Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2014, 18:48   #31
God Member

Re: Home Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Wasn't the best advert, was it.

What I think is missing is a marketing agenda that does not follow the mould of other football clubs. The website, social media feeds, posters and fixture cards are all tools that are used by our bigger neighbours either side and to better effect because of their resources. If we continue to use the same marketing and promotion techniques as bigger clubs that neighbour us we will pale into insignificance purely due to this lack of resource and therefore end up with a stagnant or even decreasing level of support.

There are plenty of ways to market match day tickets by thinking outside of the box but the main theme has to be selling what is unique about our club, which I don't think we do enough of. We are a small, friendly, accessible football club that can offer a more personal football experience than larger arenas.

In my view we need to make it possible once more for Accrington Stanley to be a 'second club' to support. This weekend just gone, people who had derby tickets could have been offered reduced entry to the Saturday game for example.

Much more can be made of match days themselves to ensure a returning fanbase. Market families by creating a 'fan zone' in a sectioned off area of the car park aimed at young kids with the mascot running competitions or have a kickabout with some youth team players. Give the community trust more prominence here to bring their great work to the match day.

You can't always do more but you can always be different!

Don't the Community Trust already have their 'own thing going on ? I thought they had a section in the Whinney Hill stand or was that just a plan ?

Marketing is back to the age old issue of resource so somehow that cycle has to be broken.
Old 12-03-2014, 18:58   #32
God Member

Two different markets there I would think the kids with the CT tend to be Football Teams who do bring along the Adults but not many tend to hang around after half-time on the pitch.

The other could be aimed at encouraging Families from a different angle but hopefully the same goal which is the next generation.

Do we do anything in terms of a ticketing offer or promotion with Accy & Rossendale College?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 19:01   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Two different markets there I would think the kids with the CT tend to be Football Teams who do bring along the Adults but not many tend to hang around after half-time on the pitch.

The other could be aimed at encouraging Families from a different angle but hopefully the same goal which is the next generation.

Do we do anything in terms of a ticketing offer or promotion with Accy & Rossendale College?

From what I can gather all sorts of ticketing offers have been done with schools and colleges in the recent past and all with little support.

Whatever gets done has to make sure adults are paying
Old 13-03-2014, 20:32   #34
bdc

When the club cant do basic things like promote ticket prices on the twitter or facebook feed, its hard not to feel like banging your head against a brick wall. If anyone wants to look on the clubs twitter you will see there has only been a single mention of the Morecambe game and that is for the hospitality. Why have the reduced admission ticket prices not been mentioned once on social media? If we can't be bothered to promote it how do we expect people to turn up? We continue to be our own worst enemy.

Altering ticket prices may or may not have much difference to attendances but if as a club there is a negative attitude to trying out different prices and promotions to raise gates then we might as well close the doors and give up. Most businesses are now having to work harder than ever to get people to spend money with them, this continuous effort has to be done to keep customers happy and entice them to come back as well as gain new business. The club has to continue to look to come up with some promotions in times when there are a number of home games in a short period or attendances will be minimal as seen on the Hartlepool game. To just say we cant do anything to boost attendances is not something that the club should be focusing on.

The club should have a proactive attitude to finding ways to getting more bums on seats, the key tool the club haven't fully utilised is the £100 10 match ticket, pushing this would possibly appeal to people who have Stanley as their second team or fans who cant make all home games.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2014, 20:39   #35
bdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
What's missing though ?

Leaving the price aside which is always going to split opinions. The information is on the website and feeds to all the social media sites. There are several large posters in at least 3 places round the town detailing fixtures. There are also fixture cards printed for the remaining games to hand out.

Those who are interested will find out but how do you get to those who aren't can't be bothered.

In some ways it's happen as well those who came Saturday didn't come back last night and bring a few with them, they would have been put off football for life
Not one single mention of the reduced prices for Morecambe on the clubs twitter account.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2014, 21:43   #36

I don't know why the hartlepool match was on Tuesday evening when you could stay home and watch arsenal v Bayern in the champions league on tv for free.
It's a mighty keen fan who will choose to fork out for a league 2 match by comparison. (In fairness you don't have Andy Townsend at Stanley so there are advantages)
These days we don't just compete with Burnley and rovers, but with real Madrid, Chelsea and Manchester United.
shadsworthcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2014, 06:30   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadsworthcloud View Post
I don't know why the hartlepool match was on Tuesday evening when you could stay home and watch arsenal v Bayern in the champions league on tv for free.
Folk who sit on their sofas and watch football on TV are not the same as those who actually go to a match and watch it live. The latter can be genuinely called fans, the former are consumers. Fans make an effort to go and see Real Football, TV consumers watch Real Madrid. Consumers are as interested in football in the same way they are interested in shopping, and support a particular team to the same extent that they support Tesco over Asda.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2014, 06:37   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Wella few hundred consumers woulda been handy on Tuesday.?imho.
Old 14-03-2014, 07:09   #39
God Member

Maybe Stanley should move to Whitebirk. Peel Holdings could probably offer them an empty shed.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2014, 07:21   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadsworthcloud View Post
I don't know why the hartlepool match was on Tuesday evening
Full league programme, club didn't arrange it. Besides what was the point of watching Arsenal game unless you are a Bayern fan, the result was obvious

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..