Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-06-2014, 11:29   #16
Senior Member+

Re: World Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
roy hodgson post match interview on the BBC website revealed he is out of his depth, the guy has been a failure as england manager and should be sacked now to give the team the best chance of qualifying.
What like when you were shouting for Beatties head?
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-06-2014, 12:13   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
roy hodgson post match interview on the BBC website revealed he is out of his depth, the guy has been a failure as england manager and should be sacked now to give the team the best chance of qualifying.
See,all the clowns aint in the circus.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 15-06-2014, 12:45   #18
God Member

On another day England would have at least drawn and probably won against Italy. Decent performance in general, still think we will get out of the group.

The fact is the greedy clowns at the FA have probably killed our game for the next few generations and we can only produce average international players not world class ones.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 15-06-2014, 17:08   #19
Resting in Peace

Wayne Rooney must be the most overpaid player in the world, if not the most overpaid man in the world.
AccyMad and KiTChener like this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2014, 21:43   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by teabag View Post
would ashley cole have cut the cross out for the second goal,
Anyone else would have cut that cross out, how do you mark someone standing five feet IN FRONT of him? Who is the weakest link?
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2014, 23:10   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Sorry DAV0, I didn't see the interview so can't comment on that but I think Hodgson has done a good job getting this team together except for Cahill who isn't good enough, the rest, experience and youth with a good blend and players who want to do well and have lots of desire. If we don't get through at least it looks like we are going to give it one heck of a shot.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2014, 20:30   #22

I think England played as well as they could, so no complaints from me. But let's not kid ourselves that we were unlucky. Italy hit the post, hit the bar and had a shot cleared off the line. And they stopped attacking in the last 25 minutes as they sat back and let England blow ourselves out.
Costa Rica beating Uruguay has set the proverbial cat amongst the pigeons. They looked a decent side and England's 3rd game will be no gimmee. Uruguay, on the other hand, had one of their flaky days v Costa Rica, let's hope they have another one.
shadsworthcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2014, 01:52   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
If the poor Japanese ref had done his duty and sent off Neymar for his attack on Modric he wouldn't have got out of Brasil alive. That still doesn't excuse his disallowing the 2nd Croatia goal though. I can't bear listening to Andy Townsend's incessant drivel on ITV but have found the best plan is to listen to the very good commentary on Radio 5 live instead. The added bonus is that the commentary is 5 seconds or so in advance of the TV pictures!
Sometimes, if the commentary or analysis is peeing me off, I turn the sound off. I've been watching football ... and soccer ... for over 60 years. I know what's going on; I don't need some moron telling me.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2014, 02:00   #24
God Member

Quote:
Think you are being a little hard on him. The lads played well, not long after a long hard season, and being made to play in the middle of the goddam jungle. I was impressed by the young players. Raheem Sterling ... 19 years old; and he doesn't look out of place at this level. If Hodgson sticks with youth, England will probably not win the World Cup; but watch out for them at the Euros, and in the next World's. And for those favoring Argentina: England were more impressive in defeat than Argentina were in victory.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2014, 08:30   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Think you are being a little hard on him. The lads played well, not long after a long hard season, and being made to play in the middle of the goddam jungle. I was impressed by the young players. Raheem Sterling ... 19 years old; and he doesn't look out of place at this level. If Hodgson sticks with youth, England will probably not win the World Cup; but watch out for them at the Euros, and in the next World's. And for those favoring Argentina: England were more impressive in defeat than Argentina were in victory.
You've made the easy mistake of taking one of DAV007's posts seriously
Old 19-06-2014, 08:50   #26
Resting in Peace

What a wonderful performance by Chile last night. Incredible ball control in tight situations, lightening quick breaks and non stop pressing in every part of the pitch to worry the life out of the Spaniards.
No going down with cramp after 60 minutes for those guys!
It's time for Rooney, if he plays, to remember how he used to play for Everton and for Gerrard to become, for one night, the box to box dynamo he used to be and forget the strolling around at the back, failing to close down attackers and just humping Hollywood passes around, most of which go beyond our forwards.
Come on England!
FrankMoody likes this.
Old 20-06-2014, 09:00   #27
Senior Member+

anyone still daft enough to defend Roy?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2014, 09:13   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Well you should know,about being daft enough.
Old 20-06-2014, 09:14   #29
Resting in Peace

Quote:
It's not Roy who can't pass and control the ball under pressure, read the game or play with any real passion. Our players just don't have it between the ears.
Old 20-06-2014, 13:04   #30
God Member

Quote:
You mean he left behind a squad full of world beaters for that lot ?

Or could it just be the system is so screwed by the money men we will never have world beaters again ?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..