Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree118Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2014, 21:29   #151

Re: S t 1000

I would think that season tickets, especially the early bird ones, have to be really cheap as they are the only source of income over the close season so the club have to sell them. One season when the club were desperate for money a season ticket was the same price as just over 6 games.

Normally a seat would be a couple of pounds dearer than standing but this would mean that income from away fans could not be maximised as they have to be charged the same as home fans and there are very few away seats.

The multi tickets are a good deal for regular fans who would go to that many games but with games moving to Fridays fans further away may be put off. Usually I would have benefited from a flexiticket but for various reasons I only made six games last season but would have considered one this season under the old pricing structure and maybe have brought a pal to the odd game but not at £150.

It's dangerous expecting people to go to less games to save money to attend the better ones because if you get out of the way of going to games it's easy to stop altogether especially in the winter months. A trip to the football isn't just the match ticket.

Another thing is that Stanley have been a league club for a few years now and the novelty is wearing off for non stanley fans. Will as many Portsmouth fans turn up next time now that most have been before? Perhaps Carlisle will bring a big following on Easter Monday as a lot of their fans may not have been before.

I had considered the Southend game at the start of the season but I am going to Leeds in the cup now as it fits in with a trip to see the family. It will probably be more away games than home for me as they fit in better with travel arrangements and there a few places I haven't been. Plus it is too expensive to go to more than a couple of games a month. Booking advance trains can save a lot of money but not if games get switched or postponed. Railworks saved me at least two wasted trips last season.

As stated before I don't know what the answer is but the club have lost the £100 I would have spent on a flexiticket and the £69 on a programme subscription as it would now cost £250.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-07-2014, 22:33   #152

'We are not releasing the flexi ticket prices or walk on prices until after the early bird scheme has ended'

Why?

Why not push the tickets at their best value?
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 23:50   #153
Senior Member+

from a marketing perspective, Stanley will ick up so many more consumers I the price was £19 instead of £20.

It makes such a big psychological difference.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 13:11   #154
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
Accy is unique in that if you go to another football league town those who support other sides will still wish the town side well. A sizable amount of Accringtonians, especially the younger element of Sky Sports supporters, actively DISLIKE Stanley. I have it from a reliable source The Calder in town erupted when Stevenage scored v us in the play-offs.
One of the most depressing things I've ever read on here. As Alvin says, you wouldn't get that disgusting scenario in any other town. Those who struggle to provide league football in Accrington must sometimes wonder why they bother.
Old 11-07-2014, 16:07   #155
God Member

I guess they bother, thank god, because like many of us they think more of Stanley than they do of the opinions of a bunch of ******* who's idea of being a football supporter is to watch telly in the pub wearing a Barcelona shirt (or is it Atletico Madrid this season, I can't keep up with the latest must-buy football-as-fashion merchandise).
Revived Red likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 16:46   #156
Super Moderator

Thing is, you get plastic, glory-hunting "supporters" like that in every town. Usually though they have a certain amount of goodwill to their local club. What gets me is the number of Accringtonians who seem to take delight in their hometown club's reverses and misfortunes. Never heard of that in any other town. Scum...utter scum.
cashman, Revived Red and madkev like this.
Old 11-07-2014, 19:09   #157
Full Member+

Should be grateful they have the mighty stanley on their doorstep
losers!
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 13-07-2014, 16:01   #158

I might have been exiled from Accy at 8y.o. but 62 year later if you cut me in two you'd still find ASFC running all the way through. So what do you suppose are these current breed of Accringtonians - perhaps nowt more than some sort of immigrants from parents hailing from elsewhere around the uk. I could understand them only interested in netball or knitting but cannot understand any anti-fan attitude to their birth town's club.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2014, 16:33   #159
God Member

Nowt queer as folk, especially in Accy.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2014, 17:05   #160

The fact that nobody is born in Accrington anymore doesn't help. That subconscious looking out for your birth town's team isn't there as a result. In fact civic pride in general has taken a hit and Stanley are one of many victims. People who don't care about this fine historic town certainly aren't going to care about the football club that represents it. Civic pride allows a certain amount of goodwill towards any sporting endeavours.

The town has also taken the exceptional achievements of the Reds for granted and has become blase about it. The Pompey games for example should be a sell out!! We need to push how important Football League status is to the town. Shops, pubs, local schools etc all benefit from being one of the lucky 92.

We should be the jewel in the towns crown...yet we are perceived as the thorn in its side. Embarrasing.

Pull of the greatest achievement in the 92 year in year out and they wont bat an eyelid. Win and they will come.
BTLawson likes this.
Old 14-07-2014, 07:36   #161
Senior Member+

Why can't we use the "Cat A, B and C" like last season but put the prices up so when teams like Carlisle, York and Tranmere etc come, we charge £20! When Wimbledon etc come to The Crown we charge £17/18 like our Cat A matches last season?
Old 14-07-2014, 20:04   #162
God Member

As there been any more than usual uptake on season tickets Valarian since the admission prices were announced.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2014, 08:47   #163

There might have been a bigger uptake of season tickets if they'd announced the walk-on prices at the same time.
cashman, maccawozzagod and SamF like this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2014, 02:39   #164
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
When is the flexi ticket available to purchase?
Can I get an answer?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2014, 04:52   #165
God Member

I hate to say this, but next week
MikeA likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..