio Sheffield guy was talking tonight as though Chesterfield only have to turn up.

You show them Accy and finish off the good account you gave there last year!
yonmon likes this.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 21:52   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallilad View Post
Right oh. So why so much animosity against Cooky? Was there any anger directed at Coleman?
'Cos Cooky promised the world, jumped ship when it all went wrong leaving it to his assistant to step up and drag us out of the clarts, then persuaded said assistant to jump ship too ....... enough?

We understood why JC wanted to try his hand with a club with a few more resources. And we were truly grateful for what he achieved over his time with us. But there's a feeling (amongst some of us) that going back wouldn't work - others disagree!
Old 06-09-2013, 21:53   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallilad View Post
The animosity my friend fer snake is simply cos he was full of crap n only stayed part of the season. No anger was directed at Coleman n Bell, in fact most people wished em well. My own personal view is to go forward, yeh should never go back. some agree wi that, some don't. thats life.
Old 07-09-2013, 00:33   #27

Plum tours too.
yonmon likes this.
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:21   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
This is clearly someone who never rode Loweiy's lucky fun bus with drunk Frank driving the hills of Harrogate.
And one who chooses to scoff at stalwart Stanley fans who take some comfort from discussing the relative merits of the cuisine offered at stadia found in League 2.
Tommy McQueen and I have often mentioned the varying contents of Pies in particular in past threads...indeed I think that we once had an entire thread devoted to the subject !...and yes, if StanUltra has ever sat in close proximity to the two of us on a coach heading to an away game, he would have noted a cheeky mention or two regarding Pies in general...and no doubt found it extremely boring !....but Heigh-ho , that's life I'm afraid Stan !.
( ps... If I remember rightly Chesterfield's £3.00 a time assorted Pies are not up to much..BUT the Chippy adjacent to the ground do a tasty and satisfying Meat and Potato for a couple of quid . ...there I go again ,,,boring isn't it !!).
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:08   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
And one who chooses to scoff at stalwart Stanley fans who take some comfort from discussing the relative merits of the cuisine offered at stadia found in League 2.
Tommy McQueen and I have often mentioned the varying contents of Pies in particular in past threads...indeed I think that we once had an entire thread devoted to the subject !...and yes, if StanUltra has ever sat in close proximity to the two of us on a coach heading to an away game, he would have noted a cheeky mention or two regarding Pies in general...and no doubt found it extremely boring !....but Heigh-ho , that's life I'm afraid Stan !.
( ps... If I remember rightly Chesterfield's £3.00 a time assorted Pies are not up to much..BUT the Chippy adjacent to the ground do a tasty and satisfying Meat and Potato for a couple of quid . ...there I go again ,,,boring isn't it !!).
But yonmon do they do a tasty chicken balti with puff pastry lid?
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:20   #30
Junior Member+

Take no notice of radio Sheffield. I'm surprised they even managed to say our name correctly because they only usually talk about the blunts or the bowels. For what it's worth, we are keeping possession really well and playing a really skilfull passing type of game. We wear teams down before finishing them off. To underestimate any team would be disrespectful to them and regardless of what you all think of Cook he will never be disrespectful of your team or club.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..